I keep getting hub notifications from amazon saying I need to update some apps. First Candy Crush and few days later hulu. The thing is, I removed these apps weeks ago.
    Is there any way to verify that removed apps are completely Uninstalled? I've tried many apps from Amazon and have since removed them and don't want to start getting more notifications.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 05:20 PM
    What's your OS version (Settings -> About -> Software Release)? If it's .2836, have you installed the Android runtime fix from BB World?
    09-05-16 05:47 PM
    I do have 10.3.2.2836. I don't remember downloading any patch but checking for ''updates'' in Blackberry world/MyWorld/MyApps & Games, it only shows a Whatsapp update needed.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 07:07 PM
    Can you open this on your phone and see if you're able to download the update?

Unable to uninstall Android applications after updating to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.2
    09-05-16 11:43 PM
    The link you provided opens a page that claims a fix for exactly what I seem to be describing.
    When I click the link on that page it opens the blackberry world page to download the patch. The description there says it is to ''fix not being able to run android programs after updating to 10.2. ''
    That doesn't seem to be at all what the previous link description says or the problem I'm having.

When I click OPEN on the bbworld page since doesn't have download option, a black screen opens with BlackBerry logo that says '' Initializing, Please Wait.'' I wait for many seconds, then the window minimizes. Doesn't seem to do anything.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-16 01:15 AM
    I was reading through the reviews of the patch and someone mentioned Ghost Commander App for removing Android programs. Installed it from Blackberry World and found many apps that I had Uninstalled still there. One by one, I was able to remove them.
    Ghost Commander also shows lots of other Android apps that I never downloaded and never seen on my Passport before. I don't know where they came from so I didn't touch them.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-16 01:46 AM
    The description on the update is old but the recent version fixes the uninstall issue. It's good to hear Ghost Commander worked though, these were likely just leftover apps from before the fix was installed.

You can ignore the extra Android apps that show up in Ghost Commander, they're essentially system level apps.
    09-06-16 10:14 AM
    I was reading through the reviews of the patch and someone mentioned Ghost Commander App for removing Android programs. Installed it from Blackberry World and found many apps that I had Uninstalled still there. One by one, I was able to remove them.
    Ghost Commander also shows lots of other Android apps that I never downloaded and never seen on my Passport before. I don't know where they came from so I didn't touch them.

Posted via CB10
    Also, for good measure, go into your Amazon app and disable notifications, if you have not already done so.
    09-06-16 10:21 AM