After joining this forum in April all I hear about is how great the BB10 and the touch phones are. Well I tried my grandson's Z10 for 3 days and found out OS7 has better apps for FB TW and BBM. These apps on BB10 will not share multiple accounts. With OS7 I can share up to 5 Twitter accounts, FaceBook and BBM at the same time. BB10 does only one at a time.

Now I see why BlackBerry doesn't have BBM for Windows 8.1 on a desktop. BTW I down loaded CB FB and TW on Windows 8.1 desktop they are not as good as going to the website via url.

Did I say CB app on BB10 and OS7 both suck.

Right now I'm up in the air about BlackBerry and the new phones coming out.The ONLY reason for me to purchase a "Classic" is because the 9900 only has 300kb of useable RAM. So is it easier for me to pull the battery every 10 minutes and share multiple social accounts or use BB10?

Sad day when "I" lose faith in BlackBerry. To bad they didn't just put a new mother board, camera and speaker in the Bold and call it a "Classic" is beyond me. It is a Q10 with a tool belt nothing more. If you're going to call it a "Classic" it should like like one. When you restore a classic car it looks like the same car. If you change the looks you call it a custom.
    Yep, once again, all BB had to do was fit the 99 with more ram. More processor and a MATURE bb10 OS would be nice too. Throwing in a bigger, thicker, battery and a decent camera would have been sweet icing for the cake. Incremental improvements have sales potential with each step. It's not like we're asking for something they've never built before. Evidence the re-released 9900. It's looking like virtually the ONLY thing legacy about the 20 will be the toolbelt. Depending on how that gets implemented. ?? Toolbelt is a great feature but it isn't, by itself, the ONLY feature "legacy holdouts" value. You can fit a steering wheel from Shelby's Cobra into a Ford F350 but that truck will never be a Cobra...

We can only hope that BB will note the relative success of the 20 and one day intro a Q99, or B20, or...
    Don't even go there about me "moving on"

Just frustrating reading all this hippe then being disappointed after using a BB10.

I honestly don't see why an android or iPhone user would want to upload BBM.

I think John Chen got some bad advise during the first 2 months of his tenure. The ergonomic keyboard is the fastest keyboard with the tool belt. Why the would call the new query phone "Classic"

Ok I'm ready for the shots, make it good, but before you do take shots at me, review my postings and my job history know the person you are shooting at.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 08-12-14 at 10:51 AM.
    08-11-14 11:11 PM
    Well all I can say is it, for some things the OS7 beats OS10 hands down and I think that's only because of one reason: OS7 was built around the keyboard. Everything was developed keeping in mind the keyboard. Can't say the same thing about BB10. Truth is, OS10 is yet to be built perfectly for the keyboard (one such example being that Speed dials took a year after launch to make their way to OS10). Hoping things change drastically with 10.3 as John Chen says that the focus predominantly will be the keyboard. But if you are a keyboard fan you will like the OS7 better. And yes, some apps are way better than BB10 (Protect, FB). Have some hopes for the classic as well.
    FakhriNZ_031 and Mr4aces like this.
    08-11-14 11:27 PM
    You can add secondary accounts on the BB10 twitter app. How many Facebook accounts do you need? I'm not following mate. Never mind I'm out. Bye.

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3, tjseaman and Mr4aces like this.
    08-11-14 11:31 PM
    Well all I can say is it, for some things the OS7 beats OS10 hands down and I think that's only because of one reason: OS7 was built around the keyboard. Everything was developed keeping in mind the keyboard. Can't say the same thing about BB10. Truth is, OS10 is yet to be built perfectly for the keyboard (one such example being that Speed dials took a year after launch to make their way to OS10). Hoping things change drastically with 10.3 as John Chen says that the focus predominantly will be the keyboard. But if you are a keyboard fan you will like the OS7 better. And yes, some apps are way better than BB10 (Protect, FB). Have some hopes for the classic as well.
    Thanks for your insight.They have had 3 years to develop the BB10 for the Q10. What about me using a Z10 with BBM? There is NO excuse for that not working the same or better than OS7. Why in the world would a android/iphone user load this limited social media on their phone?
    08-11-14 11:33 PM
    You can add secondary accounts on the BB10 twitter app. How many Facebook accounts do you need? I'm not following mate. Never mind I'm out. Bye.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Eddy,
    I did not see that you could load multiple Twitter accounts. Why won't it feed the BBM at the same time or give you the option to share on a BBM Channel? I don't have the phone right now so I can confirm anything you say. I have 2 FB accounts 5 BBM Channels and "had" as many as 20 Twitter accounts, I currently use 5 because that is the maximum you can load on your phone.

When we lived in the city I used Tweet Adder to service my 20 TW accounts (automatically). 3 years ago we moved in the country where there was no internet except for satellite. So I have been using my 9900 as my computer. We now have DSL and I just bought this desktop.
    08-11-14 11:42 PM