Dirty Secrets Apple Doesn’t Want You To Know - Likes

Ps. I have all bb7 bb10 android and ios!

But always cool to mock the beast!!! Lool

Q10 Powered by 10.2.1.1925
    rarsen, Warlack and RedFoxOne like this.
    03-02-14 01:23 PM
    Apple was frowned upon on these forums for using Foxconn, they've now apparently gone to Pegatron according to that link.

BlackBerry is now with Foxconn, does that make them just as dirty? And does BlackBerry have any other dirty secrets?

Posted via CB10
    MelCali82 and Beakman like this.
    03-02-14 01:45 PM
    Apple was frowned upon on these forums for using Foxconn, they've now apparently gone to Pegatron according to that link.

BlackBerry is now with Foxconn, does that make them just as dirty? And does BlackBerry have any other dirty secrets?

Posted via CB10
    Hope they won't get conned by the Fox, the cunning one.

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    03-02-14 04:22 PM
    Hope they won't get conned by the Fox, the cunning one.

It depends.... What does the fox say?
    03-02-14 04:27 PM
    It depends.... What does the fox say?
    If you know the fable, I think he's just waiting for the black raven to open his mouth and drop the grapes!

(or cheese)

Giving away your manufacturing leaves you kind of open or vulnerable. That's speaking for BlackBerry.

I think Apple now for a while were using Pegatron and Foxconn, and now Foxconn got dumped. Apple has way more sway and control, they offer the probably juiciest contract in the world.

03-02-14 04:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Users that frowned upon using foxconn still have a choice tho. As I understand it the low end devices will be made by them but high end will be made by BlackBerry. Do apple fans that dislike Foxconn have a choice?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 04:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm not an expert so I'll ask, what would be "dirty" about a companies choice of component manufacturers?

Post via BlackBerry ZedAche 10.2.1.2102 (2141)
    03-02-14 05:01 PM
    The dirt on foxconn didnt stop apple's iphone from becoming the most popular phone of this generation.

Whats the world coming to eh?

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2141, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    maddie1128 likes this.
    03-02-14 05:05 PM
    I'm not an expert so I'll ask, what would be "dirty" about a companies choice of component manufacturers?

Lack of wages, overtime, working conditions, high suicide rates among employees while at work

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 05:06 PM
    Users that frowned upon using foxconn still have a choice tho. As I understand it the low end devices will be made by them but high end will be made by BlackBerry. Do apple fans that dislike Foxconn have a choice?

Posted via CB10
    So if I like dislike Foxconn for the treatment of their staff I should buy a high end BlackBerry?

Does that really hide the facts?

Posted via CB10
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    03-02-14 05:10 PM
    So if I like dislike Foxconn for the treatment of their staff I should buy a high end BlackBerry?

Does that really hide the facts?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, you don't have to buy a phone that was made using child labour. U can't change the facts that other phones are but you can do your part by not buying one

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 05:13 PM
    Yes, you don't have to buy a phone that was made using child labour. U can't change the facts that other phones are but you can do your part by not buying one

Posted via CB10
    That's hardly sending a message to BlackBerry by buying a high end phone if your against child labour lol

You don't change the "item" you change the company... usually.

Posted via CB10
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    03-02-14 05:16 PM
    That's hardly sending a message to BlackBerry by buying a high end phone if your against child labour lol

You don't change the "item" you change the company... usually.

Posted via CB10
    My point is that at least with BlackBerry you have a choice. Better than not having any choice right?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 05:20 PM
    My point is that at least with BlackBerry you have a choice. Better than not having any choice right?

Posted via CB10
    Choice is always good, but you would turn a blind eye to BlackBerry supporting a company with a bad track record on treatment to its own staff (they may have improved I don't know,this is all theoretical) , just because the device you have is made by people with better conditions?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 05:30 PM
    Choice is always good, but you would turn a blind eye to BlackBerry supporting a company with a bad track record on treatment to its own staff (they may have improved I don't know,this is all theoretical) , just because the device you have is made by people with better conditions?

Posted via CB10
    I understand what your saying. I was not one to bash apple for using foxconn but am saying that the ones that did still have a choice if they were going to continue buying blackberry products. Now if someone was 100% against the matter they have a choice in not supporting blackberry. But then they probably wouldn't buy any phone from any company as most have relations with some sort of child labour issues

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 05:38 PM
    that doesnt make it okay to have your contract manufacturer treating people like crap. Its time they didnt use people as the way to save money. People are not a commodity but all of sudden they have become this. Whats next contract manufacturers to take over everything. Maybe its legal services, accounting or operations people next time. We could all find ourselves out of work if this continues. So yes it does matter and yes we should care who they use and what the conditions are because that person struggling just might be you who gets there wages cut or job offshored.
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    03-02-14 06:24 PM
    Lack of wages, overtime, working conditions, high suicide rates among employees while at work

Posted via CB10
    OK, I get it. That's a wide spread issue that developed nations have become all too comfortable with and with a home office full of technology, I'm as guilty as anyone. I don't have the slightest clue how to make a difference. I guess that's a whole other conversation.

03-02-14 06:46 PM
    Well at least Foxconn raised the wage after the fuss. I don't think that makes BlackBerry as dirty since Foxconn pay more than pegatron or w/e it's spelled

From my White Z30
    03-02-14 06:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry are dirty and we live em anyway!!!!

Darn out of all the reasons u guys got hooked in the debatable one!

How about the rest!

Q10 Powered by 10.2.1.1925
    03-02-14 10:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Are you seriously suggesting that children in some countries are telecommunications electronic engineers? I don't think a child ever built a phone. Phones made by kids are two cans and a bit of string.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    03-03-14 01:24 PM
    Are you seriously suggesting that children in some countries are telecommunications electronic engineers? I don't think a child ever built a phone. Phones made by kids are two cans and a bit of string.

Seriously? Or is my sarcasm detector screwed up again?
    03-03-14 03:39 PM
    Seriously? Or is my sarcasm detector screwed up again?
    My detector is ping'd. I hope it's accurate. The alternative would be saying that and meaning it.

03-03-14 05:39 PM
    Rotfl

03-03-14 11:33 PM

Foxconn manufactures approximately 50% of ALL consumer electronic products produced today.

Stop for a minute and think about that.

NOT using them for contract electronics manufacturing at this point is not entirely like someone deciding that breathing air is not hip any more, so they decide to give up breathing air.

People get on these petty crusades when their pet product (like Apple) finally motivates them to learn how the world works, and then when they figure a little part of this out, they go on these faux outrage campaigns to "do something" about some tiny corner of the world that doesn't actually have much impact on anything except to assuage their newly guilty conscience.

There are far greater injustices everywhere around them, but because people's ego are so wrapped-up with their smartphones and electronic doo-dahs these days, that becomes a metaphor for something that really doesn't amount to much in the grand scheme of things.

So we have products made by name-brand companies in sweatshops in places where workers have no rights, get low pay, are getting lifelong diseases because of exposure to toxic chemicals etc because those things are intentionally manufactured in places that have crappy environmental and labor standards, and the manufacturers write pathetic things on the package like "printed with biodegradable inks". Barf. Yet they gripe to high heaven if the price on their next "gotta have" doo-dah is $20 higher than last year.

People need to see past the ring in their nose they are being led around with.
    03-04-14 08:25 AM

You realize that any product made in China - which means MOST products these days - is made there SPECIFICALLY because of the low wages and poor working conditions, right? Otherwise the cost to make the product would be higher, and the customers refuse to pay higher prices for these things.

As for suicide rate - you realize that the suicide rate at Hon Hai dba Foxconn live-in factory towns in China is actually lower than the country-wide average in China, right?

And you realize that the Foxconn factory complex in Shenzhen employs around half a million people, right?

It is the largest factory complex ever in the history of the human race.
    03-04-14 08:29 AM
29 12