Jokes aside, I'm now bezel-swiping on my iPhone. I wish Jan 30 would come sooner.
    01-10-13 11:18 PM
    It is totally a problem. Once you start using it, it will get worse. On the Ipad we have at work I am always trying my Playbook moves.
    01-11-13 04:29 AM
    It is totally a problem. Once you start using it, it will get worse. On the Ipad we have at work I am always trying my Playbook moves.
    Too funny. I'm in the same boat, every once in a while my wife hands me her iPad or my daughter her mini to show me something, and I'm forever swiping the bezels ..... its far easier then popping in and out of functions then a button is what I've learned.

When they grab my PB, they quickly adapt, and when they grab their itablets, I catch them doing the same thing. LOL The gestures just seem natural.
    01-11-13 08:28 AM
    Too funny. I'm in the same boat, every once in a while my wife hands me her iPad or my daughter her mini to show me something, and I'm forever swiping the bezels ..... its far easier then popping in and out of functions then a button is what I've learned.

When they grab my PB, they quickly adapt, and when they grab their itablets, I catch them doing the same thing. LOL The gestures just seem natural.
    It's odd, the iPad is a terrific device, and the clear market leader - but going in and out of apps and having to press that home button feels so....primitive doesn't it?
    01-11-13 08:33 AM
    I get phantom-bezel syndrome when using an iPad as well. At least with the iPad there are four-finger gestures for swiping through background apps and returning to the home screen - no such luck with the iPhone.
    tHe.iR1sH likes this.
    01-11-13 08:41 AM
    My daughters all have PB's. When I argue with my youngest she swipes up and pokes the air to shut me up.
    01-11-13 08:41 AM
    It's odd, the iPad is a terrific device, and the clear market leader - but going in and out of apps and having to press that home button feels so....primitive doesn't it?
    The iPad has it's own set of gestures. Don't need to use the home button at all if you know how to use them (other than for Siri). Quite different from the PlayBook 1 finger swipes though...iPad gestures require 4 fingers which for me feels "clunkier".
    01-11-13 09:31 AM
    Quite different from the PlayBook 1 finger swipes though...iPad gestures require 4 fingers which for me feels "clunkier".
    Agreed, it feels unnatural to me.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    01-11-13 09:35 AM
    The iPad has it's own set of gestures. Don't need to use the home button at all if you know how to use them (other than for Siri). Quite different from the PlayBook 1 finger swipes though...iPad gestures require 4 fingers which for me feels "clunkier".
    Ah well I didn't know that. I stand corrected sir.
    01-11-13 09:46 AM
    I am having the same issues. My 4S just doesn't look the same anymore.
    01-11-13 10:40 AM
    +1 totally agree. And I've had the same problem. I think that is what I am going to love most about BB10. The gestures and movements are intuitive and natural. When you start doing them, it just feels like 'this is how it should be done.' Is it January 30th yet?!?
    01-11-13 10:44 AM
    . . .When I argue with my youngest she swipes up and pokes the air to shut me up.
    That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time! I may start using that with the wife!
    01-11-13 11:26 AM
    Almost ruined my relationship. Tried the Peek and Flow swipe on my lady friend.......sure could use that Balance right about now.....
    RECOOL, robtanz, ibpluto and 1 others like this.
    01-11-13 11:45 AM
    "Daddy, I'm going to swipe up and poke you just like I do my browser"
    01-11-13 12:15 PM
    Thanks for the fun thread. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with phantom bezel syndrome.
    01-11-13 12:15 PM
    That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time! I may start using that with the wife!
    Even funnier......she's only 6, and quite the PlayBook master!
    01-11-13 12:30 PM
    I have a bad case of the bezel syndrome aka bezelitis.. even with my 9790.. 30th can't come soon enough.
    01-11-13 12:38 PM
    My daughters all have PB's. When I argue with my youngest she swipes up and pokes the air to shut me up.
    LOLL!! You just made my day.

I also found myself trying to close apps by swiping up. I did it just yesterday on my BB Torch
    01-11-13 12:53 PM
    Another sign I am checking news sites for a shred of news too often...

You know how there are comments on articles? Do you ever find yourself seeking comments at the end of a forum thread?

I just did...it's pitiful.
    01-11-13 06:06 PM
    I am already trying to "swipe" words up from my 9900 keyboard. Typing is going to be a Breeze!!!!!

And yes I check out comments from articles too.

Edit* I Have been trying to swipe the keyboard One handed.in my opinion, I'm doing really well.
    Last edited by calicocat2010; 01-11-13 at 09:31 PM.
    01-11-13 07:28 PM
    I am already trying to "swipe" words up from my 9900 keyboard. Typing is going to be a Breeze!!!!!

And yes I check out comments from articles too.
    One thing I want to point out though is that two handed use of the BB10 keyboard is still slower than with a physical keypad. Single handed use of the BB10 keyboard though is much faster with the predictions.
    01-11-13 08:45 PM
    One thing I want to point out though is that two handed use of the BB10 keyboard is still slower than with a physical keypad. Single handed use of the BB10 keyboard though is much faster with the predictions.
    Oh I should have noted that I have been swiping my 9900 keyboard One Handed. But anyway, thanks for trying.
    01-11-13 09:29 PM
    it sure does ruins my BB Javelin experience. the only way for me to stop this predicament is to use one of the Z10 devices.
    01-11-13 11:06 PM
    I do that on Android all the time. That first time though is tough, I remember being all frustrated in future shop because I couldn't leave the camera.
    01-11-13 11:36 PM

Haha, you've been PlayBooked.
    01-11-13 11:55 PM
26 12