I know it's highly unlikely but i managed to see an interesting video for a vision of OS8 if there were to be one.

Do you think it would be successful or could have been successful?

12-30-12 05:44 PM
    BB10 was and is the way to go
    el_excelsior likes this.
    12-30-12 06:11 PM
    BB10 was and is the way to go
    Yes BB10 is, but what about all the OS 7 devices out there that would like updates? RIM has stated they will continue support for OS 7...so maybe that means a 50% update to BB10? not running the QNX OS but maybe re-skin BBOS to match BB10 a little more
    12-30-12 06:18 PM
    I don't think rim has enough people employed on that side to do anything major on the legacy os at this point.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    12-30-12 06:43 PM
    The only thing this video was missing was the spinning clock every few seconds lol thats why bbos had to go and Qnx has landed Im excited for qnx and its capability's. We will be seeing some very exciting stuff very soon!
    el_excelsior likes this.
    12-30-12 06:45 PM
    If only RIM could hire another 1,500 developers, perhaps 2,000 testers and a 100 project managers. That may get your job done.
    12-30-12 10:21 PM
    Yes BB10 is, but what about all the OS 7 devices out there that would like updates? RIM has stated they will continue support for OS 7...so maybe that means a 50% update to BB10? not running the QNX OS but maybe re-skin BBOS to match BB10 a little more
    There is almost zero chance of major updates to the look of bb7 and what they mean by continuing to support bb7 would be new versions of things like bbm (bbm voice not just over wifi next perhaps?), facebook, twitter etc. along with radio or security updates if they were needed.
    12-31-12 04:18 AM
    Look at how many devices on OS 5 got updated to BB6. How many BB6 devices got BB7? If they came out with a BB8 device, what are the chances that BB7 devices would get the upgrade?
    12-31-12 08:17 AM
    I know it's highly unlikely but i managed to see an interesting video for a vision of OS8 if there were to be one.

Do you think it would be successful or could have been successful?

Doubtful that RIM will want to create another iteration of BBOS to put out there to support. They'll want to get everyone migrated to BB10 as soon as they can to streamline their support operations which will save them money.
    el_excelsior likes this.
    12-31-12 10:26 AM
    I would hazard a guess that a significant number of people laid off from RIM were Java developers. For a reason. They were not needed anymore
    01-01-13 02:42 AM
    The BBos has been pushed to be able to do what it does, thus the change to qnx. It just doesn't make sense to dedicate energy, time, and money to make the BBos to look like qnx when it will never be capable of performing as well as we would all want it to. If you want the BB10 experience then there is only one good solution and that is to get a BB10.
    01-01-13 10:18 AM
    Quite right, BB 10 is the way to go
    01-01-13 01:06 PM
    Unlikely, for many of the reasons given above. That said, BB10 will be beta when released. And RIM is going expect you to suck up their many, many bugs for months/years to come. No thanks Thorsten.
    Buy a 2nd-hand iPhone or Galaxy whatever. Far better support, many more useful apps. Unless you enjoy supporting a titan of mobile computing that got fat, lost its way and continued until it imploded...

Hope IBM is smart enough to wait, wait until RIM has gone bankrupt and then they can pick through the carcass...
    01-02-13 06:50 PM
    Unlikely, for many of the reasons given above. That said, BB10 will be beta when released. And RIM is going expect you to suck up their many, many bugs for months/years to come. No thanks Thorsten.
    Buy a 2nd-hand iPhone or Galaxy whatever. Far better support, many more useful apps. Unless you enjoy supporting a titan of mobile computing that got fat, lost its way and continued until it imploded...

Hope IBM is smart enough to wait, wait until RIM has gone bankrupt and then they can pick through the carcass...
    Looks like I'm going to report every single one of your posts.
    I'm going to ask everyone else to do so as well..
    (It sucks how I had to waste my 1600th post on you.)
    01-02-13 07:15 PM