BBC and other services have updated the version of flash used, I was wondering whether there is a way of updating the version flash my Q5 uses? If however, it is an OS thing, which is what it seems to be in other forums on this site, do any people with an ear to the ground know when an update is coming to fix this mildly annoying problem.
    04-26-14 03:17 AM
    BBC and other services have updated the version of flash used, I was wondering whether there is a way of updating the version flash my Q5 uses? If however, it is an OS thing, which is what it seems to be in other forums on this site, do any people with an ear to the ground know when an update is coming to fix this mildly annoying problem.
    You cannot update the Flash executable yourself, it is a protected system file.

Bear in mind: Flash is a dead platform and the ONLY mobile platform in the world that I am aware of that it is still supported on - if minimally - is BlackBerry 10.

Adobe has stated categorically that the product will no longer be updated for Linux/Unix, iOS or Android. BlackBerry has the only active mobile license and they mostly maintain it themselves, probably. Its days on the desktop are numbered as well. The world is moving to non-proprietary animation/video formats, like the ones included with HTML5.

Unfortunately since Adobe is no longer adding functionality on the mobile side for Flash, we will probably never see a modern version beyond the 11.1 series already on BB10. And now that version 13 is the mainstream desktop version, a lot of content designed for that version won't run on 11.1 any more.

You could try changing the browser mode from mobile to desktop mode or vice-versa, some people have said this helps in some cases for some content.

Also - you could try just disabling Flash support in the browser entirely. For example, YouTube used to be all Flash-based but in recent history if you went there with a device that did not support Flash it would revert to HTML5 video by default. (ie for Apple devices)
    04-26-14 04:08 AM