Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 116
Like Tree91Likes
  1. Farzeen25's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    266 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Admit it guys....

    I know it's hard for all of us in here to admit the reality, because we are all blinded by our love to BB10. But, the situation has become worst. The apps and the run time has all started crippling. In a few months, everything would go down the lane. BB10 has become another legacy OS. BBOS and BB10 are on the same boat. The browsing experience on BB10 hasn't improved at all, at least that's how I see with the claimed 10.3.3 updates. Both BBOS and BB10 are just good enough for the basics. Calls, Sms, texts, emails. No support from app developers and delayed updates from the parent company. The ecosystem is so dead, all the apps I see in the store dates back to the stone age,lol. Customising icons or giving a fresh look to the device is a distant reality. The glory days of BB10 are over. I have admitted the harsh reality and hence anytime soon I would also have to make the choice and migrate to another OS and it's ecosystem. Soon, most of ya all would do the same. But, let's face it, expecting more to come from the OS is something we all shouldn't be doing. Hence, this post :-)

    Posted via CB10
  2. rarsen's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    680 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    That is your opinion, others also have opinions which are different. Wait a little longer like annoncements at Mobile World Congress at end of February and then verify if you maintain your present opinion.
    Jrox74 likes this.
  3. johnny_bravo72's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,951 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rarsen View Post
    That is your opinion, others also have opinions which are different. Wait a little longer like annoncements at Mobile World Congress at end of February and then verify if you maintain your present opinion.
    You expecting the Mercury to run BB10?
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
  4. rarsen's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    680 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Didn't Chen and other management at BB maintain a long time ago that they would concentrate on Android until after the 10.3.4 release. Look back to his past declarations and you will find it.
    Jrox74 likes this.
  5. kvndoom's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,485 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,489 Global Posts
    PIN
    ??
    #5  

    Default

    It's nobody's fault but Blackberry's for this dragging out so long. They just need to officially state the obvious instead of giving false hope with an ambiguous "we still support BB10" mantra. Seriously this is Terri Schiavo levels of ridiculous.
    FF22, TGR1, ronfc and 1 others like this.
  6. Zeddepher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    280 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rarsen View Post
    Didn't Chen and other management at BB maintain a long time ago that they would concentrate on Android until after the 10.3.4 release. Look back to his past declarations and you will find it.
    It certainly makes sense that BlackBerry would concentrate on the "new" platform.
  7. Nikola Adzic's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    116 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    All working here, although I rarely use those chat apps, so no biggie for me.
    Instagram though is one of my most used apps, I'm enjoying in good photography, and native alternative apps simple doesn't work for me in any way.

    Other, I don't give a....



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170108_143809.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	419.4 KB 
ID:	415511

    Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 likes this.
  8. rarsen's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    680 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Agreed as those with a business frame of mind, will initially want to concentrate improving positioning and build traction on the money making sections of the business to stabilize the long-term.

    Having seen how TCL promotes certain of its products at CES, gives faith that they will have a strong push on mobile at the Mobile World Congress in Spain at end of February. The waiting period also providing additional time to further improve the product and plan promotion for improved impact. And as a sideline with the many discussions on security around the US elections and the start of the Trump presidency, will probably contribute to increased public concerns on the need for improved security. Hey I know there are a lot of politics (including Giuliani being close friends with both Chen and Trump) but its a new year with possible major movements -- you know positioning, positioning, patience and patience. Let's see how it looks after Mobile World Congress
    Greened likes this.
  9. Low Joe's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    251 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    My ppse does everything now that it did when I bought it?
    It's like saying the new car you bought 2 years ago doesn't have the same bells and whistles as the one you buy today?

    Sent from my ⑩ Passport SE; not running Android.
    Jrox74 and deremi like this.
  10. rarsen's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    680 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Same as with my black PP which might contribute to BBRY's problem as it has consistently filled my needs, and haven't felt the need to presently spend further seeking an improved model..
    Jrox74 likes this.
  11. Trouveur's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    141 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Another doomsday thread !

    Couldn't you post this in one of the others 100 threads about blackberry's fall ?

    Posted via CB10
    Mauri5io likes this.
  12. David Tyler's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    915 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Farzeen25 View Post
    The apps and the run time has all started crippling. I
    Not on my phone.



    Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
  13. medic22003's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,703 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,736 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Tyler View Post
    Not on my phone.



    Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Yeah my z30 was tanking a year ago. Longer than that, I just waited for Verizon to get the priv before I replaced it
  14. melander's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    377 Posts
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Admitted. The bb10 and bbos are supported for those that still have them. That's what RIMM wants us to think
  15. gravesend60's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    85 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    OP is correct, I love my BlackBerry Passport but the lack of apps and app support is what killed bb10 also the lack of advertising was a disaster ( and for anyone saying they did...BS!!)
    I will stick with my passport till the end but the truth will set you free.....bb10 is dead.

    Posted via CB10
  16. Farzeen25's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    266 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trouveur View Post
    Another doomsday thread !

    Couldn't you post this in one of the others 100 threads about blackberry's fall ?

    Posted via CB10
    This is not about blackberry's fall my dear friend, this is about accepting the fact that 'BB10' in particular is getting weaker as the days go by. Even James Nieves of BerryFlow ( Another Popular blackberry fan site, similar to crackberry) had said they have stopped developing for BB10 because of the API limitations and lack of support from BlackBerry. This shows the state of BB10 and it's future. So, with all due respect, all I am asking is to accept the grave reality instead of wishing and hoping that BB10 would rise once again like a phoenix.

    Posted via CB10
  17. Farzeen25's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    266 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Tyler View Post
    Not on my phone.



    Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    To be frank, all the patching and searching for different versions of apk's that work have started taking a toll on me. Cobalt's Google Play store is definitely a great work around for instant android app downloads. But, a number of apps do not even work since they all require a higher android runtime. Hence, we all are left with searching for the versions that work. The old times are changing, the run time is definitely getting crippled and Blackberry is helpless in this regard. Android is definitely the future for them. I was once so reluctant about moving to droidberry, but as time passes I feel my stubbornness to surrender to droid is just a lame excuse. The hard reality has hit me. I love BB10 but if this is how things go on from now, I will have to take those extra steps to get drenched in the droid pool.

    Posted via CB10
  18. Halifax Guy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,026 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    That was a lot of hot air expended for naught. If our BB10 devices function in a way that works for us today, tomorrow and into the future then they work for us. If your device doesn't do what you want it to for your purposes then find a substandard OS that works for you.

    Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    David Tyler likes this.
  19. Avenzuno's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    704 Posts
    Global Posts
    709 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    BlackBerry 10 could be saved if the Company had a visionary who could convince the board to devote enough resources to the platform. The OS has a future first as a legacy OS if BlackBerry Android devices can take off to satisfy core enterprise and government markets. Then if were up to me, I'd re-release improved (under the hood) Passport and Classics. Using a cash infusion from successful BlackBerry Android device sales, I would also create two skunkworks groups with R&D for the following projects:

    1. Create in-house versions of key apps with the cooperation of the underlying developers, and

    2. Develop a way to synchronize a brand new BB10 device with cutting edge specs with QNX automotive systems, and have automakers include these phones with the cars they sell. BlackBerry will need to make sure its Assistant can work with the QNX systems.

    The above can work if BlackBerry has the commitment. Notice I have abandoned any further association with Google. My idea takes advantage of the assets that BlackBerry has under its nose.

    Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Classic with BB10 OS 10.3.3.2049 on at&t
    David Tyler and Jrox74 like this.
  20. Avenzuno's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    704 Posts
    Global Posts
    709 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    BlackBerry should repurpose BlackBerry 10 to integrate it with other QNX industrial systems. Essentially I am proposing that for BlackBerry's auto customers, TCL provide a multi-core (see what the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 has) BlackBerry device that can be sold through automakers with their cars as a companion device to get it in consumer drivers' hands. After all, BB10 was created from QNX, right? BlackBerry can then convince app developers to create BB10 versions for what I see is one of the final frontier for the smartphone consumer markets: the driver's car dashboard.

    Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Classic with BB10 OS 10.3.3.2049 on at&t
    Last edited by Avenzuno; 01-08-17 at 01:48 PM.
  21. Soulstream's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,256 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,293 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenzuno View Post
    BlackBerry 10 could be saved if the Company had a visionary who could convince the board to devote enough resources to the platform. The OS has a future first as a legacy OS if BlackBerry Android devices can take off to satisfy core enterprise and government markets. Then if were up to me, I'd re-release improved (under the hood) Passport and Classics. Using a cash infusion from successful BlackBerry Android device sales, I would also create two skunkworks groups with R&D for the following projects:

    1. Create in-house versions of key apps with the cooperation of the underlying developers, and

    2. Develop a way to synchronize a brand new BB10 device with cutting edge specs with QNX automotive systems, and have automakers include these phones with the cars they sell. BlackBerry will need to make sure its Assistant can work with the QNX systems.

    The above can work if BlackBerry has the commitment. Notice I have abandoned any further association with Google. My idea takes advantage of the assets that BlackBerry has under its nose.

    Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Classic with BB10 OS 10.3.3.2049 on at&t
    You do realise that QNX is just the middleware in the car systems you speak of? Without some other kind of software on top of it (Apple Carplay or Android auto for example), QNX is not so useful to end customers. It is also the software on top that takes care of the compatibility between the car and the mobile OS, not QNX itself.
  22. #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstream View Post
    You do realise that QNX is just the middleware in the car systems you speak of? Without some other kind of software on top of it (Apple Carplay or Android auto for example), QNX is not so useful to end customers. It is also the software on top that takes care of the compatibility between the car and the mobile OS, not QNX itself.
    Not to worry, Ford and Toyota are working on a standard for in-car entertainment/competitor to CarPlay and Android Auto that includes QNX. Whether it lasts remains to be seen.

    It should be noted that QNX already does CarPlay and Android Auto.
  23. Soulstream's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,256 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,293 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thurask View Post
    Not to worry, Ford and Toyota are working on a standard for in-car entertainment/competitor to CarPlay and Android Auto that includes QNX. Whether it lasts remains to be seen.

    It should be noted that QNX already does CarPlay and Android Auto.
    Nice, hope it's a good standard. But my point still stands that QNX is not as useful without other software on top of it. But it's not QNX's fault; it was designed as a middleware and that's the role of middleware.
  24. David Tyler's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    915 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Farzeen25 View Post
    This is not about blackberry's fall my dear friend, this is about accepting the fact that 'BB10' in particular is getting weaker as the days go by.
    BlackBerry 10 isn't getting any "weaker as the days go by" on my phone.



    Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
  25. joeldf's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,099 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,103 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melander View Post
    Admitted. The bb10 and bbos are supported for those that still have them. That's what RIMM wants us to think
    What's this "RIMM" you speak of...




    Posted via CB10
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. After updating the BBM app it won't open; only shows an "Oops" message
    By CrackBerry Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-17, 07:02 PM
  2. Is it possible to emulate linux on passport?
    By Miriotuken in forum BlackBerry Passport
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-07-17, 11:44 PM
  3. Is it possible to use BBM as a primary way to send text messages?
    By CrackBerry Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-07-17, 10:12 PM
  4. I just replaced my passport for a priv and LOATHE it
    By CrackBerry Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-07-17, 09:23 PM

Posting Permissions