I've seen a lot of threads with people stating what bb10 is missing (insert here)X having os/hardware issues, bad battery, and complaining bb10 is bad for whatever reason.

I If you really are experiencing problems then I have nothing but hope that your carrier will release the update or replace your phone. With that said and so many coming from another platform do people not remember?

Antenna issues iphone 4 - not first gen

Scratching issues iphone 5 - not first gen

Lock screen issues ios 6 - nor first gen

Microsoft active sync issue, messing with corporate software and others emails ios 6

Reboots, force closing apps ios and (60% of)android devices still.

Ios is still missing features bbos had, yet most don't complain.

If you cant understand it's a first gen os and wanna complain about what's missing, go buy an android or iphone if they have it instead of comparing them, I don't go to I more com and say my iphone doesn't have nfc so I'm going to BlackBerry.

Some of us know BlackBerry put there all in this os on limited resources (for not only R&D but also staff) in a small amount of time. How small?

Ios was first thought of and put into development in late 2002 when jobs made the first ipad prototype, the iPad project was stopped a year later because he though it would make an amazing phone, so they went back to the drawing board and it was released until 2007. With no mms and background pictures among many things.

Android was first in development in the earlier 2000's and was gonna be a os for cameras, they then changed there mind a few years later when the camera industry died down and began working on a phone os, that was actually a copy of BlackBerry at the time, they were bought by Google around 2005, who's chairman got a peek at the iPhone not long after. After seeing it they went and revamp android and released it in 2009.

Ya BlackBerry had the PlayBook but that was more a test run, compared to bb10. To write bb10 in 2 years time is an amazing accomplishment. It may be missing features now, but they will come in the future.

Ios and android got to where they are today with TIME, an os has to mature just like bbos did and bb10 will, I'm in no way making excuses for Blackberry, just feel this is something that needs to be said and addressed. I wish every z10 was perfect and there were no missing features at all, but in reality it'd be basically impossible for Bb to deliver an os as muture as android, bbos, and iOS(though some could ah bb10 has passed iOS).

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SDTRMG; 04-20-13 at 12:40 PM.
    04-19-13 11:59 PM
    +1

My husband gets returns and people with problems at his store for all the phones they sell.

A friend of ours who preordered an iphone 5 has now returned his second one due to it shutting down and won't charge or start up again. He's been an iphone fan for years though so all he says is he hopes the next one works and carries on. Yup. Cause tech happens.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-20-13 10:05 PM
    +1

My husband gets returns and people with problems at his store for all the phones they sell.

A friend of ours who preordered an iphone 5 has now returned his second one due to it shutting down and won't charge or start up again. He's been an iphone fan for years though so all he says is he hopes the next one works and carries on. Yup. Cause tech happens.

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly why I don't understand why people compare the z10 to iPhone and android like they don't have issues. Every batch of 1-- million + order will have some bad ones in there, apple and Samsung both no this very well.
    04-20-13 10:48 PM
    I think there has to be a safe place to open a thread describing your issues, problems, experiences.

I've often written an explicit request for other CB forum participants to refrain from posting "I've not had that problem ". I've often written that I'm certain there are millions who have not had the problem.

The only way to diagnose problems is to begin collecting anecdotes and personal stories before moving to hypothses about cause.

There has to be a safe place to write it all out.

I think it's fair to ask people to refrain from comparing the phone in question to various competitor phones. I've never compared my Z10 phones (three of them) to any other phone.
    04-21-13 08:35 PM
    I think there has to be a safe place to open a thread describing your issues, problems, experiences.

I've often written an explicit request for other CB forum participants to refrain from posting "I've not had that problem ". I've often written that I'm certain there are millions who have not had the problem.

The only way to diagnose problems is to begin collecting anecdotes and personal stories before moving to hypothses about cause.

I think it's fair to ask people to refrain from comparing the phone in question to various competitor phones. I've never compared my Z10 phones (three of them) to any other phone.
    I agree there should be a place people can report problems etc. just like there's a tips and tricks section it would clean up the threads and make it easier for users to help people.

And I also try not to compare phones because all phones have there own set of problems, also I know I wouldn't have liked the z10 if I approached using it with an android or iOS mindset, instead of a clear mind.
    04-22-13 03:15 PM

While I agree that people need to be able to post about their issues, and ask for and receive help, I disagree about you not wanting people who don't have that problem to post. For one thing - on many issues it can be a good data point as we try to narrow down the issue. For another thing - what kind of feed back do you expect if you only let people who have problems post? You start to get a skewed view that there are many of these phones with these problems. And finally - it's an open forum and it just isn't going to happen.

That said i do fully realize that there is a particular type of post that is very unhelpful - specifically the 'i don't have that problem so you must be doing something wrong'. Then we get the 'if you don't have the problem you must be a delusional fanboy because only those with problems are being honest'. Neither of these types of posts are helpful and should be ignored.
    russworman likes this.
    04-22-13 06:36 PM
    I think part of the problem is that when someone has an issue, they're likely not going to be able to go through hundreds of pages to find if the issue has been reported. The user is likely irate already and wants to be able to get answers immediately. There's a great post with an OP who has consolidated many bugs/issues reported by other poster and has been updating it all on the first page. Maybe the mods can put a sticky on it and maybe another one for missing features there would be less of these venting threads. Another problem is how some posters title their threads ane word their posts. If a poster is going to overboard with the title or come out as offensive to most readers, the poster is just asking to be ridiculed for the trollish behavior. There's a way of going about things in a constructive manner but unfortunately many posters come off having a me against the world mindset and I'm sure there are many readers who are just tired of them.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jay_men; 04-22-13 at 08:10 PM.
    04-22-13 07:09 PM
    Interesting dissertation but I cannot concur that weaknesses in other previous OS issues would in any way exonerate BlackBerry from actually leaving things out that have been a part of BlackBerry users lives for years. It makes no sense and no warning of this was ever given. So in that vane I consider your argument not valid (my opinion only of course) regarding "Things Missing" if in fact you refer to the items that used to be synonymous with BlackBerry. On the topic of bugs, and other "Growing Pain" type issues, yes I would agree. There is time and use required for any new OS to work out the wrinkles.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:53 PM