Hey everyone,

I'm hoping there's a simple explanation for this problem and I'm just not seeing it. When I receive or place a call to an unknown number, then later decide to add that number as a new contact, my BB sync's it to both my personal (Gmail) and work (Google Apps) Contacts. How can I set which account to sync the contact with? Thanks!

-mtmjr90

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 11:46 AM
    Hey everyone,

I'm hoping there's a simple explanation for this problem and I'm just not seeing it. When I receive or place a call to an unknown number, then later decide to add that number as a new contact, my BB sync's it to both my personal (Gmail) and work (Google Apps) Contacts. How can I set which account to sync the contact with? Thanks!

-mtmjr90

Posted via CB10
    I'd be interested in the same, cant choose which account to add to unless I copy the number, then go into the Contacts app, and then manually add the contact, which is a hassle.
    I'd rather choose from the call log itself.
    03-24-13 01:16 PM
    Yup, I can't figure this out, nor find answers anywhere.

Z10, BB 10.2.0.xxxx
    08-23-13 06:44 PM
    Question is: Which one does it decide to sync to?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 10:20 PM
    This is the weakest point for OS10 IMHO. I have been quite vocal about this whole contacts madness in this forum and BB support forum. So far, even with the latest OS 10.2 leak this problem with adding contacts/crazy autolinking has not been solved. Been twittering Alec Saunders and Michael Clewley about this and so far nothing. How can BB be a business phone if this simple contacts management is extremely poor by design, and they seem to have no clue how to fix this problem quick enough.

Posted via CB10
    Graheem likes this.
    08-24-13 04:38 AM
    I'd be interested in the same, cant choose which account to add to unless I copy the number, then go into the Contacts app, and then manually add the contact, which is a hassle.
    I'd rather choose from the call log itself.
    Bingo. That's how you have to do it. Unfortunately.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1047
    08-24-13 06:27 AM
    This is the weakest point for OS10 IMHO. I have been quite vocal about this whole contacts madness in this forum and BB support forum. So far, even with the latest OS 10.2 leak this problem with adding contacts/crazy autolinking has not been solved. Been twittering Alec Saunders and Michael Clewley about this and so far nothing. How can BB be a business phone if this simple contacts management is extremely poor by design, and they seem to have no clue how to fix this problem quick enough.

Posted via CB10
    Contacts is probably the weakest part of BB10m which is saying something about their planning and foresight, given the importance of Contacts on a hard-core communications device. If I want a tool, not a toy, I need a rock-solid Contacts app, and this one is just bunk.
    Graheem likes this.
    08-24-13 09:13 AM
    Contacts is probably the weakest part of BB10m which is saying something about their planning and foresight, given the importance of Contacts on a hard-core communications device. If I want a tool, not a toy, I need a rock-solid Contacts app, and this one is just bunk.
    Woah. Just read another hate from you in less than two minutes

Posted via CB10
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    08-24-13 09:24 AM
    Woah. Just read another hate from you in less than two minutes

Posted via CB10
    What you see as "hate" I see as another effort to get Blackberry to address the entire Contacts set of problems that have existed in OS10 from the beginning. After many many complaints about contacts, it appears Blackberry is doing nothing about them. I agree with the observation that for many users at least, contacts are a very important part of any smartphone. For me I "assumed" that such problems would not exist on a released product of any brand and was shocked to find this on my highly acclaimed Blackberry Z10. Even more so considering the many delays in getting it launched. What a contrast to the excellent integration of my OS5,6,7 devices & Playbook (before OS10) with my Outlook contacts.
    Graheem likes this.
    08-24-13 10:44 AM
    Question is: Which one does it decide to sync to?

Posted via CB10
    I'm trying to figure that out. I test by going into Contacts, and in the Contacts hub clicked on a gmail account created a test contact. I it showed up there, but also with links to 4 other accounts. I confirmed (by going into my actual web mail account on desktop computer and seeing that the contact when to all account I have !

Can I not create a contact specifically in one account on BB10??? I don't mind it 'linking' if it finds same name in facebook or exchange, but I don't want it populating all my email accounts! I need help to figure this out...it can't really be this way.

Thanks.
    08-26-13 01:58 PM
    Ok, reading the additional posts above, I have to agree with both Benjamin_NYC and jgrobertson - obviously this isn't just me doing something wrong. And Benjamin_NYC isn't hating, he's got a beef, as do I about this. With the leak of 10.2 now running on my Z10 I see that BB10 has come along way since I got it in February. I'm starting to feel me old love I used to have years back for Blackberry. But the Contacts is messed up. When you go to add a new contact you should be able to choose which account, as you can in your Calendar, that you want the addition to go to. Simple, no? But no...no choice, it just adds and auto links. Frustrating. Other than, mostly loving my Z.
    grumpyaeroguy likes this.
    08-26-13 02:07 PM
    Contacts suck. I'm sick of blaming Google. The syncing is iffy at times and I have had outdated info I've changed get re-pushed. Also, contacts from Gmail to the BlackBerry don't always update. I created a blank contact on Gmail and it appeared in my device with a manual refreshing but the info in that contact has yet to come through. WTF...

Fix the problems BlackBerry. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that it is a grand idea to have a "select account to add contact to" prompt when adding a contact. Nor does it take a genius to figure out that contacts should be priority #1 right now.

I honestly am sick of hearing about all these "cool features" coming to 10.2. Give me a contact fix or go home.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    grumpyaeroguy likes this.
    08-26-13 02:16 PM
    The way it seems to work in my experience is that the new contact will sync to the last contact view, so for example if you change the view to Gmail, then add a contact, it will sync to Gmail only and no other email accounts, even when you change back to All view.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 03:04 PM
    If someone knows how to do this please write a step by step, preferably a shorter one than that which OP mentioned.

It's fair to say contacts is a mess right now. The worst is it should remember what I deleted last and quit trying to re-download a phone number. I have contacts that haven't updated their Facebook number and it insists on downloading their number from Facebook. Furthermore, their useless emails which also may not exist. And if it is a linked contact? Well you need to unlink and delete it manually (2 step process).

It also took forever to clear it up, furthermore, with link you cant even just backup contacts has to be the massive App Data file.

I do hope they improve it, and also make it more accessible for example when I search a contact and click their name it should automatically open the contact page not a temporary screen then on the bottom an open in contacts app button..redundancy much.

All nagging aside I still do prefer this phone although I'll wait till the OS matures before I make my final judgement.
    08-26-13 09:42 PM

Fix the problems BlackBerry. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that it is a grand idea to have a "select account to add contact to" prompt when adding a contact. Nor does it take a genius to figure out that contacts should be priority #1 right now.
    I agree very much with what you said mate. It is really frustrating with all these contacts madness stupidly autolinking everything, seriously damaging the usability of BB10 phone as a business tool and main device. And worse is no one seems to care about it at BlackBerry, not even a respond from them either in twitter, facebook, their support forums. Checking the latest 10.2 leak, the problem is still there too. I start to think if Thorstein Heins himself use BB10 or not. Michael Clewley obviously is Clueless about this as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 07:14 PM
    The duplication and inability to select a specific account when adding a new contact is really my only issue with the contacts app. And there's an east-enough work around. I just add a new contact in my mail app or Web client and it's on my Z10 in minutes. Not optimal, sure, but not that big of a deal either.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 11:37 PM