Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Active Frames page when there's no active frames?

What does the Active Frames page look like when there's no Active Frames?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts

Default Re: Active Frames page when there's no active frames?

I guess it's just empty with a wallpaper on it,for those who prefer a clean desktop. But I don't have an Alpha device to make a screenshot.

The page actually just disappears once the last active frame is closed. Normally when you swipe left from your app icons screen you'll see any open active frames, then if you swipe left again it goes to the message hub. If there are no active frames swiping from the app icons screen goes directly to the message hub.
    Wallpaper Changer HD for BB10 A MUST HAVE APP - Automatically rotates your wallpaper - Now with battery % meter, weather and more!

Evolution Web Browser with Ad Block - The ultra fast web browser with gestures and full screen browsing
    Ultimate ScreenSaver - Includes weather, rss news, clock and more! Many scenes including Aquarium and Fireplace or use your own pictures

Visit: http://www.shao-soft.com
    Thanked by:
    Qaxl (11-09-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Shao128 View Post
    The page actually just disappears once the last active frame is closed. Normally when you swipe left from your app icons screen you'll see any open active frames, then if you swipe left again it goes to the message hub. If there are no active frames swiping from the app icons screen goes directly to the message hub.
    so you actually won't have a real wallpaper?
    you'll only see fractions of it when you have active frames open, and when they're closed the page/wallpaper disappears?

of course active frames are way more useful than a simple wallpaper, but still..i'd still love to customize my BB 10 device a little, meaning having the ability to see my whole wallpaper if i want to
    can you have and see your own chosen wallpaper in full size when in lock-screen?

i love the whole idea behind bb 10, multitasking peak hub flow - everything, and im really excited for it, but i fear the homescreen might not be that "attractive", only useful
    we'll see.. hopefully something will be implemented (at a later date) which gives you some more customization options
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

You can have a wallpaper it stays the same behind the icons, the active frames and the lock screen, no one said that you can pick a wallpaper.

Think of BBOS 6 and 7 similar to the panes where the background stays when the panes move.
    Quote Originally Posted by G-bone View Post
    BlackBerry : We invented the Smartphone Business.
    We're takin' it Back!

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so hopefully this will answer some of your questions, if there's still something your curious about let me know.

So you can have multiple pages with your app icons, this is what it looks like with all icon spots used:

What a page would look like with just 1 icon:

What it looks like with 1 active frame open:

What the current lock screen looks like:
    Wallpaper Changer HD for BB10 A MUST HAVE APP - Automatically rotates your wallpaper - Now with battery % meter, weather and more!

Evolution Web Browser with Ad Block - The ultra fast web browser with gestures and full screen browsing
    Ultimate ScreenSaver - Includes weather, rss news, clock and more! Many scenes including Aquarium and Fireplace or use your own pictures

Thanked by 2:
    ctuffy (11-11-2012),  Seijuro (11-09-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Thank you so much, Shao!!!
    that answers all my questions ! : )

1 thing im still curious about though is this:

can i have a different wallpapers? i mean.. homescreen wallpaper and 1 different wallpaper for the lockscreen? or will those always be the same?
    im just wondering because (and this might sound a little weird): i will probably have active frames open all the time, with 4 active frames you only see fractions of your wallpaper - therefore some pictures with too much detail in them might not exactly make a good wallpaper
    on the lockscreen though, you can see everything at all times, so i was wondering if your lockscreen-wallpaper can be different from your homescreen wallpaper?

Quote Originally Posted by Seijuro View Post
    can i have a different wallpapers? i mean.. homescreen wallpaper and 1 different wallpaper for the lockscreen? or will those always be the same?
    Unfortunately as it stands now with the current Dev Alpha OS they are the same. I'm hoping that changes before release.

Thanked by:
    Seijuro (11-09-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

ok, thanks!
    let's hope that'll change : )

super excited for BB 10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Shao128 View Post
    They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so hopefully this will answer some of your questions, if there's still something your curious about let me know.

So you can have multiple pages with your app icons, this is what it looks like with all icon spots used:
    http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/q...G_00000022.png

What a page would look like with just 1 icon:
    http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/q...G_00000020.png

What it looks like with 1 active frame open:
    http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/q...G_00000018.png

What the current lock screen looks like:
    http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/q...G_00000021.png
    Thank you so much! One question though, is that the official Windows Live Messenger BB10 application or Android? There are rumors that Skype will be replacing WLM in early 2012 which, is about the same time that BlackBerry 10 will launch. Does that mean Skype could come to BB10 if it's not already there and, replace the app? I really could care less but, I'm wondering how that will play out since RIM develops the WLM, Google Talk, and Yahoo! Messenger apps..... RIM can't afford to lose WLM since AOL dropped their AIM app from the BlackBerry (java) platform...
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Active Frames page when there's no active frames?

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianNap View Post
    What does the Active Frames page look like when there's no Active Frames?
    No active frame page if you run no application. Active frames only shows when you run application. If you don't run application, then you just find menu pages contains of apps that installed at your BB10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9020 using Tapatalk
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts

Wondering if RIM should have the Page permanently there, even when no apps are open, so that the OS seems consistent.
    in case of no open apps, maybe have an empty active frame that says "Click Here To Launch an Application" and that opens up a list of all apps
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FBF354

I'm surprised to see BB 10 still unable to show the actual Icon for web shortcuts as opposed to just a web preview inside of it.

Android, iOS, and even BB7 show the actual Web icon.