View Poll Results: Active Frames - Do you use them?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

29 63.04%
  • No

17 36.96%
    I like that frequently used access idea. Also, you can use the page bar at the bottom to instantly jump to a particular page, or slide across it to quickly flip page by page. I don't thumb through my Z10 page by page.
    Thanks, I did know about sliding through the pages, but I don't know why I just don't use it. Maybe I can't remember what page the app I'm looking for is in, I probably should organise my apps and customise it to my usage but it's too much work lol

Same with why I keep closing frames and then realising I needed that (the X to close is just too convenient lol, used to other OS where I would long press to get the X to close, think this was on my Nokia n8).

I love bb10 it does keep me moving, it's just the way I use it kind of makes me move round in circles lol. Really quickly though!

The hub is the best feature. I would prefer it though if I've left the hub for quite a while it should default back to the all messages view rather than being stuck on where I left it, say after 15mins it should exit an email and go back to the main view? That way I don't have to do a few extra swipes to get where I wanna be. Asking for too much? Lol.

I'm keen to try out jolla sailfish when it's released for the nexus devices as a port. But by then bb10 will hopefully be very polished or ill just be too used to it to change! Definitely can't move to a non-gesture based OS though eg. stock android or ios.

Posted via CB10
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    02-24-14 02:06 PM
    I guess you are asking if folks keep apps opened when not in use.

I usually do NOT. However for example when traveling I will leave maps opened for example. Or when navigating in a city like NYC. I might have Google maps always opened in a browser tab.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    02-24-14 02:17 PM
    Although it's great for multitasking, I don't actually use it to check info from an app..but it's always nice to have.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 02:37 PM
    Nope. And I preferred the multi-tasking on the Playbook to bb10. But I don't have too much passion about the topic either way.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30)
    I use them, only because they are there when the apps are left open, but I would prefer the PlayBook style where I can just leave an app full screen and flick between them.

Since the screen powers off, the active frames are not really that useful.
    02-24-14 02:43 PM
    What I'd like to see are Sailfish OS active frame actions. It's another level! And very easy to use and pretty powerful.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 03:08 PM
    No! I would if the Z in landscape behaved the same as the PlayBook though!
    02-24-14 03:38 PM
    I would prefer a list of apps open, not tiles. But overall it's not a big deal. I do prefer BBOS though and having a recently used screen. What's messed up is I leave bbm open in a conversation and it shows me a picture in the active frame of someone else.

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    02-24-14 06:41 PM
    Sometimes.

I usually try to keep all of them closed, probably being whipped from my apple/android days.
    02-24-14 07:01 PM
58 123