Picked up my BlackBerry Dev Alpha B literally two minutes ago and this is what I saw on the home screen....

Talk about an Active Frame fail... hate seeing something like that on my phone! Just a reminder to RIM that they need to hustle, hustle, hustle. Every day they're not on the market with BlackBerry 10 they'll continue to bleed customers (yes, I know their net is still growing, but there's a lot of churn in there too... especially in North America).

I still believe in BlackBerry of course... but just want them to HURRY. 2013 can't get here quick enough!
    10-25-12 06:58 PM
    Picked up my BlackBerry Dev Alpha B literally two minutes ago and this is what I saw on the home screen....
    Ya, I noticed that too..... battery sure does drain quickly.

But really, that's pretty funny.
    10-25-12 07:12 PM
    Man i totally agree. Me and my wife are good until launch and upgrade ready but scraps on CB about BB10 are not cutting it any more! I've turned in to a smart phone jockey. OP you've got some phone numbers, makes some calls. ;-)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    10-25-12 07:16 PM
    It'll be ready when it's ready. They'll be back. I'd rather have it perfect than tomorrow.
    christenmartin likes this.
    10-25-12 09:45 PM
    Well this just shows how well active frames impact the user....they are gonna be sweet yeah baby yeah.

"its like baby, baby, baby oh.....like baby, baby,baby oh!"----the beebs
    10-25-12 11:57 PM
    Kevin even though it sucks to lose another BBM contact, that BBM Active Frame is bad a$$! RIM does need to hurry up because majority of those people that are lost are going to be gone for a 2 to 3 year contract period, and get sucked in to App dependency and ecosystems.
    10-26-12 01:28 PM
    Kevin where did the background come from? To me it looks like its a photo from the PlayBook or 9900 or something cause it has that red tint in the center. I was hoping that BB10 wouldn't have these problems. The fact that the DevAlpha B has this is very disappointing. What is going on with that red?
    10-26-12 06:41 PM
    Is there any setting for changing how active frames behave? collectively or individually ?
    What if i don't want my BBM messages to be viewable on the homescreen ?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-28-12 05:27 AM
    We can all pretty much assume RIM will bleed customers and that 80 million will drop back down to 78 million in Q4 because there is just so much temptation out there. The L-Series had better be what touch screen phone users are looking for and the N-Series had better live up to PKB addicts expectations
    10-28-12 06:34 AM
    Excalty,I know individuals personal they are holding to a thread with their Blackberries ,now hearing BB10 might not be released in Jan they often speak about moving on a another platform if BB10 falls late on release date...
    10-29-12 12:26 AM