I think blackberry should implement the ability to reorder active frames. For example, I like to keep some apps open for quick access (the score, cb10) but the score doesn't have an active frame and once I've read the headlines for cb10 I don't need to see them all the time.

I like to keep calendar, corky notes, weather, and blaq as the top 4 on my home screen, but it's frustrating opening and swiping out of the apps in a certain order to keep my favored ones at the top.

What do you guys think?

Turned Zeke day one; Channel Pin C0001A853
    gyubok likes this.
    08-11-13 01:10 PM
    I think many people want this but you cant yet. I think BB will allow for some control to prioritize the frames at some point
    08-11-13 01:12 PM
    Also I sometimes get bored and don't want my active frame on the left, so I try moving it. I was actually thinking of creating a thread like this but you beat me to it!

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 01:19 PM
    I would like to see the ability to swipe up to close an active frame

Currently you have to hit the X bottom right of the active frame to close it

Posted via CB10. BlackBerry Z10
    08-11-13 01:44 PM

Sounds good but currently I don't have a problem with the X

Posted via CB10
    ATMJOE and Jamez Avila like this.
    08-11-13 02:12 PM
    Sounds good but currently I don't have a problem with the X

Posted via CB10
    I don't have a problem with it either

It's was just a suggestion to keep with the flow of swiping, that BlackBerry 10 os is so loved for.

If your in the BlackBerry App World and you are looking at app and the app shows you screen shots of what it looks like.

Once you have viewed the screen shot and touch it again to close it, it closes by flying up

Just thought this would be a cool idea for closing active frames, by swiping up

08-11-13 02:37 PM

But then how would you get to the 2nd page of active frames?
    08-11-13 03:02 PM
    But then how would you get to the 2nd page of active frames?
    Two fingers on the screen and push up

Or

If you hold and active frame and pushup without flicking it, it would move to the next page

Last edited by ATMJOE; 08-11-13 at 03:25 PM.
    08-11-13 03:13 PM
    Sorry but two finger swiping just to get to the next page of open apps just destroys any consistent flow they are trying to do. Even the two finger swipe to pull up or minimize keyboard isn't effect which is why they implemented the long hold minimize.

I do like your thinking though as I love the swipe to close feature on the PlayBook. I think on BB10 BlackBerry could do like when minimizing if you swipe a bit it minimizes but if you go the entire length of the screen it will close the application directly without putting it into an active frame.

Also with active frames BlackBerry has been listening to users with many other feature requests so let's hope they implement more features for active frames.

I really hope they allow you to long press the active frame and it brings pop-up options (similar to the updates copy/patse feature on 10.2). But the pop up will allow you to move active frame around, and pin to spot. Also making active frames interactive is a major request feature! Having music playing requires active frame to be open, BlackBerry can include the play/pause button, with a skip back and forward buttons all right in the active frame so you can easily navigate music on the fly without opening app!

Posted via CB10
    ATMJOE likes this.
    08-11-13 04:14 PM
    I like your thinking with actionable active frames, although generally with music I just use the soft keys on the side of my device. Still it could work for many other applications

Turned Zeke day one; Channel Pin C0001A853
    08-11-13 06:17 PM