I've actually run into the 9th app scenario a few times now and thought about how I would handle the situation if I were Blackberry.

What I would like to see happen is instead of closing the last used app I would like an optional warning popup that informs you that you are about to close app X and would you like to continue. Yes it wouldnt be quite as smooth and seamless as what we have now but as someone who leaves a few open for several reasons I get to the 8 app limit fairly quickly and this would save me time, I've lost half written posts, web pages, BeBuzz has closed, game progress, etc. and a warning would just help prevent this a little bit.

Also this will alleviating to a degree once headless apps are permitted. I will also note that I do make use of the 2nd page of open apps
    04-15-13 12:06 AM
    BlackBerry allows 3rd party apps to specify they want an exit confirmation dialog. You will see this on apps like BeBuzz where it asks if you really want to exit.

It would already be helpful if the OS would avoid killing an app if it has this exit confirmation dialog set.

For losing half written posts, web pages etc., BlackBerry might have to better enforce developers to save state when an app exits. For example when you exit the Browser and then reopen it, it should have all the same tabs open and return to exactly the position you were when you left. I guess BlackBerry should first do this with their own apps before 3rd party developers will start doing it.

Android does strongly encourage doing this. Apps on android can get killed at any time just by switching away from them and therefore have to save state at any time.
    04-15-13 01:27 AM
    The close confirmation does not seem to work when it becomes the 9th application which is my issue.

Any chance that close confirmation can become optional. It was nice the fisrt few times its one of those dialogues that is useful when your adjusting the the piece of software but just becomes an extra step after a while.

Yeah I really havent lost anything of any import and for the most part keep ahead of the 9th app warning it just would be nice to have a warning when launching the 9th application.
    04-15-13 04:26 AM