Basically I already own a Q10 and wondering if I were to get a 9900 can I use the same SIM? Will I get access to email and web on the 9900 using the same SIM?

Posted via Q10 goodness!!
    07-30-13 05:43 AM
    That depending of you carrier.
    I do carry a Q10 as my main device as my old bold 9900 as a secondary device exclusively for data usage (THK Live poker game for exemple).
    My plan does include a free "mulit-SIM" option to use with playbooks for exemple...

Basically I already own a Q10 and wondering if I were to get a 9900 can I use the same SIM? Will I get access to email and web on the 9900 using the same SIM?

07-30-13 05:48 AM
    Wouldn't I need BIS or whatever? Is a data connection enough?

07-30-13 05:56 AM
    You will need BIS on your SIM, which should not affect its use in the Q10. When you put the SIM in the 9900, you will have BIS data. You may have some problems with BBM and email if you try to switch phones often, as the 9900 will try to fetch the email and it may not show up on the Q10. With BBM, it will switch your BBM to the 9900 and you will not get any on the Q10 until you switch it back.
    07-30-13 08:22 AM
    Yeah you may need to get BIS (my plan had that since it's for my bold initially).
    And for Blackberry ID, no problem, you can log in with your account on the 2 phones, and decide to have your mails up just on one of them if you want...
    I really advise you to see with your carrier what is avaliable for you...

Wouldn't I need BIS or whatever? Is a data connection enough?

07-30-13 09:17 AM
    Ok thanks for confirming. My biggest question was for BIS really. Will speak to them and see what they say.

07-30-13 11:02 AM
    Similar problem or situation . I took my 9900 SIM and it did not work at in the Q10 . I am on a BIS data plan and this setup does not seem to work for the Q10 . Phone calls only - not text , no data , no BBM.
    This is part of the trouble Blackberry is in at the moment . No proper information out there. We are loyal customers but this sucks . The Optus shops looks like kindergartens nowadays with pimply teenagers being smart asses . Nobody knows anything about BB . I have been there 3 times and I am still using my 9900 and all they did is gave me 2 new SIM's !!
    10-15-13 09:22 PM
    Similar problem or situation . I took my 9900 SIM and it did not work at in the Q10 . I am on a BIS data plan and this setup does not seem to work for the Q10 . Phone calls only - not text , no data , no BBM.
    This is part of the trouble Blackberry is in at the moment . No proper information out there. We are loyal customers but this sucks . The Optus shops looks like kindergartens nowadays with pimply teenagers being smart asses . Nobody knows anything about BB . I have been there 3 times and I am still using my 9900 and all they did is gave me 2 new SIM's !!
    Well OS10 do not need and don't use BIS any longer. You (Your Device) is using the Standard Data Plan. If it's an Device connected through BES: Not 100 Percent sure about this. But I know some one else can answer this.

For Your SIM: If it's an very old SIM, it is possible that it is incompatible because of wrong Voltage or old Chip type. Your Carrier is the one You should talk to.

Besides that: Not every SIM can be cutted to a MicroSIM - especially those with bigger Chips which have partially or on all sides rounded edges. If You cut those manually or with a cutter, there is a big chance they will be destroyed. Those older Variants are often simply too big to be a MicroSIM in 9 of 10 Cases.

EDIT: Wait I have the Z10 but you are talking about the Q10. Does the Q10 have MiniSIM or MicroSIM?

Good Luck

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 01:53 AM
    I cut my sim in the 9900 and swap it into my Z10. I get everything except my BES email on my Z10.

Fired from my Z10
    10-16-13 02:40 AM