I've been running .1925 since a few days after release. Sometime in the last 2-3 weeks, something changed to the point where my phone reboots itself in the middle of doing something, and then fails to ever completely boot to Home screen again (until reloaded with autoloader).

The blue BlackBerry logo that appears during boot is on the screen. I can press on it and see either 99% or 100%. I can hear it as if it receives emails. It does not ring for phone calls.

It hasn't happened doing the same thing from what I can recall. When it happened today, I was listening to music over blue tooth. I think I was navigating through Settings when it stopped responding, went black screen, and then the white blackberry logo appeared to indicate it was booting up. I did notice that my phone was much warmer than usual earlier in the day.

When it happened two days ago, I had disconnected it from the computer (where it charged overnight), saw that I missed a call and went to navigate to the hub. Just as I could see the phone number that called, it rebooted and never came back up. I think I noticed the previous day, that the phone might have been saying my contacts were still being indexed, which was days after the last restore, so that seemed strange.

I forget the specifics on the first two times this happened, but I don't recall heavy usage at the time. The first couple of times, I thought it was caused by recent headless apps (Watcher and SayIt). I removed them after the 2nd crash and did not reinstall. However, today I did some updates in App World, and I think some of those permissions said they were going headless (wallpaper changer and one or two more). I do not think the previous versions were headless.

I'm really concerned that the phone is able to get borked in such a way. If an installed app is causing it, it shouldn't be able to prevent the phone from booting to home screen. If it is .1925, then that is not good if its a release candidate!

I always do a restore from backup after installing leaks, so there is some possibility of badness caused by that. But given its halting before Home screen, and that there are more and more headless apps being released, I'm leaning towards badness in headless, either in the app, or in my phone settings. And its never happened in any previous build for me.

Anyone else have such problems?
    01-23-14 08:51 PM
    Def. not typical, though you should consider loading an official build and see how that works for you with all your apps. That will help determine whether it's .1925, some apps or just your device going bad.
    01-23-14 10:59 PM
    Try installing BBVE from BlackBerry World and run ALL tests...then if your handset passes all of the tests try reloading leak but NO restore. Let phone settle for 24 hours. Try using it that way before restoring. Personally I stopped restoring any old data and have had better luck. (I have 3 Z10's here for 3 of us that I maintain. 2 of them run leaks, one the stock os.) I only restore the data if I am doing it on identical os's... (10.2.1.1925 restore from 10.2.1.1925 backup for example.) I will not restore a backup from an earlier os number. It has caused issues such as the ones you described.

Trusted Member Genius
    01-24-14 03:07 AM