I keep getting this "Please stand by as we initiate your Blackberry service. This could take up to 5 mins" message occasionally, maybe once every couple days.

And no I do not ever turn off my phone.

Any idea why I am getting the message? It is not a huge deal, but I still want to get rid of the message.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    03-26-14 02:52 PM
    Has your phone been activated by your carrier properly? Which OS are you on? I would call the carrier.
    03-26-14 04:08 PM
    This is also happening to my Z10 as well. I'm using 10.2.1.2141 Which should be the OTA version Rogers pushed out.

I'm with Rogers and I have already spoken with their "technical" support line. Each time I called I got different answers and possible solutions that they attempt which ends up failing

The first guy I talked to was honest enough to tell me he couldn't find a solution through Google and has no idea what is causing the problem. Said he would push a refresh on my phone to their system to see if that fixes it.

The second person I talked to said it has something to do with the phone trying to connect to Blackberry services when it is not suppose to and that is the message it automatically generates.

The third person i talked to was actually this morning. The lady on the phone said it was Blackberry that was sending the messages and it was not originating from Rogers. But when I brought up the fact that every single time I receive the text notification, Rogers also sends me an email confirmation about changes made to my account. Each confirmation showed what was changed, which was "unblock mobile internet" which is weird since I have a 6GB data plan that includes tethering. Why would they need to unblock it and block it again after each night... She told me to try a wipe of the OS and try again, which is what I'm about to try. I'll report back after a couple of days if I still receive the issue.

But carrier tech support doesn't seem to help much
    03-26-14 05:16 PM
    Yup I'm with Rogers as well. And with the same OS as you except I'm on a Q10.

I have not tried resetting myself, but that is an option for future if this issue ever becomes worse.

As for the email, I don't receive the emails that you are describing and it is just text messages for me.

But yeah, let us know after you try a reset.

03-26-14 06:11 PM
    I did a security wipe on my phone and restored it. It's been about 3 days and I haven't gotten the message about blackberry so I guess that resolved the issue.

Still kind of weird how it just randomly started happening.

Posted via CB10 on z10
    03-29-14 07:27 PM
    Yeah, I haven't received the message as well for three days as well and I haven't reset my phone.

I'm thinking that it might not have to do with your phone itself but it has to do with Rogers or BlackBerry?

03-29-14 08:30 PM
    I would recommend checking with the carrier to make sure that you're not on a BlackBerry plan. They need to check the APN on your account. BlackBerry 10 devices aren't supposed to be on a BlackBerry plan.

Post via BlackBerry ZedAche 10.2.1.2102 (2141)
    03-30-14 12:28 AM