- CrackBerry Abuser
12-13-12, 09:11 AM #52
- 456 Posts
For me the one app I've wanted since day one is SONOS. And the good news is that it will soon be available. I'm already testing a beta. Whatever is working on that beta works g r e a t and a few more revs and a final version will be reaady to rock and roll . It's fantastic to see developers buy into this platform and BB in general. Check out tiggit controller for PLAYBOOK when it comes out.
- CrackBerry Genius
12-13-12, 11:06 AM #55------------------------
- 1,532 Posts
- * Some feedback for improving BBM: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...m-team-983172/
- * Some ideas for future devices: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ncepts-980043/
- 12-13-12, 12:28 PM #56
I absolutely need access to Google Apps and am worried that they have apparently switched some off platform to a paid tier. I had to buy a Galaxy Note because I didn't get Skype or MLB/NHL video on either my phone or my PlayBook so add those 2. Finally as there is currently no native messaging apps for the PlayBook I would like to see that fixed in BB10 but I have seen evidence that's already done, but as I have learned from PlayBook I will believe it when it there to be used on a phone.
- 12-13-12, 08:47 PM #57
Re: 3 Apps that might effect your decision on BB10?
Navigation that I don't have to pay a high fee for
Robust media players
Full featured file management as well as access to drop box and wireless file transfer between devices
My standards for what constitutes deal breakers are higher than only choosing 3 apps, so I could go onCarrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
- 12-13-12, 08:55 PM #58
There is no app at all that will sway my decision one way or the other...personally I'm not getting the phone for the apps, I'm getting it for the productivity potential that I see in the OS.#itsjustaphone
My band Fuse Box (powered by BlackBerry)
- 12-13-12, 09:57 PM #59
Two things that I need from BB10 are:
1. The ability to print directly from my cell phone. iOS and Android can print directly to Samsung printers, HP printers etc.
2. Developers to stop thinking that iOS and Android are the standard in which to develop for. BlackBerry and W8 are always after thoughts or never thoughts (e.g. banking apps, religious apps etc).
For now, I have to run two phones and swap the SIM between the two (Nexus 4 and BB). But as soon as BB has what I need I'll be 100% back.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- 12-14-12, 03:47 AM #60
Re: 3 Apps that might effect your decision on BB10?
If my main focus for being productive and my lifestyle revolved mostly around email, SMS, voice, social networking apps etc bb10 with it's Hub would seal the deal for sure but my needs, and of course I speak for myself here, go beyond that into certain apps that may not be available to me for what I call productivity.Carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
- 12-14-12, 08:14 AM #63
Nice post, my list is a bit UK centric:
1. BBC iPlayer (or the website must work at least)
2. Sky Go (another UK TV service)
3. ESPN/NBA League Pass
Actually Spotify MUST be there too, must must (as it's already on BB hopefully this won't be a problem). I'm also assuming (hopefully correctly) that current BB apps like BeWeather, TuneIn Radio and Endomondo will all be there too, so am just focusing on new apps. I REALLY hope PodTrapper is made available for BB10 too (just buy it please RIM).
- 12-16-12, 09:37 AM #67
A phone's main purpose is a phone for me (and email/txt). But, I do like not having to carry multiple devices around with me so there are some apps I really like to have on my phone. I use the following daily while at work and while commuting:
- Google Maps
- Pulse Newsreader
I dislike seeing the tone in some of these threads that wanting your phone to serve multiple functions makes you less technically inclined or less intelligent. Or wanting the functionality is silly when deciding on a phone. There is no reason a phone can't be a good phone AND have these apps. I really hope that is what BB10 offers.
- 12-16-12, 11:12 AM #68
Netflix: Offer Support for RIM Blackberry Devices
Hulu: Allow a Hulu Plus app for BlackBerry Playbook and BB10
and. . .
Pandora®: Bring App Support to the Blackberry 10 Platform:
. . .Visit this thread if your interested in contacting other devs . . .Want your favorite apps to Be on Blackberry 10? Let 'em know!!!!VOTE UP THE Z10!!!!!
- Smartphone Rankings | PhoneDog
- Vote for the BlackBerry Z10 for Phone of the Year in the T3 Gadget Awards 2013
- Want your favorite apps to Be on Blackberry 10? Let 'em know!!!!
~*Jack of all trades can still be a master of some (. . .Hopefully)*~
- CrackBerry Addict
12-16-12, 01:15 PM #70
- 621 Posts
The most important apps are the ones you don't have to download from BlackBerry World. The apps that come pre-installed on the BlackBerry 10 OS are the most important.
Calendar, BBM, BlackBerry Hub, Notes, Phone, Contacts, Camera & Media Management.
This entire thread is whack.
- 12-17-12, 10:08 AM #71
T-Mo wi-fi calling
I'm on T-Mo where BB is legendary for having the best version of T-Mo's wifi calling, UMA. You cannot get this service on the other three big carriers in the US. For those who don't know, it allows a caller to use wifi to connect to T-Mo's cell network. Which means, no matter where you are in the world, not only are your calls all local (free, don't even come off minutes), but you can use your own cell number. Also if, like me, you live in an area where cell service stinks, it doesn't matter so long as you have wifi. BB 10 continuing this service or not might be a deal-breaker for me.
Sorry, don't have three. I'm anti-social, so social media is optional.
- CrackBerry User
12-18-12, 02:34 AM #75
- 53 Posts
1. Yahoo Voice , Msn Voice, Gtalk Voice Calls
2. Skype, Whatsapp , Viber (ability to make voice calls)
3. Google Maps ( Very very very very important) - i travel a lot , cant live w/o this9900 + .
746(Rogers).794(China Unicom) + .714(fat sfi) + BlReturnsV3+ RC10
- By kwitel in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 14Last Post: 08-17-09, 01:37 AM
- By kwitel in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 14Last Post: 08-17-09, 01:37 AM
- By tboooe in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-25-09, 09:54 AM
- By jeffw_00 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 6Last Post: 01-21-09, 08:56 AM
- By ANewUser in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 11Last Post: 08-24-08, 08:18 PM