3 versions of angry birds that's really pushing it how about contact x or pim backup

Posted via CB10
    Agree. Enough angry birds already.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 04:28 PM
    Above seems to think they understand business (and logical arguments). I recommend you start a consulting company immediately.

Posted via CB10
    I'd actually say that you do not have any logic backing you up in asking for business apps. You give away apps that any people who will actually use them would have bought long before the promotion has even started whoopy doopy doo.

You are akin to lazy students crying out when their school don't give them the necessary books to study after 1 year of study for free. The actual students who would actually read and study the book would have gotten the books, either borrowing or buying them, from the very beginning.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    12-20-13 01:45 AM
    The question is not what apps I would pay for the point here is that that there is now need to release 3 of the same game might as well give temple run 1 and then temple run 2

The idea is to use the 25 days and show off the wider variety of applications you have

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 01:55 PM
    It totally depends on what developers are getting on board for this, too. Perhaps not every developer was interested in this promotion.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    12-24-13 04:52 AM
    Since I started this thread weeks ago, I figured I would close it out too. This thread took some interesting turns since my first post. Some common arguments put forward:

1. Maybe BB approached non-games developers, all of whom refused to participate : I doubt it, but I don't know. Hard to believe though.
    2. Business users should buy all the apps they need and right it off on their taxes/expense accounts. : I'm guessing you don't run a business, but expensing/writing off apps don't make them free to the business. The business is still paying for them!
    3. Buy all the apps you want! : You are assuming we haven't bought apps? But when our company pays premium dollars for business phones, we expect premium business functionality built in. Losing functionality since OS7 was a tough one to swallow. Facing a lack of business apps available on IOS/Android is tougher. But then having RIM step in and say good news, we have a free Spiderman and Angry Birds for you....well that just kicks us business buyers when we're down.
    4. It's free, it's a gift, you don't have a right to complain! : As someone pointed out above, RIM isn't giving these away to make the world a better place; it's trying to attract new buyers or retain those it already has (like most promotions). So are the game players really the ones RIM thinks it needs to hold onto/attract? Doesn't that contradict the stated strategy?
    5. Meme's and name calling: This seems to be the standard response for the fanboys...since they really can't defend RIM's giveway. (If you can't attack the point, attack the OP instead). So 1/3 of the posts are just personal attacks. Comments like 'ooo the OP must be mad now'...seems childish (but then again maybe that's the kind of person the 25 days of games is targeting). Or 'mods close the thread'...seem foolish (and counterpurpose)

With over 7000 views on this thread, there are undoubtedly a lot of us BB users wondering if RIM understands us. Here's a thought for RIM:
    1. Identify the 10 most popular business apps.
    2. Buy the apps from the developers for a great price (reward them for their efforts)
    3. Include them with BB10 devices in 10.3.x ! (Don't assume business users are going to the app store every day looking for a free app).
    Last edited by ocgltd; 01-09-14 at 03:26 PM.
    oystersourced likes this.
    01-09-14 02:52 PM
    You seriously had to bring this up again?

I for one enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to next set of perks BlackBerry provides (hopefully!).
    01-09-14 03:01 PM
    What a silly guy. You had one or two crazies in agreement with this thread, but most people on this site were frankly disgusted and embarrassed to be associated by proxy.

When this thread is locked, throw away the key.
    01-09-14 05:01 PM
    What's wrong with his closing post? It was thoughtful and a good ending.

It was frustrating and silly when people would get mad over the what was offered as free but hey, there will always be people like that.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-09-14 05:55 PM
    Good summary and an interesting suggestion (which probably won't work out but we never know).

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 06:00 PM
    I thought it was a good mix of apps and appreciated the giveaway. My wife on her iPhone was jealous.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 06:31 PM
    Since I started this thread weeks ago, I figured I would close it out too. This thread took some interesting turns since my first post. Some common arguments put forward:

1. Maybe BB approached non-games developers, all of whom refused to participate : I doubt it, but I don't know. Hard to believe though.
    2. Business users should buy all the apps they need and right it off on their taxes/expense accounts. : I'm guessing you don't run a business, but expensing/writing off apps don't make them free to the business. The business is still paying for them!
    3. Buy all the apps you want! : You are assuming we haven't bought apps? But when our company pays premium dollars for business phones, we expect premium business functionality built in. Losing functionality since OS7 was a tough one to swallow. Facing a lack of business apps available on IOS/Android is tougher. But then having RIM step in and say good news, we have a free Spiderman and Angry Birds for you....well that just kicks us business buyers when we're down.
    4. It's free, it's a gift, you don't have a right to complain! : As someone pointed out above, RIM isn't giving these away to make the world a better place; it's trying to attract new buyers or retain those it already has (like most promotions). So are the game players really the ones RIM thinks it needs to hold onto/attract? Doesn't that contradict the stated strategy?
    5. Meme's and name calling: This seems to be the standard response for the fanboys...since they really can't defend RIM's giveway. (If you can't attack the point, attack the OP instead). So 1/3 of the posts are just personal attacks. Comments like 'ooo the OP must be mad now'...seems childish (but then again maybe that's the kind of person the 25 days of games is targeting). Or 'mods close the thread'...seem foolish (and counterpurpose)

With over 7000 views on this thread, there are undoubtedly a lot of us BB users wondering if RIM understands us. Here's a thought for RIM:
    1. Identify the 10 most popular business apps.
    2. Buy the apps from the developers for a great price (reward them for their efforts)
    3. Include them with BB10 devices in 10.3.x ! (Don't assume business users are going to the app store every day looking for a free app).
    Ok, so lets say we agree with your premise that BlackBerry needs to focus on enterprise users and that enterprise users only ever use 'business apps' then what would you consider to be the important business apps? I can bet that what you think is a must have business app and what others think are must have business apps are going to be different.

The promotion is about trying to do something nice for the users while giving devs an opportunity to shine and promote themselves. If you don't like what's on offer than you are more than welcome to pop out your sim, connect via wifi through your VPN to whatever region may have an offering more to your liking or accept the offering for what it was and move on.

p.s. I think you'll find there are a lot of business types that like to play games and a good number of non business types who like business type apps as well..
    01-10-14 10:01 AM
211 ... 789