Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,091 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 20 points? Anybody know what that means?

Seems I got my behind spanked today , yet I have no idea what this "20 points" is all about. Anybody?

ie. xxxxxx

Dear TomJasper,

You have received an infraction at BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com.

Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)
    -------
    knock of the personal attacks
    -------

This infraction is worth 20 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire
    Thanked by:
    Blackberrychen (12-25-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

it was probably deleted
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,573 Global Posts

I'm guessing once you reach 20 points, you're banned.

Don't be afraid to THANK or LIKE

BBM: 7A03E5E9

What is the ultimate BlackBerry? The ultimate BlackBerry would be a device with the screen size of the Z10 along with the physical keyboard of the Q10 and the battery life of the Z30. This, would be the ultimate BlackBerry. Why they haven't built it yet remains one of the greatest mystery of BlackBerry.

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,091 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

GTiLeo,
    Yes the post was deleted, it was actually funny in a monty python way, diff strokes for diff folks I suppose,lol. I don't get what the 20 points thang is all about, i don't get dessert?? What??

BTW even the informative discussions I was having with you went POOF as far as I can see, I was looking forward to flushing out/learning more about QNX micro kernel vs monolithic kernel.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTiLeo View Post
    it was probably deleted
    Last edited by TomJasper; 12-22-2012 at 06:39 PM.
    CrackBerry Master

Do not call anyone an isheep. You will get slapped. Lame!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,091 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Seriously,lol. BTW, you are not "sparky" from way back on SI and SH are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyBC View Post
    Do not call anyone an isheep. You will get slapped. Lame!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,014 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TomJasper View Post
    Seems I got my behind spanked today , yet I have no idea what this "20 points" is all about. Anybody?

Reading is fundamental.

Infraction System FAQ
    Thanked by 2:
    Bobcat665 (12-23-2012),  jerryeight (12-22-2012) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,091 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

I don't think I'm banned, this is the 1st infraction (what ever that means). What is the point system? Is it 20/100? 20/50? I had no idea we could earn points, what do we get when we save them up?

Quote Originally Posted by Plazmic Flame View Post
    I'm guessing once you reach 20 points, you're banned.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,091 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by SwitchBeach View Post
    Reading is fundamental.

Infraction System FAQ
    Reading is fundamental? I feel that was "insulting", 20 points against you and no dessert,lol.

Thanks for the link, I will read it with zest.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,091 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by SwitchBeach View Post
    Reading is fundamental.

Infraction System FAQ
    Ok I read the link, it is vague at best, no point system layout,no explanation of what a penalty actually implies ,it seems open ended or cursory at the same time. I'm devastated!
    SEAWARRIOR and Bobert_123 like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,573 Global Posts

I don't think I'm banned, this is the 1st infraction (what ever that means). What is the point system? Is it 20/100? 20/50? I had no idea we could earn points, what do we get when we save them up?
    Error on my part, I meant to say "100"...

Don't be afraid to THANK or LIKE

BBM: 7A03E5E9

What is the ultimate BlackBerry? The ultimate BlackBerry would be a device with the screen size of the Z10 along with the physical keyboard of the Q10 and the battery life of the Z30. This, would be the ultimate BlackBerry. Why they haven't built it yet remains one of the greatest mystery of BlackBerry.

Thanked by:
    TomJasper (12-22-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    873 Global Posts

Ok I read the link, it is vague at best, no point system layout,no explanation of what a penalty actually implies ,it seems open ended or cursory at the same time. I'm devastated!
    Anyways, it worked. This is a newer gentler you.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,091 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Ok perfect,thanks. So I have 80% life left, WOOT, no headache of re-registering,lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plazmic Flame View Post
    Error on my part, I meant to say "100"...
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,091 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by CairnsRock View Post
    Anyways, it worked. This is a newer gentler you.
    WTF is that supposed to mean,lol. Is this how indoctrination starts, it's so alien to how I'm wired. Somebody quick, hold my hand, I feel an inspiration coming on.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,415 Global Posts

Maybe they keep tally of all the people they ban and how many points they were given. That would be pretty interesting hehe. 20 points isn't very much you can do better
    If you get banned just create an account at N4BB.com like everybody else
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,656 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of phones: BB!

Do we get extra life/health if we "like" certain mod's posts that are seemingly anti RIM or anti BlackBerry fan enthusiasm?

Or maybe that's a way to bribe your way out of jail?
    It was recently pointed out to me that SugarSync was still in my signature, and no longer available for free. It was a nice (free) ride, SugarSync, but I'm seeing Box and Dropbox now, via BB10 integration.
    Thanked by:
    TomJasper (12-22-2012) 
    Toodeurep and Bobert_123 like this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,091 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

You Sir are an astute reader of character, those were my same thoughts when I first had some ON POSTS interactions with a certain gate keeper.It was like I had a shadow, creepy and ulterior motives. Keen eye,thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDRM View Post
    Do we get extra life/health if we "like" certain mod's posts that are seemingly anti RIM or anti BlackBerry fan enthusiasm?

Or maybe that's a way to bribe your way out of jail?
    DocDRM likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,091 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Lol, not trying to get banned, just want to be ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by dentynefire View Post
    Maybe they keep tally of all the people they ban and how many points they were given. That would be pretty interesting hehe. 20 points isn't very much you can do better
    If you get banned just create an account at N4BB.com like everybody else
    dentynefire likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

welcome to the club,,, yeah,,, they're pretty touchy here,,, regardless of how you meant it, (your statement/post), if any paticular mod, or above designation, interprets it other than how you meant it, too bad,,, explaining your position will probably result in nothing more than a barely cordial reply,,, & remember there are always ppl that like to get happy fingers (guilty 'cuz i said so) when given a bit of authority & they do tend to stick together,,, there seems to be a PC (nothing to do w/ computing) element to the infractions from what i can tell w/ a splash of hypocrisy from time to time, free speech notwithstanding,,, i wouldn't sweat it,,, i'm sure we've both been kicked out of better places than this,,, i'll probably get flagged for this,,, they can get touchy when criticized,,, so if i disappear, it wasn't the aliens,,, they were like that over @ blackberryforums,,, i personally didn't have any issues there, but saw that it was quite cliquey & the regulars were (insert derogative here) & now their membership & traffic are dead,,, some have shown up here which may explain why they're overly pro-active...
    "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"

I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes."

9850+PlayBook=WIN!!!
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,091 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWARRIOR View Post
    welcome to the club,,, yeah,,, they're pretty touchy here,,, regardless of how you meant it, (your statement/post), if any paticular mod, or above designation, interprets it other than how you meant it, too bad,,, explaining your position will probably result in nothing more than a barely cordial reply,,, & remember there are always ppl that like to get happy fingers (guilty 'cuz i said so) when given a bit of authority & they do tend to stick together,,, there seems to be a PC (nothing to do w/ computing) element to the infractions from what i can tell w/ a splash of hypocrisy from time to time, free speech notwithstanding,,, i wouldn't sweat it,,, i'm sure we've both been kicked out of better places than this,,, i'll probably get flagged for this,,, they can get touchy when criticized,,, so if i disappear, it wasn't the aliens,,, they were like that over @ blackberryforums,,, i personally didn't have any issues there, but saw that it was quite cliquey & the regulars were (insert derogative here) & now their membership & traffic are dead,,, some have shown up here which may explain why they're overly pro-active...
    Lol. I have only had one interaction with a gate keeper , who obviously has a diff opinion than me, so be it.

Spirited debate is a good thing, means one has a pulse but of course there are always those who NEED the gentle touch, lest they go tattle to mommy if they don't get the kid glove treatment, jeesh talk about a mind field to navigate. Perhaps a mood generator avatar needs to be affixed to those most prone to get offended, sure would save time,lol.

I understand the need for mods at times but those times should be reserved for a higher level of injustice, NOT when one gets called out on their words who prove to speak with fork tongue by virtue of their past post/s. Go figure, I have been told past posts are NOT fair game, talk about "gaming the system" for those who wish to play chameleon on a daily/weekly basis. I suppose this will give "professional" posters (laugh if you will but competitors have them here on Crackberry) more vigor to pursue their agenda, talk about not seeing the forest for the trees.

Oh well, not my website, do as you wish.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,267 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E

I got 20 points today too. I'm saving up for a toaster.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,091 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

Roflmao

I hope it was for calling out an obvious troll, that was my misdeed,gladly take my 20 points for that. Here is the kicker though, it now seems many others are onto that troll and are calling poster _____ out for having more than one account that said poster uses to push their agenda. In fact another poster put up a post alluding to it, guess what happened next .... the same mod who gave me 20 points "liked" that post,lol. Talk about being late to the game,lol.

Oh well, welcome to the 20 club,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinnugent View Post
    I got 20 points today too. I'm saving up for a toaster.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I got a point infraction once about half a year ago. I hope commenting on this thread doesn't cause any issues for my account or another infraction. Its nice that SwitchBeach posted a link that outlines what these infractions actually are. Although it does seem to be lacking with what exactly the different points thresholds are. I have no idea what a serious infraction would be points wise or what a minor infraction would be. Also SwitchBeach said reading is fundamental, but trust me, I looked long and hard to figure out what this infraction system was and could not for the life of my find it anywhere on the site, or through the search option.

I am not apt to get into confrontations on this site, but in my case someone was pushing a religious agenda and I found myself a little put off and insulted as a non-believer. The resulting infraction left me feeling as if I got it because the mod was not a fan of my position as an atheist. Without much of an explanation it sure felt that way at least.

This comment sure felt accurate to me, "there seems to be a PC (nothing to do w/ computing) element to the infractions from what i can tell..."

I don't want to stir up too much controversy but I hope personal beliefs and personal politics don't come into account when mods are making decisions on who to give infractions to.

Edit: I've enjoyed being a member/reader of this site for several years and a huge fan of BlackBerry. This was the first, and currently only time someone at CrackBerry with 'power' left me feeling unwelcome as a member of this site.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,598 Global Posts

That same mod censored me a few months ago, as if we're all children being punished. I think I called someone ******** or something, because the guy was being ********, so it was justified. That mod is like the nanny of crackberry, likes to have powertrips.
    S5
    Z10
    64gb PlayBook
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,689 Global Posts

OK... here's how I see it (not that anyone cares)...
    When I post here, I make sure that it is as if I were standing in the same room with all that could read the post. As if we were all together enjoying a party and consuming a beverage of choice. Face to face. Real time.
    Ask yourself if you would truly say the things you say to a persons' face. Are you building or destroying? Some of the things I see on other boards are simply sad. I have a lot of tolerance for different ideas and preferences. Those that wish to pee on people are just sad. There's lots of room for all of us. It is pathetic to be behind a keyboard and blast somebody. I have made statements that were proved to be incorrect. I apologized for my error publicly.
    I treat this fine establishment with revery. A place that was conceived and implemented with ideals not disimilar to mine. Please help make it better. It's OK to have an opinion, just remember you're at an awesome party.

Dave Matthews
    Some people like to build things
    Some people like to tear things down
    Be a builder, people will like you more.
    Thanked by:
    BigBadWulf (12-24-2012) 
    BigBadWulf and CairnsRock like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast