One over the other? If so, why? I know nothing about the subject but when telling someone about how to download apps I suggested 1 mobile and the person said I wouldn't trust it because of where it originates. Any truth to that? If I had an app downloaded using 1 mobile, like instagram for example but I started using amazon instead would deleted the instagram from 1 mobile and re downloading it from amazon be a different app?
    06-29-14 04:39 AM
    I personally wouldn't use either of those over Snap.

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.3.0.296
    RodolfoAP, pttptppt and non-vtec like this.
    06-29-14 05:16 AM
    I personally wouldn't mind you explaining why, considering it's quite clear I haven't a clue based on my questions...
    06-29-14 09:57 AM
    Well I haven't actually used the other two at all. I've been using Snap since day one because after all my time roaming around the forum, people say it's the most convenient, easiest to use, and gives the best native feel.

I can't compare as I don't know what the other two look like, but I'm thoroughly enjoying Snap, and I have no plans to try the others.

Also, I'm not sure about this one, but the Amazon App Store is limited to a lot of apps, while Snap has the full selection of Google Play.

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.3.0.296
    06-29-14 10:04 AM
    The main problem with 1Mobile is that the apps are not always published by the original developer of them, meaning that whoever uploaded to said store could very well modify the app and put some mali code in there.

Many paid apps are published for free in 1Mobile store.

If you can stick to Amazon or Snap.

I personally use snap with a dummy Google account solely created for that purpose.
    app_Developer likes this.
    06-29-14 10:21 AM
    Of those two options, I'd have to agree Amazon is the better choice. If nothing else it is a true moderated app store as opposed to just random APK files thrown out on the internet.

You may be able to find apps on 1Mobile, but why take the risk anymore than you would installing a pirate OS or other random software you find on the internet?

Snap is also a good choice, but since it does break Google Play Terms of Service, who knows how long it will be available. You also have the disadvantage of apps locked into needing Google Services, which you won't see on BlackBerry devices no matter what people on the forums keep saying or hoping for.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 11:15 AM
    Tried both, deleted 1 mobile because of the annoying number of unnecessary notifications (and security concerns). Currently using Snap and Amazon. Snap is quicker to load and faster in releasing updates to apps but otherwise not much to choose between them. Both easy to use.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 02:37 PM
    Not all of Amazon's apps are the latest version. They carry the versions that will run best on their kindle fire units.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 06:17 PM
    I've got both of those stores on my Z10, and use them equally. 1Mobile seems to have the apps I use most (although to be fair I use mostly native apps from BB World), but with the new deals being made with Amazon, it may be the best bet going forward.
    As for Snap, I'd love to give it a try, but like quite a few others in these forums, it just won't work on my Z10 (device is not recognised).
    Like we say here, see what works for you, and go with it!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 08:10 PM
    1Mobile was the first one I used. It's nice since you can install it from your browser. They keep pretty much up to date with apps, and you get notifications for updates (sometimes excessive).

I tried Amazon app store as well. This you can also install easily from the browser. They don't have all the apps, and not all are up to date. The nice thing about Amazon is none of their apps look for Google services and all in app purchases go through Amazon (instead of Google). They also give away paid apps daily.

What I use..I too use Snap with a dummy Gmail. It takes 2 more minutes to install because you need a computer to install it. It is the only one I put on my phone anymore. Updates are done thru the app and as soon as the Dev puts out the update.

Maybe you don't want to install an app store. You can also go to apktrain.com, download apps (.apk's) straight from there and then install them.

I'm very interested to see how BlackBerry and Amazon incorporate the Amazon app store in 10.3. Also to see the changes (for the better) in the Amazon app store now that they have their phone out.

Posted via tin can telephone
    06-30-14 06:09 AM