This has nothing to do with 10.3. You can use DocuShortcut from BlackBerry World to make shortcuts for every native pre-installed app with custom icons and text, you just have to hide the originals in a folder on page two. For android apps you'll have to edit the apks with custom icons (google APK Editor).
    Haven't been able to finde it for foursquare Facebook etc - maybe that guy is just the developer of a shortcut app

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 08:20 AM
    Regardless of all the ways the image could have been created it's fake for this reason:
    Wait, why does the battery indication read"full and plugged in", when there's clearly no wires attached?
    Also.. you took a picture of your friends device revealing confidential information which could possibly cost him his job or a lawsuit while he was asleep? Some friend you are... remind me to hide my loose change if I ever have you over..on second thought. Don't come over.
    It was his secondary phone I took the shot while he was sleeping.
    As soon as he realized that we got interested in the os he hid it away from us.
    So I can't really say what is or was just got this shot of it and thought it would be worth sharing with you

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 08:40 AM
    Attachment 259127

Attachment 259126

Just something I threw together in 15 minutes...not saying its not real what you posted, but until more information comes out, things can be made using various programs.

Have to admit, I threw that together quickly but I do like the circle app icons with white objects inside...with a black stroke around the edges, it could be used without any clashes no matter what wallpaper is used.
    The difference is that yours looks extremely fake. Your icons aren't even in a perfect grid.

Not saying that the original is real or not, but at least it looks real. Add in the fact that Chen is going all in with pleasing long time BBOS customers, this type of customization only makes sense for them to at least explore.

Remember, BlackBerry sold themes in BlackBerry App World on BBOS and took a cut from the developers. Introducing themes for BB10 would add another revenue possibility for BlackBerry World, even if only a small amount.

Posted via my Z10
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    03-29-14 08:54 AM
    And why is there black marker pen in all four corners of the screen? Fake!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    To cover the pin watermarks.

Q10 On Steroids running on pure Awesomeness
    03-29-14 08:57 AM
    You mean like this?
    Attachment 259301

Posted via CB10
    the App Store icon with the words "BlackBerry World" written underneath looks really really weird.

Posted via my Z10
    03-29-14 08:57 AM
    the App Store icon with the words "BlackBerry World" written underneath looks really really weird.

Posted via my Z10
    With docushortcut, you can change the names of the icons. I was just too lazy to do it

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 09:06 AM
    The difference is that yours looks extremely fake. Your icons aren't even in a perfect grid.

Not saying that the original is real or not, but at least it looks real. Add in the fact that Chen is going all in with pleasing long time BBOS customers, this type of customization only makes sense for them to at least explore.

Remember, BlackBerry sold themes in BlackBerry App World on BBOS and took a cut from the developers. Introducing themes for BB10 would add another revenue possibility for BlackBerry World, even if only a small amount.

Posted via my Z10
    Lol I know but I also did mine in 15 minutes from start to post . Didn't expect it to be 100% or look real lol.

And yes I remember they had themes before, but don't think we will be seeing themes for bb10. But of course I don't have any proof just a thought that they won't.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-29-14 09:31 AM
    Regardless of all the ways the image could have been created it's fake for this reason:

Also.. you took a picture of your friends device revealing confidential information which could possibly cost him his job or a lawsuit while he was asleep? Some friend you are... remind me to hide my loose change if I ever have you over..on second thought. Don't come over.

Posted via CB10
    My z10 running 10.3 displays charging after being unplugged for hours ^^ so that seems to be a 10.3 issue

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 11:27 AM
    Boy I wonder if I could change everything to NOX icons with that docushortcut app.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 11:46 AM
    Boy I wonder if I could change everything to NOX icons with that docushortcut app.

Posted via CB10
    Only 16 of the native apps sadly

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 12:03 PM
    Even though likely a fake I DO like the theme!!! Man that looks sharp.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 12:08 PM
    It was his secondary phone I took the shot while he was sleeping.
    As soon as he realized that we got interested in the os he hid it away from us.
    So I can't really say what is or was just got this shot of it and thought it would be worth sharing with you
    If he hid it when he saw your interest, I can't pronounce what I would call you to your face if I was him and found out you posted the picture on the biggest BlackBerry Forum on the World Wide Double U.
    RubenDM and pttptppt like this.
    03-29-14 12:35 PM
    You mean like this?
    Attachment 259301

Posted via CB10
    This one made me laugh. It looks horrendous. Crazy, because I actually like the look on an iPhone.
    meltedice likes this.
    03-29-14 12:36 PM
    If i had such a 'friend' ...
    I'm pretty happy with os 10.3 first leak. Icons look good , snappy os.
    Custom stuf always is a win-win !
    03-29-14 12:38 PM
    For any apk android apps whether using Android or BlackBerry 10 its a pretty simple task to -

Download the apk.
    Open it with a rar extractor on windows,linux, android or BlackBerry 10..whatever...
    Find the icon file
    Replace it
    Install the apk
    03-29-14 01:01 PM
    OK for those of you who haven't been here long. That is because the Phone is running an early leak of software. It is showing the user's PINs in the corners. Obviously - this particular user is concerned about someone identifying their phone.

BBOS had this ability (themes or theming). And it seems like it may be among those things Chen is thinking of bringing back.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 02:04 PM
    I don't see why people are too quick to assume it's fake. Don't get me wrong, It could be... but maybe it isn't. Besides I don't see why this would be a bad idea. Having the ability to customize is always a win win situation. This could be huge for graphic designers/ developers, especially if you can submit themes for Blackberry 10 on Blackberry World.
    03-29-14 05:27 PM
    Wait, why does the battery indicator read"full and plugged in", when there's clearly no wires attached?

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    I dont see it
    lawguyman likes this.
    03-29-14 05:39 PM
    I don't see why people are too quick to assume it's fake. Don't get me wrong, It could be... but maybe it isn't. Besides I don't see why this would be a bad idea. Having the ability to customize is always a win win situation. This could be huge for graphic designers/ developers, especially if you can submit themes for Blackberry 10 on Blackberry World.
    I can't speak for others but saying he took a pic of a friends phone while he slept doesn't scream real. Although it could and may very well be real...but this is his friend. he could have said a bit more without giving away his friends information by saying that his friend works for BlackBerry or is a developer for BlackBerry.

This would not be a bad idea at all if they are going to allow themes in bb10!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 05:40 PM

This would not be a bad idea at all if they are going to allow themes in bb10!

Posted via CB10
    This would be a wonderful idea....but sadly it probably won't happen. I am wishing and hoping tho!!
    03-29-14 06:03 PM
    Does anyone know how much revenue themes net for BlackBerry? I'm wondering whether it'd be lucrative to enable them for BB10. It would attract designers and bring in a little extra cash.
    03-29-14 06:44 PM
    waiting for themes option on BB10
    03-29-14 07:47 PM
    Attachment 259127

Attachment 259126

Just something I threw together in 15 minutes...not saying its not real what you posted, but until more information comes out, things can be made using various programs.

Have to admit, I threw that together quickly but I do like the circle app icons with white objects inside...with a black stroke around the edges, it could be used without any clashes no matter what wallpaper is used.
    Does this get rid of the PIN watermark glitch?
    03-29-14 11:00 PM
    Attachment 259127

Attachment 259126

Main difference :

His icons look like blackberry
    Yours don't ^^

Anyway if it's real = good on you blackberry
    If not = blackberry WATCH, LEARN AND ADOPT!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 12:12 AM
    not saying OP is real or fake but it can be done with some work and a little know-how.. here's the post where a CB member customized theirs:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...l#post10172403

Apollo is a known and pretty well established member I've seen around quite a bit so I don't think he would lie.

as far as having custom-icons, basically themes, I think we all know how popular they were on BBOS phones so I think everyone would be on board with that, me included...

oh and am I the only one who doesn't see the battery plugged in indicator in OP? to me just looks like full batt, but unplugged.. or am i going crazy lol
    03-30-14 12:57 AM
67 123