Love my Q10, but seriously dislike the contacts app. When I first set the phone up, I went through the steps & signed into Facebook, Twitter, etc, which automatically added all my friends & "tweeps" to my contacts app. I went through and turned off contacts for those services, so they no longer appear in my contacts BUT when I search for a contact - say if I start a text from the hub - every single person on every single social site I'm on shows up in my search so I have to sort through those. I hate this. It's not at all efficient. Does 10.3 fix this???
    01-26-15 07:59 PM
    No. 10.3 does the same. It automatically dumps all your Facebook friends and other social app contacts into the main contacts app. Whether you want them or not.

Yes, some will say you can turn those off in the contacts app, but it doesn't solve the problem you're having, nor does it keep them from popping up in the phone contacts list.

I wish there was an option to not allow Facebook, Twitter, whatever from adding the contacts automatically without asking first.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 08:58 PM
    I was afraid of that. That's my biggest turnoff to my Q10. My husbands name is Chris, so I've got him in my contacts, of course. I have his mom as "Chris mom" and I have an employee "Christie". Yet, when I go to forward an email to my husband and start typing his name, I have to scroll through dozens of people due to Facebook & Twitter. I've gotten to where I will get on my iPad to handle email that needs forwarded because it's quicker and easier, which is sad because my BB is supposed to be my workhorse. I was hoping it would be fixed in 10.3
    decoy7 likes this.
    01-26-15 09:31 PM
    I found out how to fix this! It was on a thread in the Passport forum. Go to contacts app & swipe down from top & click settings - turn on Facebook contacts. Then close out & go back to the contacts app & go to the Facebook contacts and delete all of them (hold down top contact & click in the upper right - the three little lines - then click select more). Just start selecting - then delete. Swipe down from top again & go to settings & turn Facebook contacts back to off. Do this for all social networking sites you want deleted so they don't show up in search. It's a pain, but once done, it's great!
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    01-27-15 12:09 AM
    I found out how to fix this! It was on a thread in the Passport forum. Go to contacts app & swipe down from top & click settings - turn on Facebook contacts. Then close out & go back to the contacts app & go to the Facebook contacts and delete all of them (hold down top contact & click in the upper right - the three little lines - then click select more). Just start selecting - then delete. Swipe down from top again & go to settings & turn Facebook contacts back to off. Do this for all social networking sites you want deleted so they don't show up in search. It's a pain, but once done, it's great!
    Good advice, but it should be noted: DO NOT delete all. Only delete the contacts you want to remove from your phone completely, from all address books.

Thanks for the tip!

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 08:18 AM
    Thanks,

I'll have to remember this the next time I decide to load Facebook back onto my phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 09:36 AM
    Yes, don't delete those you have linked (found this out the hard way). But, wow, this cleans them right up!
    01-27-15 01:22 PM