Has anybody heard of blackberry ever plans on implementing the concept of "undo" when editing emails?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 03:36 PM
    Hi TrevorCroft, AFAIK, no.
    03-01-15 04:11 PM
    I so wanna have this functionality across the OS.

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    03-01-15 09:36 PM
    I thought when it first came out that since swipe left was delete, that swipe right would be undo. That seems intuitive enough for me. Unless I've completely missed something and swiping right is already a gesture. I'm no programmer but if they can do delete it seems easy enough to program undo. Could be wrong, just my thoughts but would be a nice touch!

CB10 via Z30
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-01-15 09:47 PM
    Could be wrong, just my thoughts but would be a nice touch!

CB10 via Z30
    It's not a problem programming wise but probably can be an issue with device's memory and ram. They have to think it through how to use the limited resources without providing laggy performance.
    There's a reason we don't see this on any other platform out of the box either.

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-02-15 03:48 AM
    It's not a problem programming wise but probably can be an issue with device's memory and ram. They have to think it through how to use the limited resources without providing laggy performance.
    There's a reason we don't see this on any other platform out of the box either.

I know for a fact its been on iphone for a while out of the box now since I have experimented with friends phones. Not sure about android.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 09:55 AM
    I know for a fact its been on iphone for a while out of the box now since I have experimented with friends phones. Not sure about android.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't specifically mention iPhone. I know they have it. Also it's more matured OS too. Either ways, I don't think UNDO was part of legacy BlackBerry devices either so don't imagine it's on their agenda yet.

03-02-15 02:33 PM
    Swipe right to undo is a suggestion I've given to BlackBerry personally. I also suggested that they gave us a one finger wipe from top corners for the OS quick menu to show up instead of the two finger swipe.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 02:48 PM
    Swipe right to undo is a suggestion I've given to BlackBerry personally. I also suggested that they gave us a one finger wipe from top corners for the OS quick menu to show up instead of the two finger swipe.

Posted via CB10
    Cool. However one finger swipe has its own purpose in many native apps. It gives you the built-in app options. This is the reason they have two fingers option to give you the OS quick menu.

03-02-15 02:56 PM
    Cool. However one finger swipe has its own purpose in many native apps. It gives you the built-in app options. This is the reason they have two fingers option to give you the OS quick menu.

From the corners. One finger wipe would still work anywhere else from the top. The PlayBook had it implemented this way. Including swipe from bottom corner to pop up keyboard

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 03:00 PM
    From the corners. One finger wipe would still work anywhere else from the top. The PlayBook had it implemented this way. Including swipe from bottom corner to pop up keyboard

Posted via CB10
    Long hold, undo... and don't disappear the long hold menu as soon as you click something, undo/redo, which would include selections, and show the cursor movement thingy as well... tons of various ways to do it.

I didn't need undo on old BB devices due to how accurate I was with the trackpad / blackberry button... with touch screens its so much easier to make mistakes.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 02:08 PM