One of the advantages of having a physical keyboard is the ability to do functions by key presses. One can hold the phone in one hand and click away to do precise and useful actions. Once committed to memory, they are a real productivity booster. 6 in particular stand out as essential: O and I for zooming in and out of web pages, and R for turning a web page into a text article and N, P & U for scrolling up and down through messages by date and jumping to unread messages in the hub.
    With the OS 10.3 update, the old shortcuts are still there but you can now assign certain program actions to individual keys as well as telephone numbers. Some letters are already set by default in app screen mode. You can see the list in settings>shortcuts and speed dial. You have to press a letter and hold it for a couple of seconds to call up the function. e.g. Press and hold R and the clock will come up. Press and hold B and the browser will appear.

No virtual keyboard goes as far as the Blackberry keyboard as far as I know, although iOS7+ virtual keyboard has a few shortcuts like double tap space bar for full stop, and holding down full stop to get web page endings when entering an url, and it does allow for the programming of a bluetooth keyboard for your iPhone with some short-cuts, but nothing like the scale and usefulness of the Blackberry.

Here's a list of keyboard shortcuts for OS10 phones - may not be exhaustive:
    Basic
    * To go into sleep mode just press top power button briefly.
    * Hard re-set hold down power button.
    * When talking on your BlackBerry, press the Currency Key to enable Speaker Phone.
    * In phone mode pressing a key gives you speed dial.
    * Hold down the shift key for CAPS lock and hold down ALT for numbers lock.
    * Hold down letter key for its capital letter, hold down further for accents in language enabled keyboard
    * alt + Return to change language setting of the keyboard.
    * alt + any key brings up the search screen. (or any key when in the app screen)
    * alt + sym brings up symbol screen. Press sym twice and you get the numbers keypad.
    * Space bar scrolls one screen down at a time when in chat or channels. shift + space bar scrolls up.
    * text input double space bar for full stop.
    * text input mypin gives you your pin number
    * Type LD in text input and predictive text shows local date, LT shows local time, to insert into a message
    * When sending a message, type myver then Space to display your BlackBerry smartphone model/current OS version.
    * When typing press O to enter text by voice.
    * In the Hub
    * Memorise the first three even if you do nothing else

* N to scroll down messages by previous day.
    * P to scroll up by date.
    * U to unread messages.
    * S to search.
    * B to go to bottom of list and
    * T to go back to top of list.
    * To reply to all in an email or PIN message press L.
    * To reply to just the sender, press R.
    * Type B to go to the bottom of message,
    * T to go to the top or Space to skip a page in your Message list or email.
    * * Keyboard shortcuts for the Twitter for BlackBerry app: R � retweet, L � message to, C � compose, D � refresh your timeline.

Calendar
    * A Agenda view
    * D Day view
    * W Weekly view
    * M monthly view
    * S search
    * G go to date
    * N next
    * P previous
    * C Create new appointment

In the browser
    * space bar scrolls down one screen
    * shift + space bar scrolls up
    * K for book marks
    * H for history
    * R for Readability
    * W for new tab
    * T top of page
    * B bottom
    * U copy url
    * S search
    * L re-load
    * P for back page
    * O for zoom in
    * I for zoom out

Unfortunately there is still no key press for cancel.
    dmlis, Johny Ju and sibeans like this.
    02-21-15 01:58 PM
    How about typing shortcuts like: typing "mypin" (without quotation marks inputs the user's pin.

pin:2BD8B459

Like that.
    What are the others?

Pasaporte Pilipino.
    02-25-15 01:55 PM
    I know 'myver' which inserts your model and os info: example: 'myver':
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418

Also, 'mynumber' inserts your telephone number.

Typed with the one and only BlackBerry Passport!
    02-25-15 02:02 PM
    For hard reset - is there a difference between holding down power button and the up&down volume buttons? Cheers for this list, learned something new today!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 03:00 PM
    Btw in the browser 'w' only opens the left overflow menu for me, but not a new tab?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 03:22 PM
    Bur all the shortcut doesn't work on my work. E.g " mypin. Myver. LD. LT. None work. Is there way I can revise it. Even upon loading different OS to my device it still doesn't work

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 05:09 PM
    It should be working properly on any BlackBerry device actually, not only those with physical keyboards.
    Perhaps you have predictions turned off. That may be the reason. When you type any of the above, you should see in the predictions the result of them in green.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 06:14 PM
    And pinch gestures out there in the hub. Pitch to show unread emails. Anything else.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 07:26 PM
    When I bought the Q10, none of the keyboard shortcuts worked in the browser. Then one day they worked but after one day they didn't work again. Is there somewhere to turn keyboard shortcuts on and off?
    03-19-15 04:10 PM
    For hard reset - is there a difference between holding down power button and the up&down volume buttons? Cheers for this list, learned something new today!
    My understanding is that holding the volume buttons is the 'hard' reset - the equivalent of doing a battery pull, and holding the power button is a 'soft' reset, but if someone thinks/knows differently feel free to correct me!
    03-19-15 04:29 PM