Since updating my unlocked z30, I suddenly could not text. Called T-Mobile and they recommended restoring through link but link doesnt work with any of my 3 OS 10 phones, so looking for other options, I realized that I could text my gf in the ten seconds or so after a reboot, before wifi calling came into effect. Disabled wifi, rebooted, now I can text people again (yay! What a privilege!). When I turn on wifi, once wifi calling icon lights up in the corner, bye bye any ability to text. I can receive them, but sent messages live in perpetual timeout. How do I disable wifi calling so I can keep my wifi on? Anybody else run into this with 10.3.3 on Z30?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-16 01:37 AM
    Search by starting to type: wi
    One of the results will be an app Wi-Fi Calling
    Launch that and flip the switch to the off position under Wi-Fi Calling.

As for your other issues, they are very strange. What method did you use to update to 10.3.3?

I recommend using an autoloader if you haven't already:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...aders-1093246/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-927076/

Hope it helps!
    12-12-16 10:11 AM
    Thanks, I will try that, as I couldn't find the app in BlackBerry World. As for the upload, I simply went to updates in settings and it began to download automatically, so I guess it was from BB? I'm on an unlocked phone using t-mobile.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-16 12:17 PM
    I just found a convo within a different thread where others are finding the exact problem, then side loading Wifi Calling to turn it off so they can text. Such a weird issue.

Posted via CB10
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    12-12-16 12:29 PM
    I have a similar issue. See the T-Mo threads.

Z30-STA100-5 (T-Mo)-SR 10.3.3.1359 / OS 10.3.3.2049
    12-12-16 01:24 PM
    Thanks, I will try that, as I couldn't find the app in BlackBerry World. As for the upload, I simply went to updates in settings and it began to download automatically, so I guess it was from BB? I'm on an unlocked phone using t-mobile.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, me too exactly.
    But I have no texting issues. Sideloaded wifi calling just to see if it works. Seems fine, but I keep it off most of the time since, as you know, TMO is great with regular service. WiFi comes in handy when I've been in a pinch and needed better throughput because of the building I was in.

Strange problem. Are you good with sideloading the wifi app?
    12-12-16 05:46 PM
    Having the exact same problem with wifi-calling's automatic activation breaking texting.
    I'm sorta new here. Could you point me to how to side load the t-mobile app so I can turn off wifi calling?
    This is very, very annoying that this new release breaks texting.
    (Good news about the release is that I can finally delete android apps!)
    Z30, STA100-5, T-mobile, 10.3.3.1435
    Thanks for any help!!
    12-25-16 02:24 PM
    Hi everybody.
    I have an unlocked Z30 STA100-5 on T-Mobile and when I updated to Software Release 10.3.3.1463 I received the wifi calling icon but lost texting.
    BTW, IMHO, Z30 is one of the best phones BlackBerry ever made for their own OS.
    Anyway, I digress. After searching Google with "download wifi calling bar" I browsed to the https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...24900/?lang=en link provided. Then I clicked on instructions and with my Z30, using the 'Smart Tags' app, simply scanned the QR code. The code opened the wi-fi calling app by BlackBerry Limited in BlackBerry World and I was able to disable wi-fi calling.
    I was unable to find this app in BBWorld without the QR code. With wi-fi calling now off, and the wi-fi calling icon gone, text is working as usual even with my wi-fi network connected.
    Let me know if this helps.
    UberschallSamsara likes this.
    02-11-17 10:57 PM