Hi all,

My problem is straight forward. Since loading 10.3.2 my contacts in my address book do not sync with any cars. (tested with 2012 fiat and 2014 rav4) 10.3.1 was working flawlessly.

I originally thought it was an issue on 10.3.2 but recently discovered it was only my device. My friend who now has the same device and OS level was tested in my car and worked perfectly as expected.

My initial load and every update of 10.3.2 were beta releases. I need some help/suggestions on things I can do to resolve this.

My last resort would be a wipe but backup/restore is a must. I have too much customization to start fresh

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 03:12 PM
    I had the same problem after updating to 2339. Try deleting the phone from the car connectivity system AND delete the car from your BT profile, then follow the steps to reconnect each one as though you're doing it for the first time. It took a few attempts for mine to work (and my vehicle is older than yours!) but it did finally work.
    07-13-15 03:24 PM
    Tried. Deleted all from my 2 cars and from my phone. Repaired on both cars. And still had the same issue.

My friends device connected and uploaded contacts almost instantly.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 03:56 PM
    Hi all,

My problem is straight forward. Since loading 10.3.2 my contacts in my address book do not sync with any cars. (tested with 2012 fiat and 2014 rav4) 10.3.1 was working flawlessly.
    What kind of phone do you have? What OS Version are you on? Can you connect via Bluetooth to other things (not cars)?
    ezapper2 likes this.
    07-14-15 12:01 PM
    Both working and non working are PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339.

Yes other things work fine: fitbit, blackberry stereo gateway, bluetooth headset, blue touchpad to PC, and bluetooth transfer to other phones

Posted via CB10
    Thorsten Heinsight likes this.
    07-14-15 07:40 PM
    Both working and non working are PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339.

Yes other things work fine: fitbit, blackberry stereo gateway, bluetooth headset, blue touchpad to PC, and bluetooth transfer to other phones

Posted via CB10
    Do you have rSAP turned on? Bluetooth>Configure>rSAP
    07-14-15 10:01 PM
    Do you have rSAP turned on? Bluetooth>Configure>rSAP
    not sure what that is but I never changed it from 10.3.1..

I decided to backup and wipe the device. its been 24 hours now and still wiping.. (no encryption on device)
    07-16-15 09:57 AM
    not sure what that is but I never changed it from 10.3.1..

I decided to backup and wipe the device. its been 24 hours now and still wiping.. (no encryption on device)
    I think I would have tried changing the setting before wiping. Besides, if you simply restore a backup, it will be the same. Enabling rSAP has been known to fix your problem.
    ezapper2 likes this.
    07-16-15 10:12 AM
    I think I would have tried changing the setting before wiping. Besides, if you simply restore a backup, it will be the same. Enabling rSAP has been known to fix your problem.
    Ill have to test that once im up and running again.. I wish I wasn't in such a hurry to wipe but thanks for letting me know anyhow.
    07-16-15 10:27 AM
    Ill have to test that once im up and running again.. I wish I wasn't in such a hurry to wipe but thanks for letting me know anyhow.
    Please let us know about the test result. I have the same problem with my z30.
    07-16-15 10:31 AM
    I just spoke with my friend who tested this successfully in my car. He said his rsap is turned off. I think I will try re-loading my OS as something seems corrupted. Even my wipe should not have taken this long.
    PHughes likes this.
    07-16-15 10:36 AM
    I just spoke with my friend who tested this successfully in my car. He said his rsap is turned off. I think I will try re-loading my OS as something seems corrupted. Even my wipe should not have taken this long.
    Good luck! It can be a pain at times. Hope the reinstall sorts it out.
    ezapper2 likes this.
    07-16-15 04:43 PM
    Good luck! It can be a pain at times. Hope the reinstall sorts it out.
    Thanks again.
    5 hours later and the wipe is still 98%.(definately something wrong with my device) I'm trying to just flash it now using link and reloading the default OS. I really hope i can get it working as i've gone 2 days now without a phone and I feel naked...lol
    07-16-15 07:58 PM
    Thanks again.
    5 hours later and the wipe is still 98%.(definately something wrong with my device) I'm trying to just flash it now using link and reloading the default OS. I really hope i can get it working as i've gone 2 days now without a phone and I feel naked...lol
    I wiped mine once and it took hours as well.
    07-16-15 10:42 PM
    Looks like I'm back in business.

I had to use an autoloader to flash my phone.

I tested contact downloads to my car and it worked again. Now I restored my backup and will try again in the morning.

Thnx for all the moral support

Posted via CB10
    PHughes likes this.
    07-16-15 11:16 PM
    Unbelievable.... after my restore my original issue is BACK...

But I did fix it...I went in the BT setting and found this option to allow BT to address book, it was set to "none"

Lol. I set it to all and sure enough it works now. I'm guessing the first beta I installed set it this way and I never knew the setting existed or I would have fixed it a long time ago.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 362887
    PHughes likes this.
    07-17-15 07:29 AM
    Unbelievable.... after my restore my original issue is BACK...

But I did fix it...I went in the BT setting and found this option to allow BT to address book, it was set to "none"

Lol. I set it to all and sure enough it works now. I'm guessing the first beta I installed set it this way and I never knew the setting existed or I would have fixed it a long time ago.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 362887
    Yeah, a restore will only give you back the settings that don't work. Glad you got it working!
    ezapper2 likes this.
    07-17-15 12:23 PM