I just updated my Q5 via Web Update Software Update f�r BlackBerry 10 - Neue Updates f�r BlackBerry OS 10 - Deutsch .

It says it's one of three methods. Link didn't show any updates. OTA didn't work because of insufficient space.

So I choose Web Update. Update progress was flawless, but now the whole device is wiped !!

I had no idea this would happen because there was no warning, nothing.

Is this normal ?!
    02-26-15 05:13 AM
    yes, whenever you do an update, the first thing you need to do is backup.
    At least you have a new OS now you just need to rebuild your data.
    Do you have an old backup? Know your accounts info? Have an SD card with your pics and vids so at least you didn't lose that? Cause all that data is gone if you have no backup.
    02-26-15 05:23 AM
    Unfortunately I had no backup. My fault, yes. I just thought it would be an update, as it was stated as such on the site. It acted like an autoloader. So, it was just back luck or is there a way to do the web update wrong?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 12:04 PM
    Are you upgrading from
    10.2.1. Do you have a blue led when you boot? If so, you need to apply the fix for blue led devices to keep from wiping.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 12:11 PM
    Unfortunately I had no backup. My fault, yes. I just thought it would be an update, as it was stated as such on the site. It acted like an autoloader. So, it was just back luck or is there a way to do the web update wrong?

Posted via CB10
    I have no idea what Web update is. It's usual OTA or Link. My guess is you had bad luck.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 12:41 PM
    I have no idea what Web update is. It's usual OTA or Link. My guess is you had bad luck.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I thought, too. On this official site it says there are three methods. Web Update would open a small programm which detects your phone plugged in over USB and starts a download for the update and installs it. No warnings for a possible wipe.

Are you upgrading from
    10.2.1. Do you have a blue led when you boot? If so, you need to apply the fix for blue led devices to keep from wiping.

Posted via CB10
    No blue LED during boot. I just plugged the phone in via USB restartet the phone and started the web update.

Be it as it is, I can't change anything now. I think this thread can be closed and maybe others are warned and they are more careful than me
    03-02-15 02:30 PM