Good afternoon everyone!

Please indulge me in my first post:

Two days ago I installed the 10.3.1 leak (1581, which I gather is now official) on my Q5. There is an issue which I see a little coverage of on the forums but not much where WiFi randomly disconnects if you are anything more than a metre from your wireless hub. When this happens, the phone automatically switches to the mobile carrier for data, which it should. This costs money however, and I am now over on data without any warning whatsoever. A simple 30 minute youtube session or a couple of download updates is all it takes to suddenly leave you on the hook for $$.

From the looks of things this bug has carried over to the official build and is still a problem. What a shame in an otherwise solid improvement to my phone (calendar aside)!

I've now re-installed 10.3.0 and so far so good - I won't be touching 10.3.1 until BB have this fixed, or someone can give me a solid workaround.

Anyway, don't mean for this to be a whining thread, but thought I'd get the message out there that you can get stung hard with data overage charges and have no idea it's happening.

Chris...
    02-22-15 09:25 AM
    Go into settings and turn your data off....

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-22-15 09:30 AM
    If your data fee is unacceptable, then simply disable data in your connections settings and then, you won't be charged for it.
    But buddy, $15 for 30 minutes YT? You really need another plan !

P.S: not discussing the wifi problem to avoid dups, may threads abt it already.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 09:30 AM
    Unfortunately you did not have to down grade your OS, you could have just changed the radio with a loader,
    02-22-15 09:31 AM
    No, turning off data or switching off the cellular network isn't a very good workaround as it leads to interruptions when the WiFi drops - and if I forget to turn either back on, I'll be in trouble the next work day. Ask me how I know!

Also, I don't need another plan, I need WiFi that works. If WiFi works, I'm fine and have been for two years. The data I use 'on the go' is the odd email and syncing calendars: pretty low usage.

Yes, I've seen other posts about this, but none have mentioned the (pretty important I feel) point about being charged for an overage!

Unfortunately you did not have to down grade your OS, you could have just changed the radio with a loader,
    That would be nice, and something I've been looking at doing. Are there any guides around that might help? Any suggestion on which radio is best? I noted this issue on all of the 10.3.1 leaks I loaded, all the included radio files didn't seem to work well for the Q5 WiFi. If there's one that's totally solid though I'll try it out. Thanks for the suggestion!

Chris...
    02-22-15 09:40 AM
    No, turning off data or switching off the cellular network isn't a very good workaround as it leads to interruptions when the WiFi drops - and if I forget to turn either back on, I'll be in trouble the next work day. Ask me how I know!

Also, I don't need another plan, I need WiFi that works. If WiFi works, I'm fine and have been for two years. The data I use 'on the go' is the odd email and syncing calendars: pretty low usage.

Yes, I've seen other posts about this, but none have mentioned the (pretty important I feel) point about being charged for an overage!

That would be nice, and something I've been looking at doing. Are there any guides around that might help? Any suggestion on which radio is best? I noted this issue on all of the 10.3.1 leaks I loaded, all the included radio files didn't seem to work well for the Q5 WiFi. If there's one that's totally solid though I'll try it out. Thanks for the suggestion!

Chris...
    here is a good place to start,

[Guide] How to Load an OS Using Autoloader - Page 4 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

and this is the best place to find what ever os or radio you want to try,

https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/65rUO...7ZJlrypBMNEwYG
    02-22-15 09:45 AM
    WITHDRAWL, can't thank you enough mate. Right now my phone is totally blank: it's a great time to experiment.

Thanks!
    02-22-15 11:00 AM
    WITHDRAWL, can't thank you enough mate. Right now my phone is totally blank: it's a great time to experiment.

Thanks!
    No problem, if you have problems just pm me
    02-22-15 11:01 AM