I loved that you could click anywhere to take a picture, it was so handy! I always showed it off to everyone and they would ooooh and aawwww. It was a great idea. Now it's an iPhone camera. Gross. Any way to keep the 10.2.1 camera but run 10.3.1??
    Superdupont 2_0 likes this.
    03-05-15 07:17 AM
    with a new OS comes new things.
    03-05-15 07:19 AM
    Use the rocker buttons!?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 08:49 AM
    This is a much better way to take pictures. Click to focus is a lot faster than it used to be and using video camera is instant as well as switching front and back cam
    Maybe you should wait a minute before deciding the new way isn't better
    03-05-15 09:19 AM
    I shared your frustration until I realised I could use the volume buttons.
    03-05-15 09:38 AM
    Click to focus is a lot faster than it used to be
    That's because they improved the autofocus logic, not because tap-to-focus is inherently faster.

The new way sucks. I use the "tap anywhere" feature quite often when I'm taking photos of things where I can't see the screen of the phone (Behind equipment, above ceiling tiles, etc...)
    03-05-15 08:16 PM
    Now we can focus, we are in 2015 now

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 08:20 PM
    That's because they improved the autofocus logic, not because tap-to-focus is inherently faster.

The new way sucks. I use the "tap anywhere" feature quite often when I'm taking photos of things where I can't see the screen of the phone (Behind equipment, above ceiling tiles, etc...)
    That's what the volume button is for.
    03-05-15 08:34 PM
    That's what the volume button is for.
    Or "tap anywhere". Yes, I use the volume buttons at times, but I still have to search for a button.
    03-05-15 08:47 PM
    Now we can focus, we are in 2015 now
    We could focus before...
    03-05-15 08:47 PM
    My first impression is that I feel the same way. I miss touch anywhere. Makes taking photos with one hand much more difficult trying to hit the little button.

...but, in reading this thread, I forgot about the volume rocker. I'll give that a try next time, and hopefully it works just as well.

The added shortcuts for switch camera and video are nice though. Better than going through camera options like before.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    03-05-15 09:55 PM
    asides from the volume rockers, on the pkb devices, you can also use spacebar to take a photo.

Posted via CB10
    yvpan1 likes this.
    03-05-15 10:08 PM
    Now it's an iPhone camera because you can't tap anywhere. Of course.
    03-05-15 10:09 PM
    i love the way it is now.. tap anywhere to capture was a nightmare for most users who are not as enthusiasts as ourselves as the capture quality was always blurry and they started to rant against the BB10 camera by saying bad things.

my mom used to keep ranting on her STL-1 camera pre-10.3.1, it took her quite an effort just to produce a CLEAR picture capture! she almost gave up. BUT, after 10.3.1, she couldn't be happier, she now can show her friends, her Z10 is NOT just an ordinary phone with an 8MP shooter but it can produce a crisp clear picture.

see??
    marts1x and niss63 like this.
    03-05-15 10:22 PM
    Thanks a lot, OP!
    I am missing the "tap anywhere" feature too!

Before 10.3 I took so many really precise snapshots, spontaneously, with only one hand (= just tap anywhere, when the autofocus gets green).

But now I NEVER take snapshots... so sad.

Don't get me wrong, the camera has many cool features, but really spontaneous snapshots are no longer possible.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 04:43 PM
    Just click the button.. I really don't understand why this is so hard?!
    Or use the volume rockers???
    Or the spacebar?!!!!
    habs_fan likes this.
    04-18-15 07:59 PM
    Thank you OP.

This is just one of the myriad reasons why I downgraded. The tap anywhere feature was very useful, likely the best feature was being able to hold the phone in a difficult position, with two fingers and tap with a third. Often in a situation where I could not see the target. Using the rocker, while trying to move into position and take a picture is just too difficult.

As for the video, I was not a fan of the immediate start feature in 10.3.
    ssbtech likes this.
    04-18-15 09:55 PM
    Tapping anywhere is much better because sometimes you need to take a photo quickly, your hands may very well be in an uncomfortable position and as you try to get to the button you've lost the moment, or worse: your hand shaked

I don't like pressing a physical button on actual camera (not professional, the standard on-the-go camera), I have to press it pretty hard and when I do that I lost the strength on holding the camera and I shaked the device

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2243
    ssbtech and Superdupont 2_0 like this.
    04-18-15 09:57 PM
    Just click the button.. I really don't understand why this is so hard?!
    Or use the volume rockers???
    Or the spacebar?!!!!
    Buttons are okay for regular static pictures, but not for spontaneous snapshots.

Imagine you are holding a baby in your left arm laughing at you, and you want to capture this moment with your free right hand... this will not work well with the volume rockers, because this move slightly shakes the device.

Other people have a coffee-to-go in their hands or whatsever.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 01:39 AM
    Buttons are okay for regular static pictures, but not for spontaneous snapshots.

Imagine you are holding a baby in your left arm laughing at you, and you want to capture this moment with your free right hand... this will not work well with the volume rockers, because this move slightly shakes the device.

Other people have a coffee-to-go in their hands or whatsever.

Posted via CB10
    Some people just don't get it.

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    04-19-15 02:18 AM
    Some people just don't get it.

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    Yes, and that's exactly the reason why there is a thing called "marketing".

It's never enough to have the best product in the market, one must advertise it to the masses!

Broadcast a tv commercial with the baby-situation and maybe the HUB for 5-6 months under " True multitasking with BlackBerry 10", then everybody would know why you must have a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 04:24 AM