I've upgraded from 10.2 only today and I've noticed a huge change in the OS - the minimised apps don't minimise to the spot in the top left corner of the Active Frame area. For some reason they end up in the top right hand side corner. Why is this? It makes using my Z10 so difficult to use - it's like having to remember what gear it's in (for anyone that's driven a manual car lol).

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 09:23 PM
    They changed it because they want it to be more like widgets. For example holding the active frame enables it to be moved in any current app location.

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    03-17-15 09:37 PM
    And it's not like remembering gears at all. Open 4 apps and see it for yourself. The apps won't move positions unless you move them.

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    03-17-15 09:38 PM
    And it's not like remembering gears at all. Open 4 apps and see it for yourself. The apps won't move positions unless you move them.

Posted via CB10
    Ahh it makes more sense when it's used with more than two apps - I still preferred the older system. I'm usually positive when looking at OS upgrades and new features but not for this one

Now I just realised they've moved the () brackets from the bottom left of the keyboard to the middle. How annoying -.-

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 09:43 PM
    Ahh it changes back to the old way when you have eight apps open X_X

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 09:47 PM
    Ahh it changes back to the old way when you have eight apps open X_X
    Yeah they do it that way for the second page of apps you have open (i.e. when you have more than 4 apps open) because you're only allowed to have 8 apps open at once and they don't want to get rid of the app you were just in when you go to open the 9th app (so it gets rid of the app you have used least recently on the second page of apps). It definitely seems confusing at first, but now that I'm used to it I actually like this change a lot.
    ruhban and Q10Bold like this.
    03-18-15 09:09 AM
    A number of vocal people asked for this change, or at least the ability to pin active frames to one location. I prefer the old way, but I'm adapting to the new.
    ruhban likes this.
    03-18-15 01:21 PM
    Also if you reboot with active frames open you'll notice something interesting.

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    03-18-15 01:38 PM
    Also if you reboot with active frames open you'll notice something interesting.

Posted via CB10
    Ahh I heard about this one before it was even released! They stay open! I like that

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 02:39 PM
    A number of vocal people asked for this change, or at least the ability to pin active frames to one location. I prefer the old way, but I'm adapting to the new.
    Ooh well add me to that list!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 02:39 PM
    A number of vocal people asked for this change
    BlackBerry listens to vocal people? Why does the calendar suck now then?

The active frame behavior is strange. It's odd swiping an app up only to have it jump to the left if there's already a couple of them open.

Here's how BlackBerry can fix it:

Active Frame Options
    Default Active Frame Position: Top-Left | First Open Space

Drag to Place: Allows user to minimize an app to an active frame and place it anywhere all in one swipe.
    While minimizing an app to an Active Frame, allow drag-to-place? Yes | No

Or BlackBerry could just keep being BlackBerry and force changes on users that they might probably won't like.
    03-18-15 09:59 PM
    BlackBerry listens to vocal people? Why does the calendar suck now then?

The active frame behavior is strange. It's odd swiping an app up only to have it jump to the left if there's already a couple of them open.

Here's how BlackBerry can fix it:

Active Frame Options
    Default Active Frame Position: Top-Left | First Open Space

Drag to Place: Allows user to minimize an app to an active frame and place it anywhere all in one swipe.
    While minimizing an app to an Active Frame, allow drag-to-place? Yes | No

Or BlackBerry could just keep being BlackBerry and force changes on users that they might probably won't like.
    Since you don't specify how the calendar sucks now, I assume you mean the growing numbers are gone. No one asked for growing numbers, it was just something they tried. But no one really praised it either. Maybe they are trying something different, or maybe there were complaints. Remember BlackBerry has refocused on enterprise, and there are well established enterprise feed back channels. As for sucking, that is a matter of opinion. The new calendar isn't as cute as the old one, but it does provide information on the month display the old one didn't, especially if you have multiple calendars.

As for active frame placement, what we have now is pretty much exactly what people who wanted if changed were asking for, and it uses the same same semantics as moving icons on the home screen.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2576
    03-19-15 02:09 AM