Ever since installing the 10.2 update, it appears that I'm no longer able to quickly type out three dots in a row (also known as an ellipsis). I use this ALL THE TIME! Anyone else having this issue? When I try to quickly type the three periods, it freezes on the second press, or sometimes just types "m".

On BbOS, there used to be an option to change the button press speed, or whatever it was called.

It's incredibly frustrating, such a small thing, and yet it totally disrupts my typing experience for no reason. The overall typing speed doesn't need ANY changes - on BbOS it used to be very common to accidentally type several multiple letters by accident, but I haven't had that issue here thankfully. The 10.2 update just nerfed my ellipses!
    10-29-13 01:30 PM
    Not having this issue... at all.

Tapped out on Halle (Black)Berry aka Z10 running 10.2.0.1791
    10-29-13 01:32 PM
    Me... neither...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791
    10-29-13 01:33 PM
    I can type it. On the Z10 I have to change to the second symbol group or I don't have a period.

I notice to get a newline in BBM or TXT you now have to press and hold the shift and tap Send. You used to tap the shift followed be a tap on Send. So they did change something in the keyboard code.
    10-29-13 01:37 PM
    Ever since installing the 10.2 update, it appears that I'm no longer able to quickly type out three dots in a row (also known as an ellipsis). I use this ALL THE TIME! Anyone else having this issue? When I try to quickly type the three periods, it freezes on the second press, or sometimes just types "m".
    First off, a belated welcome to CrackBerry!
    Might want to update your profile. Still says you have a Bold 9780.

Whenever anything is wonky with BB10, try a hard reset first. This is the BB10 equivalent to the battery pull on BBOS. (NOT the same as a restart.)

Hold down your top button for about 30 seconds. Keep pressing it down, ignoring onscreen countdown and restart option, BB splashscreen, black screen, red LED, and BB splashscreen again. I hold down that button until I see the blue startup icon.

Any better after that reboot?
    10-29-13 01:40 PM
    I can type it. On the Z10 I have to change to the second symbol group or I don't have a period.
    Why go to symbol kb at all for a period? It's right beside space bar. Not for you?

I notice to get a newline in BBM or TXT you now have to press and hold the shift and tap Send. You used to tap the shift followed be a tap on Send. So they did change something in the keyboard code.
    Yes, at first I thought they broke carriage return for BBM in 10.2, but then someone told me about holding it down. That hadn't even occurred to me.
    10-29-13 01:45 PM
    Why go to symbol kb at all for a period? It's right beside space bar. Not for you?
    Opps. It turns out, in BBM you have to type something before the period shows up. A space or anything but if you backspace all the way, the period disappears. Strange.
    10-29-13 01:55 PM
    Go and change settings in input settings , so that the mic icon is a period first.
    The microphone is there to give you the option to do voice dictation first before typing.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 01:58 PM
    No, the reset didn't really change anything, I already tried that - I forgot to specify that this is on the Q10, (coming from a Bold 9780 as you noticed). the series of "Alt" + "." presses could be done super fast on the original 10 & 10.1 releases. Now with 10.2 I need to wait a split second between each press, as if the processor needs to make up it's mind or something.
    10-30-13 01:29 PM
    Something in or with 10.2.0.1791. After updating when typing 3 successive dots you get .mm instead of ...

You are having to now let of the alt key each time you want another period.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 01:47 PM
    I use the dots always.. I think some people think I'm compulsive, which might not be all too far from the truth... I'm on the official 10.2 and the keyboard has yet to refuse...

To go even further, the keyboard shows me the three dots as predictive text... I press the dot (or period) twice and then swipe up...

From the Z...
    10-30-13 01:57 PM
    Alt + Left Shift ... works correctly and exactly as expected.
    10-30-13 02:20 PM
    After doing a security wipe and loading everything back, same os and apps somehow gave me back the ability to triple dot ( ... ) it without letting off alt. The issue with having to press alt after each # has also been remedied.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 10:01 AM
    It did that for me when I first loaded the OS.
    Just correct it a few times and the keyboard will learn.

STL3 1791 hybrid w/10.2.1 bars
    11-01-13 11:17 AM

On BbOS, there used to be an option to change the button press speed, or whatever it was called.

It's incredibly frustrating, such a small thing, and yet it totally disrupts my typing experience for no reason. The overall typing speed doesn't need ANY changes - on BbOS it used to be very common to accidentally type several multiple letters by accident, but I haven't had that issue here thankfully. The 10.2 update just nerfed my ellipses!
    Having the same issue as you! It does not let me at all without considerable effort!

Posted via CB10 on my ? Blackberry Q10!
    11-01-13 11:57 AM
    Six months late… but on Q10, Alt + M will force the ellipsis to appear in the moat where normally misspelling corrections are shown. You then tap the ellipsis to enter it where your cursor is. I was so used to a trackpad scroll while pressing, I guess that's the equivalent for this.
    03-27-14 02:56 AM