My problem with 10.2 update is that none of apps that are Android ports work anymore, Skype, Kindle, etc. They crash during launch. I don't have any side loaded apps so I don't know if those would work.

Even after restart of Z10 and reinstall of Skype, the app crashes during the blue progress bar at the bottom if the black BlackBerry 10 screen, about halfway through.

Sent from my iPuh-lease-as-IF
    10-23-13 10:55 PM
    This happened to me after a 10.1 official update that went wrong. I was able to re perform the Software Update from the phone but if you can't then you may need to back up your data and use Link on your computer to reload 10.2 on to your phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 11:18 PM
    I'll give it a shot. *sigh*

Thank you for the response.

Sent from my iPuh-lease-as-IF
    10-23-13 11:21 PM
    I'm having the same problem, it happened to me a month ago after an attempt to upgrade to 10.2 with a leak and I thought it was still not ready for prime time so I went back to official 10.1, now it happens again...

Back when I tried the Leak everything worked until I did the restore so somehow I think the backup reinstall wipe and restore will not work... this is at least 3h of wasted time but I guess I'll have to give it a try...

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 11:31 PM
    I got the same problem after upgrading to 10.2. I have not corrected the problem yet.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 11:43 PM
    I'm having the same problem. No android apps (BlackBerry World or sideloads) will start. The blue loading bar makes it to about 40% and crashes back to the desktop.

I was advised by BlackBerry Tech support to try to reload the update (10.2.0.424) through Link.

Haven't had time to do it yet.

Another dent in my BlackBerry happy place.
    trent19 likes this.
    10-25-13 04:15 PM
    Same here. It was acknowledged by Michael Clewley at BlackBerry :

@MichaelClewley: To those having an Android issue after upgrading to 10.2 we are looking into it.

http://twitter.com/MichaelClewley/st...72573372669952
    10-26-13 01:32 AM
    I had the same problem. Here is how I fixed it.

Step 1 Connected my Z10 (wifi off or airplane mode on phone) to a PC with BlackBerry Link installed.
    Step 2 Backed up settings and media. Did not select Application Data.
    Step 3 Chose Re-Install Software from Options/Settings.
    Step 4 Waited for OS download, install and reboot which is automatic.
    Step 5 Did the startup steps and restored the backup from Step 2.
    Step 6 Reinstall all apps using BlackBerry World.

After this everything worked perfectly including Android apps. Unfortunately you lose data in your apps if there was local data on the phone. Cloud based data and Contacts will be restored.

Posted via CB10
    asiayeah likes this.
    10-26-13 02:20 PM
    ^^ I'd stay away from link IMO. Just use the BlackBerry update website instead.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 02:22 PM
    Well, loosing application data is a huge hassle, I did it too just cause I could no live without android apps buy hoping they'll find a fix so I can restore that too...

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 03:23 PM
    Well, loosing application data is a huge hassle, I did it too just cause I could no live without android apps buy hoping they'll find a fix so I can restore that too...

Posted via CB10
    For me, I can't loose any local application data (e.g. Password Keeper). I would rather live without any Android application for a while. I hope BlackBerry would come up with a fix really really soon.

Now I hope there's a way for me to know which application is an Android port in App World before I install them. I definitely don't want to buy an Android port while I can't run them, e.g.
    10-26-13 06:36 PM
    11-01-13 08:12 PM
    I ended up going the route of using Link, backing up, re-installing device O/S. Lost all my sideloads. Have not bothered to put most of them back on. Prior to this crash I had an excellent working version of Google Maps and now I have a yucky version. I also don't know if this re-installing through Link has re-locked my phone, I guess I will find out when I try putting in my sim from another carrier in, in a few months.
    01-06-14 09:51 AM