Agree with the previous 2 posters. If you are on the forums then you have no reason to b*tch about not having the newest OS. This forum contains the tools to do so. And yes it is the exact same OS that you would get if the carrier sent you an update. Actually you are less likely to have bugs if you use the Autoloader vs doing a OTA update from your carrier
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-13-14 08:21 AM
    I can not understand why if people want it so bad they just don't install it. It is available, it is easy, and it's not a leak, it is an official release from another carrier, that is NOT the same thing as a leak! Why do you complain so much? Just install it!

Posted via CB10
    You are sooo right. Just install it. There are instructions on the site how to do it and you will be happy with the newer OS. Im on ATT and was like why am i waiting for this when we all know its not going to happen anytime soon.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-13-14 08:22 AM
    For people who are on Crackberry I think they have more then enough guidance to figure out how to download the newest OS from this site. Just search for the OS , open the thread , find the link matching your phone, download the OS. Backup your phone thru Link, then just unzip the file downloaded and with the phone connected to the PC click on the unzipped file. Will take 5 min to have the new OS on the phone.
    People who don't know about Crackberry or have a Mac computer I understand they don't have the new OS on their phone but people with PC's who are Crackberry members have no excuse. I think takes less time to upload the new OS instead of writing about how upset you are because you don't have it. Think this way - Crackberry represents right now the direct 10.2.1 OS link from BlackBerry to the user bypassing the carriers.

Visit my BBM Channel C000E96F6
    But the question remains despite the guidance should BlackBerry owners have to go through all those steps to get updates when other equipment owners don't. Here in the U.S. Some people just don't have the time to do all that and let's face it some people just don't want to be bothered. So yes they do have the right to B*tch they did not sign up for that when they bought their new phone and signed contract. Nor were they advised of having to go thru all those hoops and hurdles to get updates. I am sure if that would have been the case and told up front about this they probably would have opted out to another equipment. If you give someone the means to just check and press update on phone or computer as oppose to research find download this that then upload this and that it is very time consuming. Not to mention if the person does not get it right than the problem begins. Ultimately, causing loyal and potential BlackBerry owners to shop else where.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by privateeyes; 03-13-14 at 09:14 AM.
    03-13-14 08:48 AM
    Bottom line is this is nothing new to BlackBerry this is been going on since O7 software and here we are years later with BB10 and the issue has never been addressed. I should not have had to purchase sim card from abroad in order to get updates and neither should any other BlackBerry user. Cut the carriers out of the way GET UPDATES for your phones independent of CARRIERS PERIOD! INVEST the Money! BlackBerry wants to be competitive the facts are the facts you need USA market until you get on BOARD and make this happen you will always lead from behind. Loyal BlackBerry owner and saddened.

Posted via CB10
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    03-13-14 08:53 AM
    But the question remains despite the guidance should BlackBerry owners hace to go through all those steps to get updates when other equipment owners don't here in the U.S. Some people just don't have the time to do all that andblet's face it some people just don't want to be bothered. If you give someone the means to just check and press update on phone or computer as oppose to research find download this that then upload this and that it is very time consuming. Not to mention if the person does not get it right than the problem begins. Ultimately causing loyal and potential BlackBerry owners to shop else where.

Posted via CB10
    I was just talking about people who have enough time to keep writing posts here about how upset they are. Instead of writing the posts they can just click on the download link and install the OS. People who don't have time to upload the new OS usually are people who don't have time to write posts also. I agree it will be great to have the option to go on the phone click check for update and just do it from there but if they are so frustrated and take time to write about they should just head to the OS link and download.

Mecca EL likes this.
    03-13-14 08:59 AM
    I was just talking about people who have enough time to keep writing posts here about how upset they are. Instead of writing the posts they can just click on the download link and install the OS. People who don't have time to upload the new OS usually are people who don't have time to write posts also. I agree it will be great to have the option to go on the phone click check for update and just do it from there but if they are so frustrated and take time to write about they should just head to the OS link and download.

Agreed

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 09:02 AM
    Well, for TMO customers some of us actually need the Wi-Fi calling ability. Can we continue to complain now or should we write our own?

I can not understand why if people want it so bad they just don't install it. It is available, it is easy, and it's not a leak, it is an official release from another carrier, that is NOT the same thing as a leak! Why do you complain so much? Just install it!

Posted via CB10
    Irish Blues likes this.
    03-13-14 09:13 AM
    QUOTE=bbream;10112898]How shall I put this, my patience and hope is gone.

AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon (and Sprint?) have been promising 10.2.1 updates for some time (some have yet to release 10.2.0).

Note: I realize you're probably referring to the OS update for your Q10, but the fact that Verizon released 10.2.1 (before most if not all other carriers) invalidates much of what you state below.

My belief is that it's not happening. And if it does, at this point it's pointless. I have read plenty of threads about particular US carriers toying with their customers about releasing the latest OS. But overall, it's clear. It doesn't matter what US carrier you have... the fact that you are in the US means you aren't getting the latest OS, whatever the reason.

I guess the discussion I'd like to spark is "why?" Why have AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile... yet to release 10.2.1? Does it have to do with the dominance of other devices in the US?.. or does it have to do with security/surveillance agreements between BB and the carriers/NSA/government..... who knows?

Note: Both of the suggestions immediately above are invalid, due to verizon's release of the update for the Z10.

Fact is, we are tired of waiting. And we deserve an explanation. Instead of discussing in these forums the potential reasons for individual US carriers refraining from releasing the update, let's question the reasoning as a whole. WHY IN THE F*** IS 10.2.1 NON EXISTENT IN UNITED STATES?

Note: This is not true.

And why has Chen not addressed this issue?

Note: I would say this should be the focus of those frustrated with the inconsistent roll out of OS updates. Until the straight-shooting savior of BlackBerry addresses this issue fully, it's pointless to assign any blame to the carriers. The next time you're on the phone with a BlackBerry rep who tells you the OS was released to your carrier, ask if there are any known issues with the testing that may be holding up the carrier's release. If you don't have all of the facts, how can you blame the carrier. As a Verizon customer I know the frustration of delayed OS releases (never received 10.2.0 or an MR prior to that). I also never had to experience the 10.2 issues many discussed in these forums. As for the MR, I never had the issues that necessitated this 10.1 follow-up. Some say it's carrier bloatware that holds up the release. I guess this would include verizon's mobile app. This is one of my most used/important apps. If it doesn't work properly with the update, that's not the carriers fault.
    To make a long story longer, a response from Chen would be much more useful and informative, than the sensational conspiracy theories floating through these forums. But of course, that's only if you're seeking information rather than entertainment.

[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Genghis2k3; 03-13-14 at 09:22 AM. Reason: formatting response
    03-13-14 09:14 AM
    OP, yours is a well written post, I could not agree more.

I just bought a new Q10 via AT&T and it came with the 10.1.0.2030 software.
    I was hopeing for the newest version .
    03-13-14 09:16 AM
    I have a T-mobile phone that's unlocked and am using it on At&t. I just loaded my own 2102 and it's awesome!

So, if and when I receive the update, will it be coming from Tmo or At&t?

Sent from my BlackBeezy Q10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-13-14 09:28 AM
    I got the update on my z10 last month. Just put a leak on the z30 I got last night. I'm hoping Verizon will just hurry up with official upgrade. While the leaks work, it seems like the official upgrade tends to integrate with carrier stuff like online bill pay apps better for the carrier.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 09:39 AM
    Hahahaha were all good here in Canada. Feel it, Americans.. lol

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 09:40 AM
    When someone asks what the biggest difference is between BB, Android and iOS, you can refer them to this thread. You never, ever have to find out how to find and install an update yourself. It paints an ugly picture of what happens if you decide to go with BB instead of any other OS. People into Crackberry and the whole BB10 thing might find it easy and even interesting to mess around with installing the latest update. The general public wants nothing to do with finding an update online and then going through the hit or miss of installing it. They want a phone that gives them updates, not one that has them fishing for updates. It's so crazy, it's funny.
    03-13-14 09:44 AM
    cause someone like me depends on wifi calling. and me installing another os from another carrier means me losing that feature on the current OS im running, which mean. im not gonna be able to receive no phone calls, no text. ofcourse i can use the internet whatsapp, bbm etc. but i have people who dont like using bbm or whats app they rather stick to text.
    03-13-14 10:03 AM
    When someone asks what the biggest difference is between BB, Android and iOS, you can refer them to this thread. You never, ever have to find out how to find and install an update yourself. It paints an ugly picture of what happens if you decide to go with BB instead of any other OS. People into Crackberry and the whole BB10 thing might find it easy and even interesting to mess around with installing the latest update. The general public wants nothing to do with finding an update online and then going through the hit or miss of installing it. They want a phone that gives them updates, not one that has them fishing for updates. It's so crazy, it's funny.
    And that was my point precisely. Well, put.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 10:09 AM
    I personally don't mind loading leaks, but I feel for people who have a company BB10 phone because they are pretty much locked out of loading a leak.

Posted via CB10
    Techno-Emigre likes this.
    03-13-14 10:34 AM
    But why does Blackberry continue to ignore the US Carriers' refusal to release the update? I am constantly flooded with BB news about the new OS and the new features, directly from BB itself through social media and other means. Will BB address this issue you think or will it continue to ignore it? Also, why do US carriers lie as say they are testing it when they really aren't? Why not just say they aren't dedicating their resources so that BB users switch to other devices? Why keep egging us on? It all makes no sense.
    They are telling you that they are not dedicating the time to it in a very diplomatic way. This way they have an exit by saying that the OS has compatibility issues with their network and not look that bad although you cannot cry wolf too many times for too long.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-13-14 11:01 AM
    I just got my Z30 yesterday, which I ordered online from Verizon directly, and it came with 10.2.0.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 11:49 AM
    AT&T in the U.S. have NEVER prioritized Blackberry. I remember when I got my first BB - the original Bold - AT&T had an exclusive in the U.S., it was released in other countries, but AT&T spent an additional month or so 'testing' it before it got a U.S. release. AT&T released 10.1 later than everyone else, did not release 10.2, and we're still waiting on 10.2.1. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get released by AT&T at all. And even if it does, we'll be going through this same fiasco with 10.2.3, or 10.3, or whatever the NEXT one is...

I was (im)patiently waiting for AT&T to release 10.2.1 but gave up last weekend and loaded it via Sachesi. I'm never going to wait for AT&T again. It pains me that I have to do this, and agree with another poster that it shouldn't be necessary and will certainly put people of, but AT&T seem to have BlackBerry by the balls. Maybe once they could have flexed their muscle, but they are now such a small percentage I don't believe they have any leverage.

BlackBerry need to find a way to fix this. They need to be able to release updates on their own schedule, as Apple do. They need to get their devices back into stores, train sales people to know what they can do, and make sure the carriers are selling/supporting them. Otherwise they will continue to atrophy, and ultimately die. Pisses me off to say it, but that's the truth. The carriers are killing BB. Them and the Apple fanboys in the media...
    Techno-Emigre and privateeyes like this.
    03-13-14 12:00 PM
    My understanding for VZW is that there was a security vulnerability in the original 10.2.1 that was released and it is being fixed prior to Q10 and Z30 roll out. That is from Sith Apprentice. It also answers the larger question about rolling out software and why there is a lag between when BB wants to roll it out and when the carriers want to roll it out. I have loaded 10.2.2102 on to my Z30 via Sachesi and it was just about as easy as could be thanks to this site and the very supportive participants. I have not used any of the Android apps because I do not know if the vulnerability was fixed in this iteration but the other features are wonderful. I think if BB wants to control their updates (a la Apple) - and they should - then they need to step up their testing and not put out software that needs re-validation in the field. But I believe the answer as to why the US carriers seem reluctant to release this software is multi-faceted with the few number of BB users, the need to verify the software and the needed secondary support all feeding in to a very slow release of this software. In short, BB needs to put its big boy pants on and produce software that does not need large amounts of consumer support and needs to be able to provide all the support because the US carriers have a simple message in that they will do it when it is convenient for them - if ever.

JMHO
    03-13-14 12:04 PM
    03-13-14 12:11 PM
    Allow me to pitch in my two cents here. I really believe this is one of the last major hurdles Blackberry must get over before they can really start that long hard trek back into smartphone relevance and they must address it and be forthright with it . I have been a Blackberry supporter forever and I didn't install a leaked OS until the latest release of 10.2.1.2104 abroad and I decided after hoping and waiting on sprint that this was the last straw and I went for it and its was really simple without a single glitch running smoothly. This being said I am still strongly advocating the side of regular consumers who support or potentially could support Blackberry that this should not be an explanation or excuse for US consumers not having access to the latest updates Mr Chen and Blackberry need to come clean on this one .Do whatever it takes , get over this hurdle and regular customers can get a glimpse of the awesomeness of BB10 and maybe be willing to try it .
    03-13-14 12:24 PM
    I think that the "Leaks" are an attempt by BlackBerry to get their updates out without getting carrier approval.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-13-14 01:06 PM
    /thread
    dietertong and NinjaB like this.
    03-13-14 01:11 PM
    I think that the "Leaks" are an attempt by BlackBerry to get their updates out without getting carrier approval.

Posted via CB10
    If this is true then it is too opaque and indirect. Just make a webpage that says these are newer versions of software from the manufacturer and purchase Sachesi or similar. "Leaks" just distance Blackberry from their consumer/supporters. Just like not being able to find a Z30 at VZW and not being able to purchase from BB distances a loyal consumer fan base from the manufacturer.

Again, BB....time for the big boy pants.
    03-13-14 01:11 PM
103 1234 ...