How shall I put this, my patience and hope is gone.

AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon (and Sprint?) have been promising 10.2.1 updates for some time (some have yet to release 10.2.0).

My belief is that it's not happening. And if it does, at this point it's pointless. I have read plenty of threads about particular US carriers toying with their customers about releasing the latest OS. But overall, it's clear. It doesn't matter what US carrier you have... the fact that you are in the US means you aren't getting the latest OS, whatever the reason.

I guess the discussion I'd like to spark is "why?" Why have AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile... yet to release 10.2.1? Does it have to do with the dominance of other devices in the US?.. or does it have to do with security/surveillance agreements between BB and the carriers/NSA/government..... who knows?

Fact is, we are tired of waiting. And we deserve an explanation. Instead of discussing in these forums the potential reasons for individual US carriers refraining from releasing the update, let's question the reasoning as a whole. WHY IN THE F*** IS 10.2.1 NON EXISTENT IN UNITED STATES? And why has Chen not addressed this issue? And why does Blackberry continue to flaunt this new OS while knowing that an entire market has not received it?

Not a blogger, just a fed up BB loyalist.
    AT&T - Q10
    (Prior Torch, Bold (2), Curve (3))
    Techno-Emigre and hockeymom5 like this.
    03-13-14 01:20 AM
    Open Letter to BlackBerry CEO, John Chen: Software updates control your own destiny | CrackBerry.com

It seems that I'm not the only one that feels this way, right now, right here. Hopefully there is a response to this open letter.
    Techno-Emigre likes this.
    03-13-14 01:43 AM
    They don't want to spend resources testing an OS for a device that accounts for a small client base on they books. They also know that none of the other carriers have the update and, thus, we are a captive audience with nowhere to go.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 02:09 AM
    But why does Blackberry continue to ignore the US Carriers' refusal to release the update? I am constantly flooded with BB news about the new OS and the new features, directly from BB itself through social media and other means. Will BB address this issue you think or will it continue to ignore it? Also, why do US carriers lie as say they are testing it when they really aren't? Why not just say they aren't dedicating their resources so that BB users switch to other devices? Why keep egging us on? It all makes no sense.
    03-13-14 02:15 AM
    John Chen needs to respond to his customers

Developer of AutoCrop Scanner
    03-13-14 02:21 AM
    BlackBerry must address this issue or count itself out completely from the US market. It should never have gone this far.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 02:33 AM
    I have gone to leaks, but, there's so many that won't and shouldn't have to! How can you try and sell a phone this amazing to a friend and then turn around and say.... "oh I can do this! but unless you buy one and go online and download a leaked OS and install it yourself, you can't do any of it!" It's almost like everyone is OK with no blackberry phones in the US and I hate it. Such a wonderful phone and I will probably have to buy one of those other phones one day all because our carriers couldn't release an OS update for there customers.

Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 and Techno-Emigre like this.
    03-13-14 02:49 AM
    Same here. I bought a second hand Tmobile Q10 while I'm on At&t.

I have unlocked it, and have turned to leaks and CB to get me the best experience. Currently running. 2141.

I came back to BlackBerry when the Q10 launched, but left due to the lack of apps (plus sideloading was a PITA) and software.

Now that I'm back, it's a much better experience if you take a little time and do stuff yourself. Our carriers don't seem to care much?

Sent from my BlackBeezy Q10
    03-13-14 03:16 AM
    To those who are skeptical and suggesting US carriers are lying to us....i can't see why they would do that.

For example, tmobile in the US have said they are working on the issues with BlackBerry and, while their target dates have all come and gone, I can't imagine why they would tell us they will release it if they weren't in fact going to do so. Remember, now that tmobile got rid of annual contracts, every one of their customers can walk away from them at any time.

My view is the US carriers have reduced resources being applied to BlackBerry because of the very small numbers of users - but they WILL release it when their smaller than of testers complete the testing (along with however many fixes they have to wait for BlackBerry to provide as they find bugs)

Posted via CB10
    Techno-Emigre likes this.
    03-13-14 04:19 AM
    My Z10 on Verizon got the 10.2.1.537 update last night. Over Wifi.

Your argument is invalid

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 07:17 AM
    [QUOTE=lcfut;10113487]My Z10 on Verizon got the 10.2.1.537 update last night. Over Wifi.

Your argument is invalid

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE

Most on Verizon have had this for a month already though. The person who posted might be talking about the MR that is out in a lot of places already

Posted via CB10
    slotime likes this.
    03-13-14 07:31 AM
    Just checked. T mobile is still 10.1. Would other Verizon users care to check in? I am going to give T mobile another few months and if they don't come up with something move to ATT.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 07:34 AM
    I have the update for Verizon. So do many others. I think it's on the way for everyone else but it isn't priority.
    milo53 likes this.
    03-13-14 07:40 AM
    My Z10 on Verizon got the 10.2.1.537 update last night. Over Wifi.

Your argument is invalid

Posted via CB10
    Huh?...You just got the VZW Z10 update last night that has been available since late December??? Also, the OP is specifically referring to his Q10 and the US carriers not delivering a 10.2.1 OS update (same for Z30) when other countries have been on it for a while. Given that...I don't have much sympathy for the OP due to the fact there are sources in the CB forums for the latest official OS for all OS10 devices. Who cares what the carriers are doing? Take control of your device and and load the latest "official" (they're not leaks) release through an autoloader or Sachesi...all available through CB! Why waste time beating a dead horse....?
    diegonei and jaydee5799 like this.
    03-13-14 07:46 AM
    VZ Q10 owner still waiting for the excuses to end
    angieberry10 likes this.
    03-13-14 07:46 AM
    Just checked. T mobile is still 10.1. Would other Verizon users care to check in? I am going to give T mobile another few months and if they don't come up with something move to ATT.

Posted via CB10
    My friends on T-MOBILE in Atlanta area received 10.2.1 a week ago so I am confused. Plus I've read here on CB where others on T-MOBILE received an update around same time.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 07:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    I read that T mobile devices have a phone usage over WiFi option and that a specific OS is in the works and being developed to accommodate that feature.
    03-13-14 07:52 AM
    I got 10.2.1 on my z10 a few weeks ago on Verizon, but since getting my z30 two weeks ago I am stuck again on 10.2.0.
    03-13-14 07:56 AM
    I am now getting the 10.2.1.2102 download OTA on my unlocked z10 on T-MOBILE.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 07:59 AM
    About a month ago now I plugged my unlocked Z30 into Link with sim card and got the 10.2.1.537 download but could get nothing for my Z10 which is locked. Have AT&T service.

Posted via CB 10 on Z30
    03-13-14 07:59 AM
    To those who are skeptical and suggesting US carriers are lying to us....i can't see why they would do that.

For example, tmobile in the US have said they are working on the issues with BlackBerry and, while their target dates have all come and gone, I can't imagine why they would tell us they will release it if they weren't in fact going to do so. Remember, now that tmobile got rid of annual contracts, every one of their customers can walk away from them at any time.

My view is the US carriers have reduced resources being applied to BlackBerry because of the very small numbers of users - but they WILL release it when their smaller than of testers complete the testing (along with however many fixes they have to wait for BlackBerry to provide as they find bugs)

Posted via CB10
    You can't see US carriers lying?
    What they say and do is very different indeed.
    03-13-14 08:02 AM
    For people who are on Crackberry I think they have more then enough guidance to figure out how to download the newest OS from this site. Just search for the OS , open the thread , find the link matching your phone, download the OS. Backup your phone thru Link, then just unzip the file downloaded and with the phone connected to the PC click on the unzipped file. Will take 5 min to have the new OS on the phone.
    People who don't know about Crackberry or have a Mac computer I understand they don't have the new OS on their phone but people with PC's who are Crackberry members have no excuse. I think takes less time to upload the new OS instead of writing about how upset you are because you don't have it. Think this way - Crackberry represents right now the direct 10.2.1 OS link from BlackBerry to the user bypassing the carriers.

Visit my BBM Channel C000E96F6
    03-13-14 08:04 AM
    I can not understand why if people want it so bad they just don't install it. It is available, it is easy, and it's not a leak, it is an official release from another carrier, that is NOT the same thing as a leak! Why do you complain so much? Just install it!

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 08:05 AM
    My fiance and I are both on T-mobile in the US and I got my update weeks ago to 10.2.1 and she just got hers last week.
    03-13-14 08:16 AM
    I am a Sprint customer and got tired of hearing next month etc. I had to have my Q10 replaced because of a speaker problem. When the phone arrived, I went to the store to exchange the phone and found that one employee out of eight currently in the place knew how to program the new phone. I ended up doing it myself. Shortly after, I loaded 10.2. I am extremely pleased with the performance. Stop being sheep, and load it yourself.

Posted via CB10
    36dbldz likes this.
    03-13-14 08:17 AM
103 123 ...