I started downloading the 10.2.1 update for my BB Q5 via OTA and it fail due to low memory but the fact is i have more than 1.8 GB free memory in my phone.
    than later I started updating my phone using BB link which worked well till 60%, I tried many times but as soon as I reach 70% update fail and I have to restart the update which again starts from 60%, I tried it for more than 10 times and now really tired and frustrated 10.2.1 update errors-untitled.jpg

what to do and how to update my phone???? pls for god sake help me

Thanks
    01-29-14 07:33 AM
    To be safe, clear up your device memory as much as possible.

Eg. Transfer all media stored on the device storage to your PC and delete it from your device.

Optional : Uninstall unwanted apps and games.

You also may want to perform a backup first in case anything goes wrong with the update.

Posted via CB10
    mrfaisal likes this.
    01-29-14 07:38 AM
    I have uninstalled almost all the apps but still the same problem btw their are no media in my device its totally empty
    wht to do pls hlp
    01-29-14 07:43 AM
    I download several of those $.99 movies back when they had the sale... most were pretty big file - especially for a mobile device, really should have had options for file/quality preferences. Anyway they quickly seemed to fill my device up, even though it showed I had at least a GB left on my SD Card and 5GB onboard memory. Then when I connected to LINK I would get all kinds of memory full messages. I had to move most of those movies to my computer, but I still got those errors. The only way I stopped them was a new leak came out and after install it those memory full errors went away.
    mrfaisal likes this.
    01-29-14 07:48 AM
    so any help ? regarding the update for 10.2.1?
    01-29-14 08:02 AM
    so any help ? regarding the update for 10.2.1?
    Ok first backup your device with BlackBerry Link since there are chances that upgrade might failed.

Disable PIN lock because there is a known issue with the boot startup time with PIN lock enable.

Try OTA update with your wifi or your mobile data if you prefer that.

If still failed you might want to use sachesi and download the debrick images for Q5 OS and radio. Extract both BAR files with 7-zip or any archiver and combine both signed files and make an autoloader with sachesi.

FYI, I never update my device either via BlackBerry Link or OTA. Sachesi method is my preferred option to install new OS.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 08:18 AM
    thank! but right now the download completed and the installation process has started, I really hope it completes successfully with out any problem.
    once again thanks for your awesome and Instant reply
    01-29-14 08:27 AM
    thank! but right now the download completed and the installation process has started, I really hope it completes successfully with out any problem.
    once again thanks for your awesome and Instant reply
    Cool. Somehow if the device stuck at 100% after booting, you might want to plugged it to the power source and straight away go to sleep. It could take hours to take you to the home screen. Depends on your luck. Just don't pull out the battery or switching off your device.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 08:37 AM
    Update took 4 hours with 1 mbps internet speed. Thank god it's done, but I cannot find any radio in my BlackBerry Q5
    01-29-14 11:17 AM
    My phone functionality is dead! So freaking out. I can place a call and receive a call, but neither of us hear Anything. I don't even hear the slight change when the earpiece kicks in and you hear a light buzz. and my alarm clock didnt go off this morning, to top it all off.

Any tips, or anyone else getting this?
    01-29-14 11:49 AM
    My phone functionality is dead! So freaking out. I can place a call and receive a call, but neither of us hear Anything. I don't even hear the slight change when the earpiece kicks in and you hear a light buzz. and my alarm clock didnt go off this morning, to top it all off.

Any tips, or anyone else getting this?
    Neeeevermind, I freaked out before thinking to do a simple restart. All's well..
    01-29-14 12:29 PM