It's a little thing, but this last upgrade kept a client for Blackberry. We have several BB10 devices at work here. One of my co-workers loved his Q10 but wanted an Instagram App. He didn't seem interested in trying out the Instagram compatible apps that were native to BB10 and was ao nthe edge of gettign an iPhone, even though he really loved having the keyboard and was retty satisfied with the Q10.

I had told him the upgrade would allow runnig nof many Android apps and that odds might be that he coudl instal Instagram fror Android after the upgrade. We got the upgrade Tuesday and as soon as that was installed he got the Android Instagram App and is keeping the Q10.

Every little bit helps!

(BTW I never had Instagram but also got it and downloaded it as well and postedmy first instagram photo yesterday.)

..Tom
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    01-30-14 10:51 AM
    It's a little thing, but this last upgrade kept a client for Blackberry. We have several BB10 devices at work here. One of my co-workers loved his Q10 but wanted an Instagram App. He didn't seem interested in trying out the Instagram compatible apps that were native to BB10 and was ao nthe edge of gettign an iPhone, even though he really loved having the keyboard and was retty satisfied with the Q10.

I had told him the upgrade would allow runnig nof many Android apps and that odds might be that he coudl instal Instagram fror Android after the upgrade. We got the upgrade Tuesday and as soon as that was installed he got the Android Instagram App and is keeping the Q10.

Every little bit helps!

(BTW I never had Instagram but also got it and downloaded it as well and postedmy first instagram photo yesterday.)

..Tom
    iGrann FTW. Native and Beautiful.

No clumsy, unintuitive, messy looking Android UI
    01-30-14 12:44 PM
    Good to hear,.... BB users need to get word out...
    01-30-14 01:03 PM
    iGrann FTW. Native and Beautiful.

No clumsy, unintuitive, messy looking Android UI
    Which is better for Blackberry:

Clumsy unintuitive, messy Android app and Customer?

Native and Beautiful and no customer?

..Tom
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-01-14 08:59 AM
    Which is better for Blackberry:

Clumsy unintuitive, messy Android app and Customer?

Native and Beautiful and no customer?

..Tom
    Actually igrann is better in some way compared to official instagram app except misses a few features which are coming in nearby future . And no customers what do you mean(both app are linked to same instagram server.you can say both are same apps operating in same server but with different name and platform . )..i know this is the your first instagram usage but still....

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 09:14 AM
    Actually igrann is better in some way compared to official instagram app except misses a few features which are coming in nearby future . And no customers what do you mean(both app are linked to same instagram server.you can say both are same apps operating in same server but with different name and platform . )..i know this is the your first instagram usage but still....

Posted via CB10
    If he couldn't put Instagram on his BB he was quite adament that he would get an iPhone. So no actual Instagram would mean one less customer for Blackberry.

..Tom
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-01-14 09:26 AM
    If he couldn't put Instagram on his BB he was quite adament that he would get an iPhone. So no actual Instagram would mean one less customer for Blackberry.

..Tom
    I think you misinterpreted what he actually meant to say. 3rd party instagram apps recently started showing up in BlackBerry world with the first one coming in late December .it could be that the time he wanted to load instagram apps was pre December. If you're friend likes his blackberry device and instagram a lot then ask him to give native igrann a shot(wouldn't pain if he has 2 instagram apps ).if he agrees,install and fells that app is incomplete just tell him that app is just a head start and plenty of features are coming soon .

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 10:00 AM

..Tom
    Actually Tom, you can have both. The actual Instagram app with its original clumsy, frustrating and messy Android UI, or a Native BlackBerry App called iGrann. One can be downloaded via Amazon's app store, or in BlackBerry World. And heck with one extra step and absolutely no skill required one can put snap one their device and have access to it via Google Play, complete with update notifications etc.

Options, options, option my little green friend.

Keep stretching though.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 07:07 AM