Am always interested where people get these ideas... never ever saw any announcement stating you can use Google Play on the BB 10 series phones..... People seem to want to believe things even when they so not exist.... Simply download snap... solves most issue..... not to rain on the OP parade but not all Andoid apps are going to work... just to take the sting out of the next great disappointment....
    What I think I was exicted about with the new OS, was I wouldn't have to sideload ,not being familiar with Android and their app store and other stores I got lost in the crowd,Now I realize I won't be able to get all their apps ,
    01-28-14 09:21 AM
    Good lord...

Well lucky for you, you'll only have to sideload ONCE. Snap is fantastic, cant' speak for the others.

As one post already stated - you can't install paid apps, yet.
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    01-28-14 09:26 AM
    The fact that you don't have to side load is not diminished by the fact that you can't install Google play. There are many android app stores available out there, if you have been on crackberry finding out about the Google play direction you believe was happening, then I'm sure you must have came across posts for these other Android app markets. Just follow the links, download the file and open it, and it will install. After this you have access to the android apps, just a disclaimer though that not every app will work

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    01-28-14 09:39 AM
    01-28-14 10:07 AM
    Have people got the Amazon store up and running on today's release?

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 10:09 AM
    What I think I was exicted about with the new OS, was I wouldn't have to sideload ,not being familiar with Android and their app store and other stores I got lost in the crowd,Now I realize I won't be able to get all their apps ,
    Please. stop. read this:

Go to google.com
    type: 1mobile

choose "download the appstore"

that's it.
    you'll have access to MOST of android apps.
    01-28-14 10:10 AM
    I thought it was a done deal,just around the corner with the update that we all have been waiting for.Was it all smoke and mirrors or is it coming soon.
    Uh, how exactly did you become convinced of this?
    Where did you read it was a done deal? Did Google or BlackBerry make some kind of announcement?

C001B7B16 The Gif Exchange
    Just from hanging out here on CB,I thought that was the direction they were headed
    Too much paying attention to over excited fans and not enough critical thinking and reading official sources.

One thing that you have to be careful of on CB is that some people will jump on anything they see as a BlackBerry promise to fix their personal pet peeve. One of the officially announced features of the upgrade was this:
    Automatic Software Updates - OS updates can be set to happen automatically over a Wi-Fi� connection to help ensure you�re always benefiting from the latest and best possible customer experience.
    When disclosed at the press event in Malaysia many took it to mean that BlackBerry would be pushing the update directly. Reading from the pres release copy, however, it is pretty clear that what they have done is allow the user to auto-update the OS to the latest available (from their carrier) when they are on Wi-Fi. I wasn't at the event so I don't know how clear the announcement was, or wasn't. The idea that BlackBerry was going to start directly pushing updates got enough traction that people were disappointed when it didn't happen. Similar to what happened to the OP.
    01-28-14 10:35 AM
    Folks need to read things more carefully and understand what it means.

CB10 via Verizon Z10. 10.2.1.1925
    01-28-14 10:41 AM
    Just from hanging out here on CB,I thought that was the direction they were headed
    They said you could directly install android apps from whatever source you choose. That does not mean Google play store is coming to blackberry, though it may come at some point.

C001B7B16 The Gif Exchange
    01-28-14 11:30 AM
    Official update is lower than 1055 so it's not going to work

Posted via CB10
    I thought it was 1925 not 537.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-28-14 01:18 PM
    Installed Chrome but when I open the programme, it is not responding. Anyone know what's is going wrong?
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 01:52 PM
    I just downloaded the Amazon App Manager natively through the browser and then Netflix via the Amazon App Manager. Both are working flawlessly. Nice job BB! If Google won't Play nice, don't use Google.
    01-28-14 02:05 PM
    OK I use snap to download app but it just stays on processing and doesn't install. I think it was a bad update I pulled battery and still same.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 02:08 PM
    Same problem here.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using CB Forums mobile app
    01-28-14 02:18 PM
    Chrome won't work as it uses Google Play Services. Any apps that require Google Play Services won't work. They may install, load and partly work but as soon as you try a function that calls Google play services it will either crashes or pop up a message indicating that Google PS is required.
    01-28-14 02:23 PM
    What you find on CB is many people speculating to the point of evangelism and then when it doesn't happen they play the "where did the dumb *** get that idea from card". Anyway, no Google play = fewer sales..
    01-28-14 02:28 PM
    I love my Z10 after the upgrade. Any experience with the battery life after the upgrade?

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 03:21 PM
    I was convinced that with the new update we would have the ability to download apps from the Google app store,when is it coming?BB needs this as we all know, it will be a game changer.
    It will ... but it will also mean BlackBerry will have zero income from selling apps as well as in-app sales.
    Only Samsung is making a good profit from Android ... and of course Google from their 30% cut of all app sales.
    01-28-14 03:36 PM
    Sideload Snap. How does BlackBerry convince Google to open up their app store to the competition?
    That's a drag! Ran into the same issue when I bought my Kindle. All excited for the Google Apps except that a) There was only Amazon's app store; and b): Google blocked the Kindle from Google Play. Probably helped prepare me for this issue unfortunately
    01-28-14 03:54 PM
    It will ... but it will also mean BlackBerry will have zero income from selling apps as well as in-app sales.
    I don't think BlackBerry really makes income from apps anyway. No one really does ... even Apple mostly has it as a cost-recovery. Even though they get 30% of pay apps, that's offset by all the free apps that are downloaded, the testing costs, server costs, credit card costs etc. It's a cost of doing business in this game.

Only Samsung is making a good profit from Android ... and of course Google from their 30% cut of all app sales.
    Good makes money off search. The reason they did Android (and develop it for free) was not to make money off it directly, but rather to protect their handsome desktop search ad revenue from being stolen by a mobile player.

It makes them a unique competitor - few products they do directly make money. Rather, they draw attention to Google for searching and increase the ad revenue.
    01-28-14 03:57 PM
    Please help I need a free android app. (grasshopper) the phoneservice

I must be off as ive tried.to down load the droid store to my q30 but it won't open I'm looking for a straight forwarded instruction

Do I down load the droid store.to my computer arrg

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 06:16 PM
    Please help I need a free android app. (grasshopper) the phoneservice

I must be off as ive tried.to down load the droid store to my q30 but it won't open I'm looking for a straight forwarded instruction

Do I down load the droid store.to my computer arrg

Posted via CB10
    Wait. What? Q30?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    01-28-14 06:36 PM
    Go to the Amazon app site. http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get/and...bUvbUpU9921477 Click and hold the bar asking you to download and install. Save it on your device. Click to install. Open app. Done.

Have fun.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 06:40 PM
    Nope doesn't work! Just goes into processing and nothing

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 11:56 PM
    Did hard reboot and it works now!

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 05:54 AM
50 12