Hi,
    For past 2 days I've been trying to figure out how to get my Yahoo mail woes solved, and tried everything anyone could have suggested.

It seems the problem is related to:
    - 10.2.0.424 update and how it handles IMAP
    - You can download and send email, but your read or delete statuses are not updated on the server.

There is no Yahoo specific error as I thought earlier (and many BB die hards liked to point at) as the IMAP works fine with other phones and desktop clients.
    There seem to be others who have also experienced IMAP issues when upgraded to 10.2.0.424.

Is there a way to downgrade back to the earlier release in an easy manner? The BB is useless for me if I cannot sync my emails properly. Now I need to go back to the computer every time to re-delete/update my inbox, which was the exact thing I wanted to avoid when I started using the BB.

How does one report this to blackberry and get some feedback of this if there is a workaround?

Ali
    11-14-13 03:48 AM
    Im getting the same issue.

I dont know how to fix. I dont want to downgrade nor delete my yahoo account in my Z10.

~ it's not a phone, it's a BlackBerry
    11-14-13 04:02 AM
    I run my own IMAP server, have a Z10 running 10.2.0.424 and can confirm that read and delete statuses are indeed sent to the server. I also have a Yahoo account. I just logged in using Yahoo web mail for the first time since I got my Z10 and confirmed that all the messages I have read and/or deleted on my Z10 have been reflected on my Yahoo account.

I don't know what the issue you are having, but it is not universal and is not because BB10 breaks IMAP.
    11-14-13 08:09 AM
    hmmm...I have a Q5 but that should really not be a reason.
    For Yahoo! mail, what settings does your mail account have?

I tried with both rim.imap.mail.yahoo.com as well as imap.mail.yahoo.com with the standard ports and same result i.e. no deletes or status updates.
    11-15-13 04:44 AM
    hmmm...I have a Q5 but that should really not be a reason.
    For Yahoo! mail, what settings does your mail account have?

I tried with both rim.imap.mail.yahoo.com as well as imap.mail.yahoo.com with the standard ports and same result i.e. no deletes or status updates.
    I just set it up as a Yahoo account. So what ever the defaults are.
    11-15-13 08:38 AM
    Take the references to rim off in your advanced settings for your account in the hub. It looks yahoo isn't supporting email from BlackBerry using those previous settings. When I went to help section of yahoo site and saw configuration for imap email it was exactly the same bar the .rim at the front. As soon as I removed that my yahoo account started receiving email again

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 01:34 PM
    Take the references to rim off in your advanced settings for your account in the hub. It looks yahoo isn't supporting email from BlackBerry using those previous settings. When I went to help section of yahoo site and saw configuration for imap email it was exactly the same bar the .rim at the front. As soon as I removed that my yahoo account started receiving email again

Posted via CB10
    Well if that works for you that is good. However see the attached screen shot. Besides, I thought you said you had BIS email. Why are you messing around with IMAP settings on the phone?

10.2.0.424 breaks IMAP and hence Yahoo mail!-img_00000193.png

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 03:56 PM
    i'm also on yahoo mail and i'm so disappointed in how Yahoo handles its IMAP as it has no PUSH whatsoever!

that's not BB10's problem, it's Yahoo's IMAP proprietary protocol's problem.
    11-16-13 04:13 PM
    Besides, I thought you said you had BIS email. Why are you messing around with IMAP settings on the phone?
    Lololololololol!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 06:31 PM
    Still no joy for me!

Let me repeat, the problem I have is only with delete and read statuses not being synced. I can still send/receive email on yahoo. So, the IMAP kinda works but not as it did before.

It was working fine before I upgraded to this latest BB10 release. But it could very much be a Yahoo issue or even something that my carrier Etisalat are doing? They are notorious to block stuff but I don't think they can selectively block certain IMAP commands only on same port - they would just block entire port 993.

Does anyone have any other IMAP server addresses or ports for yahoo that I should try?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 09:52 PM
    Well if that works for you that is good. However see the attached screen shot. Besides, I thought you said you had BIS email. Why are you messing around with IMAP settings on the phone?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000193.png 
Views:	246 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	221501

Posted via CB10
    He's using CB 10 app so how can he have BIS email?

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803 O2 UK
    11-18-13 05:43 AM
    He's using CB 10 app so how can he have BIS email?

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803 O2 UK
    Another good point.
    11-18-13 06:58 AM
    My latest hypothesis on this issue is that there is some cache/crap in the Hub which is causing the sync issue towards the Yahoo! mail account. Given I can use the mail without problems on my other Android phone, my Mac PC using IMAP, the fault does not lie at Yahoo's side.

Given I can read/send emails means the BB10 is talking with the IMAP server. However, the DELETE and STATUS (or whatever it is in IMAP) messages are not synching with the server, and this could be due to some mismatch in the UID being used in the Hub vs by the Yahoo IMAP server.

If I find a way to purge all the cache in the Hub (without having to factory reset the phone as I have 8 other email accounts too on same phone), then that would probably prove/disprove this hypothesis. Anyone know how to purge this cache?
    11-20-13 02:49 AM