I've found several threads that go exactly nowhere, discussing what sounds like the problem I'm seeing. Z10, upgraded to 10.1. After the upgrade, I'm finding the wifi connectivity is unreliable. Power up at home in the morning, my wifi network connection appears and evidently works. Off to work, I get there and will generally get a connection automatically to the wifi router there. If I leave and return, or go home, it' s unlikely I'll get a connection. Opening the wifi configuration to set it manually, I will see that my network is there, but if I 'connect', the system times out and I get an error about an authentication problem. After that, searching for wifi networks won't even show the networks around me. None of them are apparent. It's as if the wifi just loses it's receive capability and can't see anything around it.

I've given up trying to fix this... I'm 99% sure this is a 10.1 issue so I'm hoping an update will appear sooner than later to fix it. Boots are so slow I just don't bother rebooting. Power down at night, start again in the morning and repeat the process...

It would be nice to confirm I'm not the only one... I've come across one friend who admits to the same problem and have found the threads I alluded to above. But nothing that formally states there is a problem and nothing approaching a solution!
    06-13-13 12:21 AM
    I've found several threads that go exactly nowhere, discussing what sounds like the problem I'm seeing. Z10, upgraded to 10.1. After the upgrade, I'm finding the wifi connectivity is unreliable. Power up at home in the morning, my wifi network connection appears and evidently works. Off to work, I get there and will generally get a connection automatically to the wifi router there. If I leave and return, or go home, it' s unlikely I'll get a connection. Opening the wifi configuration to set it manually, I will see that my network is there, but if I 'connect', the system times out and I get an error about an authentication problem. After that, searching for wifi networks won't even show the networks around me. None of them are apparent. It's as if the wifi just loses it's receive capability and can't see anything around it.

I've given up trying to fix this... I'm 99% sure this is a 10.1 issue so I'm hoping an update will appear sooner than later to fix it. Boots are so slow I just don't bother rebooting. Power down at night, start again in the morning and repeat the process...

It would be nice to confirm I'm not the only one... I've come across one friend who admits to the same problem and have found the threads I alluded to above. But nothing that formally states there is a problem and nothing approaching a solution!
    Sorry to hear. Is this a leaked OS or official & from where? I will ask around to see if anyone I know is experiencing the same issue.
    06-13-13 12:26 AM
    10.1.0.273... nothing unusual! The friend I mentioned isn't technically inclined and her provider actually took the phone back for 'repairs'... she hates the thing now and is telling everyone.... :-/ I am quite technically inclined and this is baffling me... not sure how it can work, then decide simply not to later...
    06-13-13 12:34 AM
    10.1.0.273... nothing unusual! The friend I mentioned isn't technically inclined and her provider actually took the phone back for 'repairs'... she hates the thing now and is telling everyone.... :-/ I am quite technically inclined and this is baffling me... not sure how it can work, then decide simply not to later...
    Have you tried small steps of troubleshooting like deleting those connections, followed up by reboot, then reconnecting? I see a lot of posts on that just by searching 10.1.0.273 WIFI. There is obviously an issue with that OS version. Also a link to My personal investigation on Z10 OS 10.1.0.273 Wif... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums, which I assume is your (brock-n) reply at the bottom. If resetting the connections and reboots do not work, it seems the only route is an alternative OS version. That seemed to fix other's Z10 WIFI connection.
    06-13-13 12:51 AM
    The fact that the problem is random... it's a crap shoot whether it will roam back onto a 'known' access point or not... suggests it's a flakey issue with the OS. From a boot it will connect, without fail, but returning to a profile after roaming to another (home - office - home) is unreliable. The fact that *nothing* shows up in the list of available networks suggests to me that the issue isn't with any of the profiles... it's deeper than that likely within the wifi programming itself. If I was using a leaked OS, I could understand problems, but this is the one that was officially issued - it *should* work, and if it doesn't, BlackBerry absolutely *must* fix it... I'm not the only one!!
    06-15-13 12:55 PM
    Hmmm.... checked for updates on the phone today and was offered a 1MB update to 10.1.0.273. Which is the OS I'm running. I haven't deleted Facebook or any of those other apps that just keep coming back, so maybe there is a tweak contained in this update... I'll stay aware of how the wireless behaves.
    06-15-13 07:32 PM