Zombies, Run is not coming to BB10-img_00000146.png

If you can't see the picture:

"Thanks for your email, and for your interest in Zombies, Run! We currently have no plans to bring Zombies, Run! to BlackBerry, I'm afraid. If this changes at any point in the future, we'll be sure to announce it on our blog: http://blog.zombiesrungame.com

All the best,

Zombies, Run! Support."

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 06:31 AM
    Unfortunately, not particularly surprising.

Another one: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...kberry-828192/
    And some more: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...e-apps-827803/

Seems to me that BlackBerry (as a platform) is caught in a loop... developers don't want to support the platform because the user-base isn't large/lucrative enough, and consumers don't want to move to the platform because there aren't enough apps to make the move worthwhile.
    07-13-13 06:41 AM
    Oh well. Will play on my Nexus 7.

I didn't buy my BlackBerry Z10 for games.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 08:48 AM
    I didn't buy my BlackBerry Z10 for games.
    Not only is your post dismissive of the real issue, but it's an example of what's wrong with the BlackBerry platform these days. Your needs are fine for you, but they aren't indicative of the BlackBerry user-base as a whole. You may not want or care about certain apps, but you had better believe that others do care. Without those apps (even the ones that you deem worthless), people will have no choice but to think twice about moving to or sticking with the BlackBerry platform.
    Elite1 likes this.
    07-13-13 08:56 AM
    This sucks! They don't even wanna give us a try, is porting even that hard??

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 02:21 PM
    I'm not worried too much. All handheld devices have it hard the first year. Then business starts picking up. I seen it happen to the iphone when it first came out, android and windows. People seem to forget window 7 phone. Even with the Nintendo 3ds and sonys ps vita. They all sucked the first year then later bam best system.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    07-14-13 07:03 AM
    This sucks! They don't even wanna give us a try, is porting even that hard??

Posted via CB10
    Just take a note of who these developers are right now...and then if an when they come go to their competitors.

Z10in' since the Beginnin'
    07-14-13 02:44 PM
    Not only is your post dismissive of the real issue, but it's an example of what's wrong with the BlackBerry platform these days. Your needs are fine for you, but they aren't indicative of the BlackBerry user-base as a whole. You may not want or care about certain apps, but you had better believe that others do care. Without those apps (even the ones that you deem worthless), people will have no choice but to think twice about moving to or sticking with the BlackBerry platform.
    I don't mean to be dismissive at all.

All I'm saying is the Z10 is not meant to be a gaming machine and I don't think the vast majority of people who buy them care whether every game released is on the Z10.

Lots of good games available.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 09:40 PM
    All I'm saying is the Z10 is not meant to be a gaming machine...
    What does this even mean? Not meant to be a gaming machine? Why, then, does BlackBerry highlight the ability to play games on the Z10 as a feature? For that matter, why watch videos or listen to music with the Z10? Not a gaming machine...

...and I don't think the vast majority of people who buy them care whether every game released is on the Z10.
    This statistic is based on what research?

Lots of good games available.
    (1) Would those games be for a device that isn't designed to be a gaming machine? (2) Odds are that what you consider to be a good game, others don't. Likewise (and obviously) what others consider good, you don't. Thing is... it should be possible for everyone to find what they are looking for. Given the current app selection, however, we are a long way from that possibility.
    07-15-13 05:42 AM