i just got a new Z10. love it. my niece downloaded some free games from the 'Games' app over a wifi. i deleted them after she had finished. but this morning i found that they have returned. all of them. i can not see them in the list of downloaded apps in the blackberry world but i see a 'Games' app having been downloaded, which is odd as i thought that it is built-in with theZ10.
    05-27-13 03:53 AM
    Do a restart of your Z10 and they will disappear. I get the same thing too.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 04:01 AM
    You can try a device reset. (NOT the same as a restart.)
    Hold down your top button for about 30 seconds. Keep pressing it down, ignoring onscreen countdown and restart option, BB splashscreen, black screen, red LED, and BB splashscreen again. I hold down that button until I see the blue startup icon.

This is how you CB10, son!
    72bluebora likes this.
    05-27-13 10:24 AM
    thanks.
    just tried that. seems to have wiped them now.

although i am having new issue of all my contacts being wiped out earlier and not able to add accounts any more. i wonder if deleting those games earlier messed something up.
    05-27-13 10:57 AM
    Doubtful. You can do a selective Restore of Contacts with BB Link, but no idea how that works if your Contacts source is from an account sync. Mine are just local.

05-27-13 12:13 PM
    Elite1 how is a device restart different than a normal restart or battery pull?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 01:08 PM
    Elite1 how is a device restart different than a normal restart or battery pull?

Posted via CB10
    I don't know any meaningful technical reason for it. It's like a "deeper" restart, I guess.

BBRY doesn't explain it much, except to say it exists and how to do it.

It seems to be the penicillin of BB10, a broad spectrum cure-all. If I ever have to reboot, I typically just do a reset... because why not?
    Eric Shapiro likes this.
    05-31-13 06:36 PM
    1. Launch BlackBerry World
    2. Click My Apps
    3. Find the app you are looking to delete
    4.Press and hold that app and click the delete option
    5.You will be prompt with 3 options. Uninstall,delete,cancel. Delete will do the trick!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 07:35 AM
    You can try a device reset. (NOT the same as a restart.)
    Hold down your top button for about 30 seconds. Keep pressing it down, ignoring onscreen countdown and restart option, BB splashscreen, black screen, red LED, and BB splashscreen again. I hold down that button until I see the blue startup icon.

When I hold down the top button, everything you mentioned happens except for the z10 booting up again. I have to release and push the top button again for the phone to turn on.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 12:49 PM
    Just firmly hold it down for a while longer and it will perform the reset.

06-01-13 12:53 PM
    I wish there is a video since it's not working for me
    08-28-13 04:36 PM
    i just got a new Z10. love it. my niece downloaded some free games from the 'Games' app over a wifi. i deleted them after she had finished. but this morning i found that they have returned. all of them. i can not see them in the list of downloaded apps in the blackberry world but i see a 'Games' app having been downloaded, which is odd as i thought that it is built-in with theZ10.
    Delete or uninstall from app world, by going to your installed app and hold down the app/game you want to delete/uninstall and you will get an option to either delete or uninstall the app/game, does the trick without needing to reboot your phone.
    08-28-13 09:57 PM
    Delete or uninstall from app world, by going to your installed app and hold down the app/game you want to delete/uninstall and you will get an option to either delete or uninstall the app/game, does the trick without needing to reboot your phone.
    Yes, usually.

But there are some users who have the app persist, whether indicated by icon reappearing after a restart or by still receiving alerts for app updates from BB World.
    Seems to happen mostly with Android ports, but not sure if it's exclusively those.

In such cases, the user has already deleted the app or game, so instructions on deleting an app or game isn't helpful for them.
    A device reset is the quick & easy fix.

09-02-13 01:54 AM
    I wish there is a video since it's not working for me
    Not much to it. You press down the device's top button ( i.e. the Lock button ) and keep pressing it down for maybe a minute.

Other method:
    Press & hold in the Volume Up & Down keys simultaneously. Disregard shutter sound as your BB takes a screenshot. Ignore black & white splashscreens. Keep pressing until you see the blue startup icon.

That work any better?

09-02-13 01:57 AM
    Yes, usually.

But there are some users who have the app persist, whether indicated by icon reappearing after a restart or by still receiving alerts for app updates from BB World.
    Seems to happen mostly with Android ports, but not sure if it's exclusively those.

In such cases, the user has already deleted the app or game, so instructions on deleting an app or game isn't helpful for them.
    A device reset is the quick & easy fix.

Oh, I see, I never had that happened before, but it's good to know that it happening to others.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 04:25 PM
    Thanks elite1!
    Here's my experience:
    I held the top button down until it completely shutoff and continued to hold for more than two minutes. It never restarted.
    I let go of the button and waited 10 seconds.
    I pressed the top button again and held until I saw the blue startup icon.
    The game was gone this time.
    Thanks again!
    01-14-14 04:31 PM
    Thanks elite1!
    Here's my experience:
    I held the top button down until it completely shutoff and continued to hold for more than two minutes. It never restarted.
    I let go of the button and waited 10 seconds.
    I pressed the top button again and held until I saw the blue startup icon.
    The game was gone this time.
    Thanks again!
    so do you have to let go and then press it again? If I hold it down, the phone never reboots but just keeps cycling between the BB logo and the red flashing light.

I just updated the CB app, but the cache wouldn't clear, and it was acting funny. I deleted it as mentioned above, but it is still showing up as installed in Blackberry World despite the icon being gone from the phone.

I have already tried the hard reset with the volume keys as well (although I don't hold those down until the phone is completely reloaded).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated so I don't have to download the Android version of CB!
    05-15-14 11:22 AM