One of my biggest surprises when I look in the app store is the absence of many of my favorite Playbooks games. I had assumed when Blackberry was porting, most Playbook apps would be ported also.

Anyone know if games like Tetris, Angry Birds (the other 3-4), Need for Speed, Dead Space etc etc will be coming?
    02-08-13 06:33 PM
    I was under the impression that the playbook apps would work on bb10...this is news to me
    02-08-13 06:55 PM
    I was under the impression that the playbook apps would work on bb10...this is news to me
    They got to be resubmitted by the developer for it to work on the Z10.

They can also resubmit any game as a NEW app so some will have to be repurchased, similar to what iOS and Android do with their iPad/Android tablet "HD" games that are not compatible with the iPhone/Android phone.
    02-08-13 10:59 PM
    All my Playbook apps show paid for when I download on the z10 but many are just not there.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 11:46 AM
    They got to be resubmitted by the developer for it to work on the Z10.

They can also resubmit any game as a NEW app so some will have to be repurchased, similar to what iOS and Android do with their iPad/Android tablet "HD" games that are not compatible with the iPhone/Android phone.
    I heard BB would be personally converting PB apps over to BB10, just as long as the dev had not specifically stated that they did not want their app ported... This is very interesting
    02-09-13 08:18 PM
    Guys prepare yourselves to be charged again... a lot of apps and games we purchased in PlayBook require you to pay them again when downloading from BB10 BlackBerry AppsWorld...
    02-13-13 08:28 PM
    So far they have all been free to reload for me. So far anyway..

02-13-13 09:13 PM
    Guys prepare yourselves to be charged again... a lot of apps and games we purchased in PlayBook require you to pay them again when downloading from BB10 BlackBerry AppsWorld...
    no they dont need re purchasing. i went on Blackberry world via my laptop signed in and changed my device to the Z10 and most of my Playbook apps were ready to download free of charge.
    02-16-13 10:05 AM
    Yes, some if them... try Plants vs Zombies, Paper Camera, Groove notes, Vault, ect...

02-16-13 12:18 PM
    As long as the names remain same for the game in Blackberry World, I don't think they will be charged again on Z10 if you have already purchased it on playbook.
    But its developer's choice to make the name different like Bla Bla for BB10, etc to make the users pay again.
    I noticed same developer choice in iPad/iPhone games also.
    I don't think BBRY can do anything here.
    02-16-13 07:49 PM
    Its totally up to the developer. BlackBerry has nothing to do with this. X-labs is an example of a dev who chose to make one pay for apps that they bought for PLAYBOOK all over again for BlackBerry10.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    col_oddball likes this.
    02-16-13 07:53 PM
    Yes it's totally up to the devs.
    I bought a couple games recently that gave access on both PB and Z10: Pocket Ninjas and SnowBomber.

It's assumed that EA will be charging you again for PvsZ. They'll be bringing a bunch of new games too, previously unavailable on any BB.

Gameloft has several titles coming too, but like EA's list they'll be mostly new games to BB.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 06:13 AM
    As a dev, I can tell you that not all Playbook games will work on BB10. If the devs aren't doing their bits, the games might never work on BB10 (different os/screen size). It isn't a lot of work but sometimes, you have to fix some stuff if you hard-coded screen resolution for example. Because I am new to BlackBerry development, all my games work on Playbook and BB10 from the start (and you need to purchase them only once to enjoy them on all devices)

My games: BlackBerry World
    JC
    02-19-13 07:32 AM
    What happens if our PlayBook is upgraded to BB10, do we need to purchase again those games and apps we bought to Z10 or Q10?

I mean, developers can have the same reason that they need to rewrite the games or apps for BB10 PlayBook Version.

And the "sofa" reasoning is still valid on that case...

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 10:46 AM