Been playing around for a while, found a bug. If you enable Threaded Video ( which really helps while playing PS1 games ), and restart RetroArch, next time you open it it does nothing, controls/touchscreen doesn't work. It's like it hangs or interface doesn't update. Just freezed, only editing retroarch config and setting ThreadedVideo to false helps.
    01-09-17 05:54 AM
    Hum what is retroArch ?

Posted via CB10
    01-09-17 06:07 AM
    Been playing around for a while, found a bug. If you enable Threaded Video ( which really helps while playing PS1 games ), and restart RetroArch, next time you open it it does nothing, controls/touchscreen doesn't work. It's like it hangs or interface doesn't update. Just freezed, only editing retroarch config and setting ThreadedVideo to false helps.
    Yeah, modifying setting while playing a rom also crashes/freezes the emulator... I was trying to change the settings twice and It freezes just by opening them more than once.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-17 08:07 AM
    Thanks OP. It's still quite buggy though. BTW - where's the source?

Via Pasta CB10
    01-09-17 11:55 AM
    I just submitted the 1.3.6.3 code as a pull request on GitHub, so we're a step closer to it hitting mainline. Hooray!

Also, can anyone tell me how to make collapsed text on here? The OP is getting real long, and I'd like to tidy it up a bit.

Well many many issues with the Classic:

The touchscreen doesn't respond very well it's like the program doesn't fit or something, the back key minimizes the emulator instead of going back while on the menu... the trackpad is useless, won't work at all.
    Interesting, that's definitely not what I expected.

Can you elaborate on how the touchscreen is responding? Is it scrolling slower than expected? Sounds like the screen DPI is failling to report and triggering the fallback behavior.

For the back key, are we talking minimizes as in minimizing the app and taking you back to the homescreen? Also, the menu key- does that work as expected?

And with the trackpad, can you try binding it to a button in the input menu? It's configured to emit the up/down/left/right arrow keys by default, but it looks like the changes I made to the default keyboard map have stopped them from controlling the menu. Also, does clicking it do anything? That should emit a return keypress.

General issue, while playing Super Mario Bros it won't recognized 3 keys pressed at the same time, I managed to fix this by changing the letters but... for some reason "A" and "S" won't work while pressed with other 2 keys at the same time.

I'll report back with more for the Z30 (at the moment it's the same you can't press 3 keys at the same time).
    This is unfortunately a hardware-level issue that you'll experience on most (if not all) phones with physical keyboards, similar to PC keyboards that don't have N-key rollover. The only real solution is to rebind the keys to ones that register properly when pressed simultaneously.
    I've been trying to come up with a good set of default binds that don't exhibit this, but all the combinations I've tried so far feel really awkward when playing on my passport. I'll give it some more thought.

Also, I don't understand what you mean when you say the Z30 is the same since it's an all touch device. Do you mean that this issue also applies to the gamepad overlay?

Good catch, I assumed that threaded video applied upon changing the setting (as the others do). I can reproduce the same issue on my Passport, so I'll add it to my to-do list.

Hum what is retroArch?
    A multi-platform multi-emulator frontend that can play retro games. NES, SNES, MegaDrive, PS1, you name it, so long as it's pre-PS2 era.

Thanks OP. It's still quite buggy though. BTW - where's the source?
    Do you have a specific bug to report, or are you simply summarising the last few posts?

Good call on the source, I'll add a link to the OP. I've been so busy working on it and preparing my pull request to the official mainline that I forgot to post a link. You can find it here.
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 01-09-17 at 03:28 PM.
    moosbb likes this.
    01-09-17 02:35 PM
    Actually I need to do some more testing ^^. Sorry, for chiming in so rudely. Didn't know you were on Github, that's great . Thanks again. ‎

Do you have a specific bug to report, or are you simply summarising the last few posts? Good call on the source, I'll add a link to the OP. I've been so busy working on it and preparing my pull request to the official mainline that I forgot to post a link. You can find it here.
    Via Pasta CB10
    01-09-17 02:54 PM
    So, I decided to sell my old Priv and grab myself a Classic off eBay. It should be here on Thursday, so providing things go smoothly any issues with it should be sorted over the weekend.

Actually I need to do some more testing ^^. Sorry, for chiming in so rudely. Didn't know you were on Github, that's great . Thanks again.
    No worries. Pull requests are always welcome if you plan to jump in and tweak some code!
    01-09-17 03:32 PM
    I will make a video of the issues

Posted via CB10
    01-09-17 08:24 PM
    Unfortunately there's going to be a delay on the next update- the Classic arrived, but the seller had listed the wrong model so it needs to be returned. I've got a replacement en route, but it won't arrive until next week.

I did manage to do a bit of testing and have figured out what was going on with the trackpad and navigation keys, but I need to figure out how to properly hook them up to gamepad events.

On a brighter note, my code got accepted into the RetroArch mainline! Still no official builds for now as I still need to make it compatible with the buildbot, but progress is being made.
    01-14-17 10:10 AM
    Unfortunately there's going to be a delay on the next update- the Classic arrived, but the seller had listed the wrong model so it needs to be returned. I've got a replacement en route, but it won't arrive until next week.

I did manage to do a bit of testing and have figured out what was going on with the trackpad and navigation keys, but I need to figure out how to properly hook them up to gamepad events.

On a brighter note, my code got accepted into the RetroArch mainline! Still no official builds for now as I still need to make it compatible with the buildbot, but progress is being made.
    Wow! Thanks again for your efforts!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-17 10:37 AM
    That's fantastic news, and indeed, thank you for all your efforts c:
    01-14-17 05:42 PM
    Bump

Thanks Shifty!
    01-20-17 10:36 PM
    Is it possible to use all keyboard on q10? I use azerty keyboard and i dont know how i can defin it

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 08:50 AM
    Is it possible to use all keyboard on q10? I use azerty keyboard and i dont know how i can defin it
    I don't have an AZERTY Q10 to test with, but judging by the way the QWERTZ Classic behaved it should work fine.

You can remap the keys by tapping the cog in the bottom-right of the menu, then going to Input -> Input User 1 Binds.
    01-22-17 10:55 AM
    Is there support for Moga controllers?

Edited part: I tested it, Just like the Android version, it wont recognize the moga totally, the joypads arent usable like L2,R2 and Select button, that and multiple crashes, but considering that this is a "beta" (for saying it in other way) is Just normal, thanks for the efforts
    Last edited by JohnKCG; 01-22-17 at 12:22 PM.
    01-22-17 11:15 AM
    Hi, it would be helpful specially for pcsx-r to add the multi button option to assign more than one key operation to 1 hardware button (e.g. Resident evil: R1+x in 1 hardware key or touch key)
    Last edited by Raffaele86; 02-06-17 at 04:23 AM.
    01-30-17 11:55 AM
    Thank you very much! Looking forward to adding the N64 core.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-17 05:14 PM
    Thank you very much. I'm going to try it right now!

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 04:53 AM
    Thank you very much. I'm going to try it right now!

Posted via CB10
    How can i setting the landscape?

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 10:06 AM
    I noticed that passport's keyboard does not work on emulators like fpse or mupen64 but works on your version of pcsxe-r, what's the issue with passport's keyboard? It would be great to know how you fix it to help the developers of fpse and mupen64 FZ that i contacted and they told they will try to fix it.
    02-06-17 04:40 AM
    Getting crashes sometimes if I swipe down from the top to access the menu. BlackBerry passport 10.3.3

Posted via CB10
    02-07-17 06:39 PM
    [Unofficial Release] RetroArch 1.3.6 for BlackBerry 10-img_20170212_152204.pnglooking forward to adding the landscape.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-17 01:25 AM
    Hi there,

I was excited to install this new version on to my q10 last night. But I'm having trouble! The new version is so feature-rich that this dummy here is probably doing something wrong...

Could someone please supply some detailed step-by-step instructions on how to load up a core, and then load up a game? Basically instructions from the point when you open up RetroArch to when you get to playing a game.

This sounds really simple, but when I try I cannot actually see the game file in the directory on my SD card (even though I know it is there, and it definitely worked on an old version of RetroArch). I know I'm doing something wrong... but don't know where I messed up... ugh..

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-17 09:27 PM
    Quick question, is there anyway to get my saves from the old retroarch to the new one? They are not states, but actual saves in game, Thanks for any help. It looks great so far!
    02-13-17 02:31 PM
    Hi there,

I was excited to install this new version on to my q10 last night. But I'm having trouble! The new version is so feature-rich that this dummy here is probably doing something wrong...

Could someone please supply some detailed step-by-step instructions on how to load up a core, and then load up a game? Basically instructions from the point when you open up RetroArch to when you get to playing a game.

This sounds really simple, but when I try I cannot actually see the game file in the directory on my SD card (even though I know it is there, and it definitely worked on an old version of RetroArch). I know I'm doing something wrong... but don't know where I messed up... ugh..

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure you are in the directory external_sd? Thats your actual SD card not /sd. So navigate to /sd ad go down the list to external_SD and there you should be able to find your games.
    02-13-17 02:36 PM
102 1234 ...