I'm happy to announce the release of a PlayStation emulator for BlackBerry 10, PCSX-ReARMed-BB. This is a redone version of the PlayBook port, with a Cascades front-end.

New Features
    1. Boxart Scraping
    2. Load roms from SD card
    3. Keyboard Support
    4. Touch analog stick support
    5. Enhanced resolution setting
    6. In-game disc swapping
    7. Gamepad Support

Current Version: 1.0.0.7
    Released: March 11th 2013
    Download Link: PCSX-ReARMed-BB

Q10 Beta: 1.0.0.8
    Released: May 6th 2013
    Download Link: PCSX-ReARMed-BB

Known Issues
    1. When disc swapping, cancelling the picker will not resume the game. To resume, select the game you are currently playing.
    2. After using the in-game menu, you will need to touch the screen to use keyboard/gamepad again.

Change Log
    Rev: 1.0.0.7
    1. Fixed Gamepad support (tested with Wiimote).
    2. Added BIOS selection in settings.
    3. Added resume button after returning to menu from a game.
    4. Disc swap will now only open a file picker to pick a rom to switch to.

Rev: 1.0.0.6
    Download: PCSX-ReARMed-BB
    1. Fixed Boxart crash when game name not found.
    2. Fixed searching for games other than .bin/.cue.
    3. Fixed backwards Xa/CDDA settings.
    4. Fixed cross and circle button mapping swapped for keyboard/gamepad.
    5. Fixed issues with entering and leaving menu or disc swapping.
    6. Added initial Gamepad support (Untested, may explode).

Rev: 1.0.0.4
    Download: PCSX-ReARMed-BB
    1. Initial Release

Usage
    Download the bar from above. Side load it using your favorite tool such as DDPB.

Loading Games
    *Disclaimer: We will not help obtaining games or any other files. Search elsewhere.

1. Roms can be located anywhere, by default it starts at misc/pcsx-rearmed-bb/iso/ with a toggle to default to the SD card.
    2. The folder structure will be created during first run.
    3. Next, connect your Z10 to your computer or enable wireless sharing.
    4. Open "My Computer" and select the BlackBerry network drive.
    5. Navigate to misc/pcsx-rearmed-pb/iso/ (or elsewhere) and copy your legally obtained games here.
    6. For boxart, the rom should have the game name followed by extra info in brackets: Game Name(Other info like disc #, region, etc).bin
    7. The bin and cue must have the same base name (ie. file 1.bin, file 1.cue).
    8. If you rename the bin or cue file, you MUST open the .cue for edit, and rename which .bin it points to (case sensitive).
    9. Optional but highly recommended for maximum compatibility:
    10. Copy a PlayStation BIOS to misc/pcsx-rearmed-bb/bios with name "SCPH1001.BIN".

Launch PCSX-ReARMed-BB, select the ... button, pick your game and enjoy! Perform a swipe down gesture to bring down the menu to return to menu, save and load state, and disc swap.

Troubleshooting
    1. Ensure you've read, abide by and completely understand the above section.
    2. Games can take up to 30 seconds to load, be patient.
    3. Try running the .bin and the .cue if the other doesn't work.
    4. If one game has issues, try a more popular game or another image of the same game.
    5. If audio is having issues, try changing the audio settings.
    6. Some games do not support analog pads and may cause input to stop working (Final Fantasy 7 is one).

Source
    PCSX-ReARMed source: https://github.com/notaz/pcsx_rearmed
    PCSX-ReARMed-BB Source: https://github.com/CatalystG
    Touch Control Overlay: https://github.com/blackberry/TouchControlOverlay

Credits
    notaz (http://notaz.gp2x.de): Big thanks for providing the original emulator as well as helping resolve issues with the port.

Donate
    If you enjoyed the emulator and wish to donate, you can do so here: Donate

As usual, I'm not responsible for any damage or bad things that may come of using this.
    Last edited by Catalystg; 05-06-13 at 09:00 PM.
    02-23-13 04:40 PM
    Awesome! I don't know how I missed this yesterday when I grabbed the n64 emulator lol.

Thanks a ton!
    02-25-13 10:20 PM
    It seemed to have drifted down a bit before anyone noticed. Was wondering if people just preferred N64 :P

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 10:29 PM
    Once I copied over the bios, enabled enhanced textures and enabled Frame skip to always on, everything has been working great! Loading performance is pretty good on the SDCard as well.

I think the audio settings are backwards, however. XA Audio works when it's set to off in the GUI. I don't have any games utilizing CDDA audio so I couldn't test out that switch.

I've also noticed that if I have the boxart fetching enabled and it can't find the boxart for that game, PCSX will just automatically close.

Those are the only glitches I've found so far.

Great job with this emulator. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
    02-26-13 11:25 AM
    Awesome. Thanks to the dev!

"Touch analog stick support"

Does that mean Bluetooth gamepads work? If so, which ones? PS3?
    02-26-13 11:54 AM
    Once I copied over the bios, enabled enhanced textures and enabled Frame skip to always on, everything has been working great! Loading performance is pretty good on the SDCard as well.

I think the audio settings are backwards, however. XA Audio works when it's set to off in the GUI. I don't have any games utilizing CDDA audio so I couldn't test out that switch.

I've also noticed that if I have the boxart fetching enabled and it can't find the boxart for that game, PCSX will just automatically close.

Those are the only glitches I've found so far.

Great job with this emulator. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for the info. I've also found enhanced textures + auto-frameskip to work well. That's what I use for most games. I'm loving how good the Final Fantasy games look with it on.

I'll take a look at the audio settings. I'm pretty sure they were being set correctly in the frontend, but the emulator may be overwriting it somewhere.

I tried to protect from the boxart crashes but I must have missed a case. I'll fix that for the next update. Hopefully soon as that would be annoying I'm sure.

Awesome. Thanks to the dev!

"Touch analog stick support"

Does that mean Bluetooth gamepads work? If so, which ones? PS3?
    Gamepads aren't supported yet in the emulator. That'll be the next feature I look into. PS3 controllers aren't currently supported on BB10. You need a generic HID controller or a wiimote. I think BB10 recommends the steelseries free or gametel. They should be adding support for others in the future, and it'll require no work on my part after I initially implement gamepads. They should just work as BB10 supports them.

That point meant that you can replace the on-screen dpad, with a virtual left analog stick. There are some games where the sticks are needed, and some where dpads are. There just isn't the screen space to have both.
    02-26-13 12:13 PM
    Thanks for clarifying, and best of luck with the gamepad project.
    02-26-13 01:06 PM
    Once I copied over the bios, enabled enhanced textures and enabled Frame skip to always on, everything has been working great!
    Thanks for this tip, worked great to get tekken3 working properly lol
    02-26-13 07:32 PM
    thanks so much for this! one question: does it play .iso? doesn't seem to be reading any of mine. the playbook version did. cheers
    02-27-13 08:52 PM
    Looks like there is an issue with the file searching. See if renaming it to .bin will let it play for now. I'll get a fix out hopefully tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 10:05 PM
    no luck unfortunately. all good, hopefully there is a fix
    02-28-13 02:47 AM
    You can create a cue sheet and have it point to your iso image. Just Google how to make a cue sheet for play station games. All you need is a text editor.

I load all of my games this way and it works for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 07:33 AM
    I have a fix for that as well as the other issues found so far. I've also added initial gamepad support though it's mostly untested. I'll have it up tonight if no issues come up.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 08:02 AM
    Beta update available in OP. Fixed the bugs raised so far, and added (hopefully) gamepad support. If someone with a compatible controller could try it out that would be great. I'm looking to get one soon to do some testing also. Thought I'd at least get it out as it doesn't seem to affect normal play.
    03-01-13 11:12 PM
    Is it possible to play disc images other then .bin? I mean a lot of my games are in .img...

EDIT: I try to run Initial D, converted to bin and the emulator seems to crash :/
    EDIT 2: I turned off Boxart scraping, and I at least get the gamepad on screen but that's it.
    Last edited by Djlatino; 03-02-13 at 01:49 AM.
    03-02-13 01:18 AM
    Have you tried the update I posted? Should be able to see and play .img. Let me know otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 06:43 AM
    The only bluetooth controller I have is a Wiimote. If I try to launch PCSX and the Wiimote is already connected to my Z10, it crashes on startup. If I connect to the Wiimote after I start PCSX, PCSX doesn't crash but it won't see any input from the Wiimote when I try to configure the gamepad or keyboard. My Z10 detects the Wiimote is a HID device.

And I am running the latest beta that was just released. I'm also running OS 10.0.10.85 on my Z10.
    03-02-13 10:12 AM
    Ah, too bad. I'll look to get a controller and fix it. Probably want to stop trying to use it for now then. Thanks for the test. I'll try to get something going for later next week.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 11:21 AM
    Thanks for the quick fixes. It's reading .iso files fine now it seems and no more crashing on a lot of the games I tested. Short question though, Is it possible to make games not reboot after opening and closing the menu or do they need to?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 01:42 PM
    Use the Disc swap instead of menu if you want to enter the menu then return back, it's the equivalent of opening and closing the lid on the PS. If it's the same game it'll just keep going. I'll see if I can either clarify the wording or if you don't change the rom, then don't reload the game. The issue there is someone may want to restart the game.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 02:10 PM
    I could add a resume button in the menu that would continue the current game, and keep the play button to reload. That may be ideal. I'll look into that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 02:17 PM
    Ah I see. I should have checked that haha. Yeah, sounds like a resume button may work best. Thanks for the info.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 04:58 PM
    thanks i can now load .iso! .7z doesn't work though.. should it?
    03-03-13 06:18 PM
    thanks i can now load .iso! .7z doesn't work though.. should it?
    Probably not. .7z is a 7Zip file. Unzip the .iso from it first using that program and than it should work with the emulator I would think.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 07:50 PM
    ah thanks!
    03-03-13 08:26 PM
152 123 ...