Playstation Emulator for BlackBerry 10: PCSX-ReARMed-BB with Cascades!
I'm happy to announce the release of a PlayStation emulator for BlackBerry 10, PCSX-ReARMed-BB. This is a redone version of the PlayBook port, with a Cascades front-end.
- Boxart Scraping
- Load roms from SD card
- Keyboard Support
- Touch analog stick support
- Enhanced resolution setting
- In-game disc swapping
- Gamepad Support
Current Version: 188.8.131.52
Released: March 11th 2013
Download Link: PCSX-ReARMed-BB
Q10 Beta: 184.108.40.206
Released: May 6th 2013
Download Link: PCSX-ReARMed-BB
- When disc swapping, cancelling the picker will not resume the game. To resume, select the game you are currently playing.
- After using the in-game menu, you will need to touch the screen to use keyboard/gamepad again.
- Fixed Gamepad support (tested with Wiimote).
- Added BIOS selection in settings.
- Added resume button after returning to menu from a game.
- Disc swap will now only open a file picker to pick a rom to switch to.
- Fixed Boxart crash when game name not found.
- Fixed searching for games other than .bin/.cue.
- Fixed backwards Xa/CDDA settings.
- Fixed cross and circle button mapping swapped for keyboard/gamepad.
- Fixed issues with entering and leaving menu or disc swapping.
- Added initial Gamepad support (Untested, may explode).
- Initial Release
Download the bar from above. Side load it using your favorite tool such as DDPB.
*Disclaimer: We will not help obtaining games or any other files. Search elsewhere.
- Roms can be located anywhere, by default it starts at misc/pcsx-rearmed-bb/iso/ with a toggle to default to the SD card.
- The folder structure will be created during first run.
- Next, connect your Z10 to your computer or enable wireless sharing.
- Open "My Computer" and select the BlackBerry network drive.
- Navigate to misc/pcsx-rearmed-pb/iso/ (or elsewhere) and copy your legally obtained games here.
- For boxart, the rom should have the game name followed by extra info in brackets: Game Name(Other info like disc #, region, etc).bin
- The bin and cue must have the same base name (ie. file 1.bin, file 1.cue).
- If you rename the bin or cue file, you MUST open the .cue for edit, and rename which .bin it points to (case sensitive).
- Optional but highly recommended for maximum compatibility:
- Copy a PlayStation BIOS to misc/pcsx-rearmed-bb/bios with name "SCPH1001.BIN".
Launch PCSX-ReARMed-BB, select the ... button, pick your game and enjoy! Perform a swipe down gesture to bring down the menu to return to menu, save and load state, and disc swap.
- Ensure you've read, abide by and completely understand the above section.
- Games can take up to 30 seconds to load, be patient.
- Try running the .bin and the .cue if the other doesn't work.
- If one game has issues, try a more popular game or another image of the same game.
- If audio is having issues, try changing the audio settings.
- Some games do not support analog pads and may cause input to stop working (Final Fantasy 7 is one).
PCSX-ReARMed source: https://github.com/notaz/pcsx_rearmed
PCSX-ReARMed-BB Source: https://github.com/CatalystG
Touch Control Overlay: https://github.com/blackberry/TouchControlOverlay
notaz (http://notaz.gp2x.de): Big thanks for providing the original emulator as well as helping resolve issues with the port.
If you enjoyed the emulator and wish to donate, you can do so here: Donate
As usual, I'm not responsible for any damage or bad things that may come of using this.
Last edited by Catalystg; 05-06-13 at 09:00 PM.
- 02-26-13, 11:25 AM #4
Once I copied over the bios, enabled enhanced textures and enabled Frame skip to always on, everything has been working great! Loading performance is pretty good on the SDCard as well.
I think the audio settings are backwards, however. XA Audio works when it's set to off in the GUI. I don't have any games utilizing CDDA audio so I couldn't test out that switch.
I've also noticed that if I have the boxart fetching enabled and it can't find the boxart for that game, PCSX will just automatically close.
Those are the only glitches I've found so far.
Great job with this emulator. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
I'll take a look at the audio settings. I'm pretty sure they were being set correctly in the frontend, but the emulator may be overwriting it somewhere.
I tried to protect from the boxart crashes but I must have missed a case. I'll fix that for the next update. Hopefully soon as that would be annoying I'm sure.
That point meant that you can replace the on-screen dpad, with a virtual left analog stick. There are some games where the sticks are needed, and some where dpads are. There just isn't the screen space to have both.
Beta update available in OP. Fixed the bugs raised so far, and added (hopefully) gamepad support. If someone with a compatible controller could try it out that would be great. I'm looking to get one soon to do some testing also. Thought I'd at least get it out as it doesn't seem to affect normal play.
- 03-02-13, 01:18 AM #15
Is it possible to play disc images other then .bin? I mean a lot of my games are in .img...
EDIT: I try to run Initial D, converted to bin and the emulator seems to crash :/
EDIT 2: I turned off Boxart scraping, and I at least get the gamepad on screen but that's it.
Last edited by Djlatino; 03-02-13 at 01:49 AM.
- 03-02-13, 10:12 AM #17
The only bluetooth controller I have is a Wiimote. If I try to launch PCSX and the Wiimote is already connected to my Z10, it crashes on startup. If I connect to the Wiimote after I start PCSX, PCSX doesn't crash but it won't see any input from the Wiimote when I try to configure the gamepad or keyboard. My Z10 detects the Wiimote is a HID device.
And I am running the latest beta that was just released. I'm also running OS 10.0.10.85 on my Z10.
- 03-02-13, 01:42 PM #19
Thanks for the quick fixes. It's reading .iso files fine now it seems and no more crashing on a lot of the games I tested. Short question though, Is it possible to make games not reboot after opening and closing the menu or do they need to?
Posted via CB10
Use the Disc swap instead of menu if you want to enter the menu then return back, it's the equivalent of opening and closing the lid on the PS. If it's the same game it'll just keep going. I'll see if I can either clarify the wording or if you don't change the rom, then don't reload the game. The issue there is someone may want to restart the game.
Posted via CB10
- By Catalystg in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 715Last Post: 08-20-16, 03:55 PM
- By leafs123 in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 6Last Post: 01-29-13, 08:56 PM
- By C1rclez in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 2Last Post: 05-24-10, 04:46 AM
- By steelpenguin in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 12Last Post: 05-11-10, 07:59 AM
- By Futurdreamz in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 08-06-09, 01:55 PM