Yeah, touch controls are a limitation in some games for sure. I've added initial gamepad support to the PS emulator, but I need to get a compatible controller to fix the last few issues. Once that's fixed I'll add it here. I'm thinking about trying to use the accelerometer and mapping gestures to buttons. Not sure how well it'll work though or if there is many use cases for it. Something like tilting the device right/left to use the R/L buttons in Diddy Kong Racing.
    03-05-13 01:51 PM
    Would absolutely love game pad support for this emulator! Will donate soon to support you in this project.

Slight off topic:

My old wii remote is supposed to work with the Z10 but has anyone been able to get it to pair? It will say connected when I do the "Hold 1 and 2 to Pair" but the blue lights won't stop flashing which normally indicates that it has paired. It also doesn't help that I don't know any apps it is supposed to work with so I cannot really test it. Any one with knowledge on the subject would be my hero

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 04:56 PM
    Once it is paired with the wiimote, the blue light will keep flashing until it is un-pair. I also wrote some gamepad support to a PCengine emulator and test it already, works good. If interested, I can posted it somewhere (maybe a new thread).
    03-06-13 08:56 AM
    sorry for my ignorance but i've never sideloaded apps to my Z10 or even my playbook, is the bar file what is needed on our devices or do we have to convert it via the bootloader to put it on our devices or can i simply downlaod it from the box to my device and have it install
    03-06-13 04:26 PM
    sorry for my ignorance but i've never sideloaded apps to my Z10 or even my playbook, is the bar file what is needed on our devices or do we have to convert it via the bootloader to put it on our devices or can i simply downlaod it from the box to my device and have it install
    use ddpb to install bar file on device.
    connect, add bar, install, done! (search for actual steps plenty of threads)
    03-07-13 04:19 PM
    I'm happy to announce the release of an N64 emulator for BlackBerry 10, Mupen64+ BB. This is a redone version of the PlayBook port, with a Cascades front-end.

New Features
    1. Boxart Scraping
    2. Load roms from SD card
    3. Keyboard Support
    4. Multiple touchscreen layouts
    5. Settings remembered for each rom
    6. Multiplayer with touchscreen and keyboards
    7. Cheats

Current Version: 1.0.0.3
    Released: Feb 23rd 2013
    Download Link: Mupen64+ BB

Known Issues
    1. Returning to Menu can sometimes crash the emulator
    2. Legend of Zelda: OoT needs to use GLES2N64 or you'll get stuck in the start menu.

Change Log
    Rev: 1.0.0.3
    1. Initial Release

Usage
    Download the bar from above. Side load it using your favorite tool such as DDPB.

Loading Games
    *Disclaimer: We will not help obtaining games or any other files. Search elsewhere.

1. Roms can be located anywhere, by default it starts at misc/n64/rom/ with a toggle to default to the SD card.
    2. The folder structure will be created during first run.
    3. Next, connect your Z10 to your computer or enable wireless sharing.
    4. Open "My Computer" and select the BlackBerry network drive.
    5. Navigate to misc/n64/rom/ (or elsewhere) and copy your legally obtained games here.
    6. For boxart, the rom should have the game name followed by extra info in brackets: eg. Game Name(Other info like disc #, region, etc).n64
    7. Supports .n64, .z64 and .v64 roms.
    8. Use GLES2Rice unless you run into issues.

Launch Mupen64+ BB, select the ... button, pick your game and enjoy! Perform a swipe down gesture to bring down the menu to return to menu, save and load states.

Troubleshooting
    1. Ensure you've read, abide by and completely understand the above section.
    2. Games can take up to 30 seconds to load, be patient.
    3. If one game has issues, try a more popular game or another image of the same game.

Source
    Mupen64Plus source: Mupen64Plus
    Mupen64+ BB Source: https://github.com/CatalystG

Donate
    If you enjoyed the emulator and wish to donate, you can do so here: Donate

As usual, I'm not responsible for any damage or bad things that may come of using this.
    Will you be releasing this via BBW?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 04:24 PM
    Will you be releasing this via BBW?

Posted via CB10
    Can't, emulators aren't allowed in BBW. Ideally I would want to but I really don't blame them.
    03-07-13 07:05 PM
    There are DOS emulators on BlackBerry World for the PlayBook. So maybe check again about that?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 07:28 PM
    It was in limbo for a while, and the DOS emulator was added pretty early on. Eventually, a while later I heard from dev relations a definite no for emulators. It is a bit of a legal grey area so I assume they just don't want to deal with it.
    03-07-13 10:54 PM
    Can't, emulators aren't allowed in BBW. Ideally I would want to but I really don't blame them.
    And yet Google allow emulators in their PlayStore plus BB10 is an emulator as it can run Android apps.
    Looking forward to sideloading at the weekend, Catalystg - my donation will be winging it's way to you shortly.
    Would you like me to deposit into your offshore account or would you prefer PayPal?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 08:13 PM
    Google is very hands off with their store. I'm not sure if they even do any testing to accept/deny applications. They'll let just about anything in.

BlackBerry makes sure apps are functional and at least a somewhat good user experience. An emulator without the roms and such doesn't do much, and I could see complaints coming from those that don't understand how it works.

At least they allow side loading for cases like this.

Posted via CB10
    PostMortem likes this.
    03-09-13 06:41 AM
    love it! only 1 prob, the sensitivity on the joystick is too high. playing mario kart, it turns far too hard. any way of decreasing this? also, does anyone know of any other emulators available on z10? i know a gba one just got released for it. thanks for this!
    03-10-13 12:27 AM
    Crashes every single time I load a ROM - I select the ROM, it spins, then crashes - yet I can load the same ROMs without issue using the N64 emulator on my Android. Hmm.
    03-10-13 12:50 AM
    Turn off box art scraping in general settings. Currently it'll crash if it doesn't find any art for it. I'll fix that today and get a new version out.

As for the joystick, I'm not sure how much I can do. I could look into making it not quite as linear, so it'll be more sensitive the closer you get to the edge. I'll play around with some of this and see if I can get it feeling better.

Posted via CB10
    wxmancanada likes this.
    03-10-13 07:02 AM
    I've tried Zelda games and for some reason everytime i press the pause button, it freezes the game. I can't save the game. Even using the drop down save/load buttons it just freezes. Any solutions? Using on z10

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 12:05 PM
    Change to gles2n64. I mentioned in the OP that it can happen. Should still play well with that.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 12:07 PM
    I've tried Zelda games and for some reason everytime i press the pause button, it freezes the game. I can't save the game. Even using the drop down save/load buttons it just freezes. Any solutions? Using on z10

Posted via CB10
    Hm, that's weird. I'm able to get Zelda playable. The start menu does freeze but if I make a save state before pressing start and then load it once it's frozen it no longer freezes the next time I go into the start menu. I was using a Master Quest rom instead of the regular Oot rom, but not sure if that makes a difference. The only other thing I've noticed is a small graphical glitch that doesn't display the hearts properly, so it's impossible to tell how much life you have left. You still have the audio cue when you're low, though so it's playable. Currently I've made it to the first boss and these are The only issues I've run into.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 02:08 PM
    Could be the Master quest. I'll give it a try when I get a chance and see if I can get past it. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 04:26 PM
    Thanks a lot! Now I'm hooked! haha
    Attached Thumbnails Nintendo 64 Emulator for BlackBerry 10: Mupen64+ BB with Cascades!-img_00000025.jpg  
    03-10-13 07:30 PM
    This is GREAT! I look forward to seeing game pad support! Can't wait for the Z10 to release in the USA.
    03-10-13 07:42 PM
    Just got a wiimote, and got support working with the PS emulator. Will port it over to here so it shouldn't be long now.

Posted via CB10
    twidget2iwo likes this.
    03-11-13 06:46 AM
    Just got a wiimote, and got support working with the PS emulator. Will port it over to here so it shouldn't be long now.

Posted via CB10
    Excellent!!
    03-11-13 07:22 AM
    Google is very hands off with their store. I'm not sure if they even do any testing to accept/deny applications. They'll let just about anything in.

BlackBerry makes sure apps are functional and at least a somewhat good user experience. An emulator without the roms and such doesn't do much, and I could see complaints coming from those that don't understand how it works.

At least they allow side loading for cases like this.

Posted via CB10
    You may be right.
    Played Mario Kart at the weekend, the emulator is fantastic. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 09:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Will be looking forward to that, thanks a lot for all the work you are doing!

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 12:33 AM
    First off I want to say I appreciate the amount of work you have done to bring us two amazing emulators for BB10

I know you may be busy with other thing but I am just wondering if you have an eta for game pad support for this n64 emulator?

I convinced 3 of my friends to ditch their iPhone for a Z10 largely because I showed them Mario kart and super Mario 64 running on your emulator (they don't realize emulators are available on other platforms haha shh don't tell) we are all eagerly waiting to use game pads with classic N64 games so if you had an idea on when that will be available I'd love to be able to tell them something

Thanks again for all your work

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 11:17 AM
168 1234 ...