I got this non opengl issue fix. But still wonder what caused the problem on STL100-1 device when using opengl.

If u r willing to help out, I can send u a beta to test it, and hopefully found the issue and get it fix.

Posted via CB10
    Sure I'd be more than happy to test and help you out with it.
    03-25-13 04:18 AM
    When I set the opengl to 0 from the config file, this is what I got:

Attachment 143261

It seems that the screen is still black. :\
    I have the same issue, although leaving as is (OpenGL turned on) gives me "normal" controls and I hear the sound of the game but can't see anthing. This probably is the lack of 1GB memory on my DevAlpha right?
    03-25-13 06:01 AM
    Just pitching in to say that I have the same problem as abUdi4 and JunkieXP. I've tried every combination with a handful of different ROMs (gb, gbc and gba) and bios (gb, gba, and none), and all I can get is a black screen with the buttons and sound. Like JunkieXP I have the 1 GB RAM DevAlpha, I can only imagine that that is the cause.

On the other hand, if it were working, this port seems superb! I like the buttons, the interface, and how simple it is to set up. Even if you can't get it working for DevAlpha devices, I appreciate all the effort gone in to this.
    JunkieXP likes this.
    03-25-13 10:21 AM
    Both dev alpha and STL100-1 are based on a different gfx hw. I guess it is related to the shader code not able to compiled properly.

Test binary is on its way.

Posted via CB10
    JunkieXP likes this.
    03-25-13 10:41 AM
    For those brave soul, here u go:
    GBA-BB (r1.0.4.3)
    Custom Shader

Installation procedure:
    - Remove old GBAEMU
    - delete misc/gbaemu/vbam.cfg
    - Side load the new BAR file
    - copy custom.fs into misc/gbaemu
    - copy gba.bin bios and ROMS into misc/roms/gba

Run the GBA emulator, select your ROM, and cross your finger.
    If u see video output, that does not mean it is fixed, its just that I used a basic shader as a fallback mode.

Please close the emulator, and PM me the misc/gbaemu/logs. Hopefully can find the issue.
    Thx
    tredge likes this.
    03-25-13 12:25 PM
    For those brave soul, here u go:
    GBA-BB (r1.0.4.3)
    Custom Shader

Installation procedure:
    - Remove old GBAEMU
    - delete misc/gbaemu/vbam.cfg
    - Side load the new BAR file
    - copy custom.fs into misc/gbaemu
    - copy gba.bin bios and ROMS into misc/roms/gba

Run the GBA emulator, select your ROM, and cross your finger.
    If u see video output, that does not mean it is fixed, its just that I used a basic shader as a fallback mode.

Please close the emulator, and PM me the misc/gbaemu/logs. Hopefully can find the issue.
    Thx
    I am sorry to say that I still have the same problem I can hear the sound but have a black screen.

P.S I sent you the log by pm.
    03-25-13 12:57 PM
    Nothing has changed on my DevAlpha PRO100-2, don't put to much effort in fixing it, support for Q10 might be a better value for your time =)!
    03-25-13 12:59 PM
    Bookmarking this to try later

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 04:26 PM
    Anyone else having an issue with your games running slow? Does anyone know a way to fix this?
    03-26-13 12:39 AM
    I presume you'll just have to wait for a new version. Anyway, Link's Awakening plays perfectly, so there is no need for any further debugging, har har.
    03-26-13 01:34 AM
    Anyone else having an issue with your games running slow? Does anyone know a way to fix this?
    Name your game and see what we can do. Not a easy thing though. Problem is that emulator requires lots of cpu power, but the app processor has thermal control integrated, so when it is hot, it will automatically slow down the cpu clock to reduce the heat. Current emulator has some kind of auto frame skip capability, not working too well, and even it works, the video output will be jitter.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 08:28 AM
    Thanks for abUdi4 and JunkieXP helped testing, the black screen issue is resolved for STL100-1 device and Dev-alpha device.
    However, Dev-alpha device still has corruption issue, which I have no clue at this moment. Will continue work with JunkieXP in the background to see if we can figure it out for the reason.

SGB frame corruption issue is also fixed. So a new release should be on its way.
    JunkieXP, abUdi4 and Mister Xiado like this.
    03-26-13 09:54 AM
    Name your game and see what we can do. Not a easy thing though. Problem is that emulator requires lots of cpu power, but the app processor has thermal control integrated, so when it is hot, it will automatically slow down the cpu clock to reduce the heat. Current emulator has some kind of auto frame skip capability, not working too well, and even it works, the video output will be jitter.

Posted via CB10
    I've only tried 3 Pokemon games (Fire Red Leaf Green and Emerald) If i have time today I'm going to try some Mega Man or Metroid.

Thanks for the reply.
    03-26-13 01:15 PM
    Release 1.0.4.4
    Release Date: Mar26, 2013
    Download Link: GBA-BB (r1.0.4.4)
    Fixes
    - Bug fix SGB frame corruption
    - Bug fix STL100-1 and dev-alpha device black screen problem
    - Bug fix slow frame rate on some of the GBA games
    - Bug fix GB/GBC game loading problem if first game loading is GBA
    - Bug fix GBA state loading/state saving problem if ROM is not first loading ROM
    - Known issue: for dev-alpha device, openGl option in vbam.cfg must be 1, otherwise there is corruption

Enjoy!!
    03-26-13 05:54 PM
    I transfer misc to my sd card, but it doesn't read it so i had to put in back to my phone.
    03-27-13 11:01 AM
    I tried the new release and now when my phone is paired to the Wii remote it won't run the GBA rom. I've renstalled the previous release and its working again.
    03-27-13 11:28 AM
    I transfer misc to my sd card, but it doesn't read it so i had to put in back to my phone.
    Just to make sure, your sd card should have the folder misc/roms/gba.

The bios file still need to be in the phone.

When u said doesn't read it, do u mean the list is not coming up for selection, or game loading from sd card not working. A bit more details will help.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 12:48 PM
    I tried the new release and now when my phone is paired to the Wii remote it won't run the GBA rom. I've renstalled the previous release and its working again.
    Works for me...

Can u enable logging?

Add: logToFile=1
    to misc/gbaemu/vbam.cfg

Rerun and pm me the logs, thx

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 12:52 PM
    gonna try this out now
    03-27-13 02:07 PM
    So do I create the misc folder in my ad card manually? I already tried that and it doesn't detect any rom and give me rom error.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 08:18 PM
    Did u try format the sd card using the z10? Then create the misc folder.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ulumu; 03-27-13 at 08:38 PM.
    03-27-13 08:27 PM
    Awww is there other way whereby I don't have to format my sd card using z10, I need it to be swap able between devices and formating using z10 doesn't allow other devices to detect my card...

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 08:35 PM
    Let me do a quick try again, delete the misc on my sd card, then copy misc folder to the sdcard

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 08:39 PM
    Still works for me, I delete the misc folder on the sdcard, and then I copy the entire misc folder from the device onto the sdcard. To double ensure, I deleted the misc/roms folder.

All these above, I used the file manager app on z10 to do.

Make sure shared folder permission is enabled for the emulator, but I think that should be on otherwise u can't access those roms on the device.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 08:47 PM
    It's shared by default and I tried creating misc gba rom using task manager and no luck. I guess I have to format the sd card then, I'm giving it a try and post here for the result.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 08:52 PM
530 ... 23456 ...