It works great! Thank you very much! :-)
    04-18-14 05:05 AM
    I have a Dev Alpha A. I thought that your last update would solve this but it didn't.
    I can install the bar fine, yes. But then when I run the app and chose a game, the screen flashes with glitched lines white and orange and then turns to black. I can see the onscreen buttons, but nothing else. Also the device turns slow like if it had low frame rate, some GUI elements flash out a little :P
    I think i've done the installation correctly, as I erased the config file and then edited the openGl after upgrade.
    04-18-14 06:00 PM
    R u installing the stl100-1 version? U shouldn't have to change any option in the vbam.cfg file.
    04-18-14 08:09 PM
    No, I'm installing the other one. I'm not sure what model is a Dev Alpha A (it doesn't say if i look in "about"), but it doesn't look like a stl100-1.
    Stl100-1: http://crackberry.com/sites/crackber...?itok=mE_o9IMy
    My phone: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget....1335835256.jpg

(I did upgrade the OS to apha B, but not further :S it may fail)

I changed the vbam.cfg as adived here:
    "Known issues:
    - for Dev-Alpha device, need to change openGl option in vbam.cfg to 1 in order to avoid corruption."

Should I do anything differently?
    04-19-14 09:23 PM
    U don't try u don't know. My understanding Dev alpha A had the same hw spec as the stl100-1
    04-20-14 11:34 AM
    I downloaded the latest emulator (the stl100~) and I'm using it on my z10. It works like a charm with pokemon, and I'm playing the older pokemon (pokemon gold for game boy colour). I'm really impressed with how efficient it is! The saving works without a hitch; I can exit the app and load a save file without any problems!

I know this isn't your day job, and you're really busy.. but would you be able to add 2 features on your to-do list?

- Being able to resize the screen and move it around in terms of placement would help. The buttons are large on the z10, so playing fast paced games like mario, or castlevania is hard because thumbs are always covering the left and right side of the screen from on coming enemies.
    - Being able to save the button placement configuration, and screen size/placement configuration would also help.

Overall, your app is 10/10 in my books. I literally played for a good hour and didn't experience much battery drain!
    05-07-14 01:05 PM
    Also I forgot to mention. You could push your app above and beyond other mobile emulators by adding the option to add another A and B button. The reasoning behind it is there are action games that are press sensitive for the GBA. So in Castlevania, to achieve the full height of a jump... I have to be holding on the jump button. When there are enemies really high up, I can't achieve full jump and attack because it requires me to release my finger off one button to use the other. I could just move the B button closer to my other hand, but then I can't do a directional attack which requires the Dpad + the B button.

Thanks for listening to me and the others!
    05-08-14 01:00 PM
    recently installed the latest 1.2.0.3 release. The keyboard seems less response; buttons need to be held for a split second before registering. The previous release buttons were just tapped and they would respond immediately. Running Z10 with 10.2.1.3175. Otherwise it is flawless. Awesome emulator.
    05-08-14 02:21 PM
    Also I forgot to mention. You could push your app above and beyond other mobile emulators by adding the option to add another A and B button. The reasoning behind it is there are action games that are press sensitive for the GBA. So in Castlevania, to achieve the full height of a jump... I have to be holding on the jump button. When there are enemies really high up, I can't achieve full jump and attack because it requires me to release my finger off one button to use the other. I could just move the B button closer to my other hand, but then I can't do a directional attack which requires the Dpad + the B button.

Thanks for listening to me and the others!
    Interesting thought.... adding into TODO wish list
    05-08-14 03:43 PM
    recently installed the latest 1.2.0.3 release. The keyboard seems less response; buttons need to be held for a split second before registering. The previous release buttons were just tapped and they would respond immediately. Running Z10 with 10.2.1.3175. Otherwise it is flawless. Awesome emulator.
    I am quite sure I did not change any touchscreen related functionality at all. Not sure what causing that.... Works fine me though!!
    05-08-14 03:47 PM
    I know I'm going to look very stupid, but I tapped 'Save State' instead of 'Load State' when I opened Pokemon. Is there any possible way I can recover the previous state file?
    05-19-14 09:39 AM
    Unfortunately no
    05-19-14 10:13 AM
    Unfortunately no
    Aw man seriously? I was on Victory road. Even caught the legendary bird trio (Leaf Green)

Even no overly complicated super tech way?

Channel for BlackBerry users in India
    05-19-14 11:25 AM
    I know I'm going to look very stupid, but I tapped 'Save State' instead of 'Load State' when I opened Pokemon. Is there any possible way I can recover the previous state file?
    That happened to me during golden sun. There are 3 programing solutions to help curb this problem. One could be to add a prompt, but that might take away from the user experience. The other would be to add a save and load folder, but that would also take a while to create. The third way, and most easy way, would be to move the buttons to opposite ends and colour them differently. Like red to save, green to load. Psychologically over time you'll associate the red button with save and the green button with load and you won't even need to think. Also, I don't mind helping create buttons for the interface on the emulator to update the look.
    Last edited by sbren; 05-22-14 at 02:15 AM. Reason: didnt include reply
    05-22-14 02:07 AM
    That happened to me during golden sun. There are 3 programing solutions to help curb this problem. One could be to add a prompt, but that might take away from the user experience. The other would be to add a save and load folder, but that would also take a while to create. The third way, and most easy way, would be to move the buttons to opposite ends and colour them differently. Like red to save, green to load. Psychologically over time you'll associate the red button with save and the green button with load and you won't even need to think. Also, I don't mind helping create buttons for the interface on the emulator to update the look.
    Also, how about the ability to have multiple save slots like in emulators for PC?

Channel for BlackBerry users in India
    05-22-14 12:10 PM
    Hey.
    So I trid playing summon night swordcraft story 2 but it crashes at the 1st battle, so my question is if they're any solutions out there? And if you would like i'll put up the coredump file here if you wanna take a look

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 12:32 AM
    Send it over through PM ,I will take a look when I have time.
    05-23-14 08:46 AM
    installing the stl100-1 version worked to open the roms! but now there is no sound :/ soundQuality is already set to 2
    05-24-14 08:53 PM
    Did not change anything related to sound. Have you delete the vbam.cfg file when upgraded?
    05-24-14 10:00 PM
    yes
    05-26-14 01:10 PM
    Hey, I'm running pokemon emerald on my q10. For the first 5ish minutes, everything is flawless, everything runs very smooth, but after the first 5ish minutes everything gets really choppy, the fps drops really badly, and the music gets really choppy. The rest of the game will remain at a bad FPS, nothing seems to fix it, restarting the game, restarting my device. The only way that seemed to fix it was to reinstall the app, but then the game got choppy again after a few minutes of playing. Is this common? Is there something I should do? Is it possibly the version of pokemon I'm running? Which version is known to have good standings?

Thanks.
    05-28-14 01:23 PM
    Game like Pokemon use a lot of CPU power to emulate, thus cause the CPU heat up quite fast. Once the thermal control kicks in the bb10 device, it slows down the CPU clock automatically and u will get bad fps. If u can get ur device to cool down, the fps will go back up.
    05-28-14 07:24 PM
    Can we download this from BlackBerry World?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 01:46 AM
    Is it working on Z30? I have sideloaded and added a few games (unzipped) in the folder suggested. But, when I open the app, it gives me this message. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!
    GBA Emulator for BB10 - a port from VBA-m-img_20140626_193804.png

My awesome Z30 just impressed you again!
    06-26-14 05:38 PM
    I am pretty desperate and I am hoping for help regarding GBA_bb. Everything works fine on my Q10, except for one thing:

- When playing GBC/GB games with borderOn=0 in vbam.cfg it just displays one single line at the top, below, everything is black. Turning borderOn=1 shows the SGB border, which makes the game very very small on the already small screen...

Please see attachted screenshots:
    1. SGB Borders turned on
    2. SGB Borders turned off, fullscreen turned off
    3. SGB Borders turned off, fullscreen turned on

Thanks in advance!

Ulf
    Attached Thumbnails GBA Emulator for BB10 - a port from VBA-m-img_20140703_111955.png   GBA Emulator for BB10 - a port from VBA-m-img_20140703_111927.png   GBA Emulator for BB10 - a port from VBA-m-img_20140703_111922.png  
    Last edited by Ulferini Schusterotti; 07-03-14 at 04:41 AM.
    07-02-14 12:37 PM
530 ... 1617181920 ...