Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Asphalt 7 vs. Ragged Edge

So, Asphalt 7 was another one of the Gameloft titles to come flooding into BlackBerry World yesterday, and I'm trying to figure out where it fits on my list of top BB10 games. I threw it an honorable mention at least, but I still find Ragged Edge has a cooler setting and the gameplay is a bit smoother. It's weird to put an indie title ahead of one from a big publisher, since usually it's no contest, but curious to hear how you guys feel about 'em.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts

I never downloaded Ragged Edge, but I did support Gameloft yesterday and purchase Asphalt 7! Asphalt needs an update for performance issues for sure, but it is a fantastic game. Just my ten cents!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts

Nothing wrong with indie games. They're not restrained by deadlines, causing them to rush products out the door. They could focus on actual quality over quantity.

Asphalt7 is am example of this. It's a good game, but it has performance issues such as long load times, crashing and FPS inconsistencies. It feels like it was a rushed conversion from the Android version that's not optimized for BB10.

I haven't tried Ragged Edge though. I will probably download it later today.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Masahiro View Post
    Nothing wrong with indie games. They're not restrained by deadlines, causing them to rush products out the door. They could focus on actual quality over quantity.

Asphalt7 is am example of this. It's a good game, but it has performance issues such as long load times, crashing and FPS inconsistencies. It feels like it was a rushed conversion from the Android version that's not optimized for BB10.

I haven't tried Ragged Edge though. I will probably download it later today.
    Why rushed conversion from Android Version? These can be ports and rewritten from iOS also.
    Tried Ragged Edge, kinda become boring.